Chapter 43 – Onwards
674 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking over to Father deity I softly pulled his fur to get his attention. After a few attempts he finally looked down at me.

With a smile on my face I took a few steps back to show him my plantfur and looked up at him in anticipation as I waited for his reaction. As soon as he saw me he started glancing me up and down as he started sniffing the air around me. After good while he snorted in my direction and looked at me incredulously. Not understanding I pointed in the direction of the weird tree as I looked at him.

He followed my finger and starred out towards the distant light in the forest. A moment later he looked back at me and let out a low warning growl as he looked intently at my eyes. I looked up towards him with the same eyes as the children when they begged him for something. I tried my best to look as pitiful as possible. I even mimicked how they used to slightly pull at his fur as they begged. This was the hardest thing I've ever tried to accomplish in my entire life! This stern old deity had a tough shell, but hopefully soft on the inside!

A few embarrassing moments later he pretended to not care as he walked away and continued to watch the flickering light in the distance.

Feeling a rush of excitement I went over and stroked his fur to placate this soft old deity. A few strokes later he pushed me away with his tail as he scratched a few times in the soil with his long claws. After he was done making a mess of the ground he looked at me once more and waited for me to respond.

Not understanding at all I just nodded my head at whatever he was trying to say. I just wanted to get going before the sun started to rise. Considering the time since sunset I should still have a few good hours of night...

After nodding my head half off, he finally looked away and continued whatever he was doing.

Looking at him for a moment I slowly turned around and started walking out into the darkness. When I was about to leave his sight I briefly looked back before I walked off.

 

 

As I made my way through the forest below the hill I carefully surveyed my surroundings. My disguise might be perfect but I still remembered last time I got lost in the forest... I would have to stay vigilant. Making some final checks on my plantfur and making sure that my fang were well hidden below it. I started increasing my speed as I somewhat nimbly moved through the forest.

I tried to hide my presence as much possible as I kept my breathing and mana under tight control. My breathing quickened as I stood frozen behind a tall tree as light flickered between the branches. The sound of voices slowly crept closer and closer as voices slowly became more and more clear.

I could somewhat understand what they said. The beasts spoke in slow and quiet voices as they slowly made their way through the vegetation. A lot of their words seemed similar to mine. But they spoke about a lot of weird things. I hardly understood half of it... Getting curious about them I tried to peek out from between two large branches...

There were three beasts walking with burning branches causing the flickering light to seep through the forest. Shocked I looked closely at their fur. Some of them had iron as fur! Suddenly remembering the shiny metal I found at the square in the forest.... So they also wear iron?! Looking down at my plantfur covered body I felt somewhat dejected. I thought my disguise was universal... Seems like I'll need to be cautious. Looking at the other two beasts wearing plantfur somewhat similar to mine, my nerves somewhat calmed down.

Remembering to keep my breathing steady and my mana under control the three beasts passed by me quite easily. Seems like their sense of smell is quite bad....

25