Chapter 50 – Empty threats
666 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finishing up looking through the squares in the room I turned my attention towards the last unexplored part. I've wasted too much time here. I needed to quickly finish up and leave before any of the beasts came back from their trip. As I were about to try and open the frame in the wall I heard something from above me.

"HEY! Come out right now! We know you're in here!" A loud voice made its way down.

Freezing in my motion I quickly looked over towards the entrance. Somehow they actually found me! Looking down at my disguise and around the room I immediately thought that I would get into trouble. The room was extremely messy! My disguise would only help me if I stayed out of trouble... But seeing the objects tossed carelessly around I somehow doubted that this would be considered not causing trouble... How did they even manage to find me!?

Suddenly remembering the beast in the round object I quickly ran over towards the square and tore off the lid. Picking it up with my hands I quickly pushed my mana through it! After a short moment the beast's smug face greeted my eyes!

Gritting my teeth I decided that if I were going down. This beast would go down with me!

As the beasts slowly crawled down the stairs I could hear multiple voices as they approached.

"What happened to the door!?" a surprised voice suddenly exclaimed as more and more footsteps approached.

I braced myself for the fight ahead as I gave a smirk towards towards the head in my hands. That smug smile vanished instantly from its irritating face and was replaced by a stern expression.

As the head's expression faded it happened. Three beasts stood in the entrance and looked towards me with gaping mouths. For a moment I thought my disguised had them fooled. But that thought quickly vanished as they almost immediately assumed an aggressive stance. One of the beasts even pulled out a long metal stick and held it tightly!.

I had to make my move quickly before I lost my chance!

Raising the head towards the sky I yelled

"Don't move! Or I'll smash this!"

 

**

 

"Everyone! Someone is on the airship!" Orrlin's hurried voice spread through the camp as he rushed out from his tent.

Immediately the people that remained in the camp rushed towards the deck of the airship. Climbing up the ladder they cautiously looked around.

"Orrlin! Who's on the airship? We're the only humans here? Don't tell me it was some beast?" Senna quickly made her way onboard as well. She quickly glanced around for any obvious damage. But failed to find anything out of the ordinary.

"Shush. It's below the deck in the storage room. Apparently it activated the communications orb and Henrik picked it up. He called me afterwards and informed me" he spoke quickly as he motioned for people to enter the lower deck of the airship. Senna and Orrlin followed after the other four people as they slowly made their way below.

As three explorer's skilled in combat made their way past the door Senna suddenly realized something.

"What happened to the door!?" she loudly said.

Orrlin looked at the remains on the floor as a sudden thought appeared in his mind. But after a brief moment he just shook his head and followed the three men downstairs.

 

When the three men made their way into the room they were at first suprised about the mess. Books and other valuables were tossed around and some of the chests were still open. As their eyes scanned the insides they were shocked by what they saw.

A girl with white hair and a serious expression was standing with the ship's communication orb in her hands. The orb clearly showed Henrik's expression as he looked somewhat angry. But that was not the weirdest thing about the picture that greeted them.

The girl was wearing an extremely large shirt that went down to her knees...

As if breaking out of a trance. The three men prepared themselves for a fight. One of them pulled out a sword as he readied himself. But before he managed to make a move. The girl suddenly lifted the communication orb above her head and loudly yelled.

"Don't move! Or I'll smash this!"

 

24