Chapter 55 – A choice
639 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slightly pulling at his plantfur I tried to get the old one's attention.

His head spun side to side as he glanced at his surroundings with a serious expression. After a short while of looking around his eyes suddenly turned down towards me. He kept looking at me with his face slowly turning into somewhat of a smile. I suddenly had a bad hunch as I quickly released his plantfur and ran towards the edge of the airship. Looking down I thought briefly about my chances. There was quite the distance down. But the old one were standing next to the vines down. So it was either jumping down or getting caught by either one. I miscalculated this time. I don't know what changed the old one's mind. But right now he looked as dangerous as the long haired one.

"Girl. Where's your friend?"

The old one sudden words broke my train of thought as I looked him in the eyes. I gulped as I tried to figure out what he meant. I don't have anything like a friend... I only knew Father deity and Mother deity... And the children of course.

"M-my friend?"

"Yes. I remember Senna telling me"

He looked over towards the long haired one. I only realized now that Senna was her name. Apparently Senna had seen me with a friend before... The only one they could've seen me with is Father deity. But he's not my friend... He almost treated me like his own child. The same applied to Mother deity. So me being their friend is impossible...

After thinking it through I shook my head and replied "I-I don't understand..."

He looked at me and took a slow step forward as he continued "The white wolf from the hill. It's very strong. But beyond that... not very interesting..."

Stopping roughly a meter away from me, he continued speaking.

"But you are different... I know you had something to do with the event in the outer forest..." he stopped talking and looked thoughtfully at me.

After a short while he turned his gaze towards Senna and continued...

"Senna. That's why I told you to keep your distance. We don't know what this... girl is capable off."

His stern gaze rested on Senna's face as he made sure she understood his words. When she nodded he unfortunately returned his face towards me. The smile he had slowly turning into a serious expression as he looked me up and down once more. I really can't figure these beasts out! Their expressions change all the time! My mind was slowly turning numb from trying to read their expressions and thoughts. Only for them to suddenly change in an instant!

After a short while he spoke "Girl. Let's make an agreement between us two." he looked serious as he uttered those words. He kept his eyes locked with mine as he slowly moved one of his hands through the hair on his chin. Seeing that he was serious I asked him "What agreement?". He looked around the area as he pointed towards some weird objects that the nearby beasts were carrying around.

"We're here to research the mana flow in the inner forest." he paused as he looked back at me. "I can't afford any unnecessary problems during this time. That's why I'm willing to offer you a choice..."

 

 

 

21