Chapter 49 – Strange encounter
645 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I arrived at the bottom I immediately started rummaging through everything that caught my eyes. The squares stacked alongside the walls had all sorts of weird things inside them... There was even some of those slices of wood with skin around them there as well. Throwing them over my shoulder I tried to dig deeper. There must be something really interesting stored here somewhere! The strange objects that kept me from entering were so formidable...

After throwing about 10-14 of the strange slices of wood onto the ground I walked over to the next one and did the same...

 

Suddenly in the fifth square I found something that peaked my interest. The object was round. Transparent and very clear. My hands holding the bottom of it could cleanly be seen through it. Moving my face closer to it I tried think of what this thing could do. Failing to note anything interesting I tried to investigate the insides with my mana.

However. Before I managed to make sense out of the information something extremely astonishing happened. The round object suddenly flashed for a brief second before it started pulsing rhythmically.  Very interesting... I moved my face closer to it as I waited for something to happen. After a short while the object slowly turned hazy. Shocked by what happened next I accidentally dropped the round object on the ground as I quickly took a few steps backwards. Tripping over one of the useless slices of wood I fell on my rear as I kept my eyes on the object.

I must have looked extremely awkward from the look on the round object's face! Yes... A face was trapped inside the round object! After the object turned hazy a face suddenly appeared! How!? How! And why did the beasts trap someone who looked like them inside the object?!

The being inside the object moved its mouth but I couldn't hear anything. It looked straight at me... I slowly sat up straight as we starred at each other... After a short while I finally gathered my courage and slowly crawled over towards it. Pushing it slightly with my finger it rolled for a bit before coming to a stop. The face within the object kept looking at me throughout the motion. 

Picking it up in my hands I looked it over. A crack had appeared on the surface and a little piece had broken off. Must've happened when I dropped it! I tried shaking it for a bit to see if the face would move around but nothing happened. It just kept looking at me. Maybe the beasts would lock their prey in these round objects to keep them from escaping? It did not seem like it though... The face inside the object seemed somehow displeased and surprised with me. The beast's eyebrows were furrowed together as his mouth moved slightly. I have no clue what I should do now... Without any better alternative I softly placed the object back into the square and closed it... What I can't see can't bother me!  I still had a lot more interesting things to go through after all... It was not like the beast inside the object could call for help or anything. Hehe.

 

 

23