Chapter 54 – Roles reversed!?
702 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Awkward silence once again spread as the wobbling object slowly came to a complete stop.  I took a step back and prepared myself to run. As my back hit the side of the airship I glanced down at the vines. But before I could make my move...

"You broke such an... valuable thing... Still you think of running away eh?"

The old beast looked at me with judgmental eyes. I knew that I had somewhat underestimated these beasts at this very moment... I needed to somehow reverse the situation and turn it around to my favor...

"I-I didn't break anything! Look! It's still round! Only a small scratch and you're calling it broken?"

I tried to argue my case and buy myself some time. I knew that the beast inside had left. But they did not blame me for it.

The long haired one looked amazed at the old beast. Apparently she was also surprised about how this old one turned black into white. A brilliant idea suddenly flashed before my eyes. Mother deity and Father deity. These two were powerful. If these two before me are the same... Father deity would often yield to Mother deity. So.. I just needed to make the long haired one agree that the old one were too stingy.

An evil grin formed in my mind as I played my part. Looking towards the long haired one I used my most powerful trick to gain Mother deity's protection.

"Long hair... I-it's not broken right? The old one is wrong right? I didn't do anything wrong... I only dropped it slightly before.. But it still worked afterwards... I really don't know...."

Playing my role to perfection I made myself look pitiful and looked up towards the long haired one. This trick was old... But very useful. After looking the long haired one in the eyes I turned my gaze downwards and shuffled slightly.

Perfection. Now I only had to wait for the result. In just a moment I shall turn the situation around and escape like the wind!

After a short while of silence I began to feel worried. This was likely my only chance of escaping... Looking up slightly towards the two beast I tried to figure out how effective my move had been. The old one's lips slightly shook as his obvious fake smile crumbled ever so slightly. The long haired one just looked at me with dazed eyes. But her posture told a different story. Her fingers slightly shook as holding something back. Her stance reminded me of the children back at the waterfall when Father deity brought home cores for them to eat.

This outcome was somewhat unexpected. Remembering back to my actions before, I couldn't find any fault...

Before I managed to finish my evaluation I suddenly felt a chill. My instincts warned me of danger.

As the impulses from my brain spread throughout my body. I tried to evade the dangerous enraged beast as the long haired one attacked me! It happened to fast. My poor body couldn't react in time as my vision turned dark as I fell into the beast's claws. My face was buried somewhere and I couldn't breath! I could only hear some muffled sounds as her claws crept all over me.

"She's so adorable!!! This is truly the greatest challenge of my life! Sorry but I simply can't resist anymore!"

"Senna be careful! Remember what I said!"

The old beast's voice were the only thing I manged to clearly hear as I were in the process of being squeezed to death.

An unlikely savior came to my aid as the old beast pulled the long haired aggressive one away from me. 

I immediately crawled behind the old beast as I cautiously looked at the long haired one. I had truly misjudged them. The situation was reversed in this pack! The reason for my last plan failing was simply because I picked the wrong target!... The Mother is the dangerous one in this pack. The Father is the protective one!

I grabbed his plantfur and slightly peeked out from behind him. I needed to use this to my advantage. Now I had gained the sympathy of the Father of the pack. I gained strong backing indeed. Now I just needed to use my keen mind and make the Father of the pack forget my previous deeds and remember that they truly wronged me!

24