Chapter 42 – Scheming during the night
716 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Studying the strange beasts during the day only increased my curiosity towards them. I grew more and more restless as the day passed and night fell. The stillness of the night were only broken by the occasional gust of wind and Father deity's slow and steady breathing. Sitting underneath a tree I was secretly coordinating a grand plan...

I somewhat understood how the strange beasts moved about. I knew the surrounding area quite well. All the pieces slowly came together in my mind as I silently grinned to myself. I just needed the last two pieces...

Father deity were a true guardian. Never swaying his vision away from the strange beasts even for a moment. I could easily tell that he was very cautious about them. But from what I could see they were the least frightening ones... It's not like I intended to be found out anyways.

The first piece to my puzzle was for a way to get away from Father deity's watchful eye. But that was really not that simple at all.

The second piece was about my lack of skills when it came to sneaking around. While I looked at them I found a way soon enough. Our bodies were practically identical in shape. So I just needed to disguise myself as a plant and I would look just like them. So even if they caught me they would just think that I were like them and treat me like a plant as well. I was a bit concerned about them feeding me to the strange tree. But after studying them I quickly saw that they only cut down a part of the trees and then never did it again... So I quickly let go of that concern...

Rubbing my hands together I felt pleased with my scheme. I just needed to get approval from this great deity besides me and get some plants to cover my body like them.

I needed to spend the night making my disguise. I remembered the shape of some of the beasts and chose the simplest of them all. Remembering the structure of the plantfur I found back in the square I quickly got down to work. Sadly the mana in the area was nothing like back at the waterfall, so I had to be extremely careful in not spending too much from the fang around my neck. I grabbed a bunch of grass and some branches and moved them into one big pile. I had to save as much mana as possible, so I had to use some of the plants around me as the foundation...

I quickly found out that making plantfur is really difficult... The structure was harder than I thought and I secretly got even more excited to find out more about these beasts. If they could produce that many plantfurs they must be great at using their powers! While I was making the first prototype I felt that getting the right texture and strength was really, really hard. Afraid to waste any materials I slowly changed the form step by step and corrected it as soon as I felt something were wrong.

After a few hours I had completed my first plantfur. I had used more mana than I expected while making it... But the material and general look seemed close enough to what I've been seeing around... I think.

Standing up from the ground I held my new disguise up against the light and started struggling into it.

After a moment of intense frustration I came out into the light again. My arms through the holes on the sides. While my head through the little hole above the large hole. I'm sure I did it perfectly! No way they'll notice!

The soft feeling of the plantfur rubbed against my skin as I walked around in a circle. I understood why they liked walking around in this. It helped keeping my body warm and the soft feeling against my skin felt nice as well. It was quite large but I had almost made it as a perfect copy of the one I found in the square... So it gotta be just right I assume...

 

25