Chapter 61 – Moody
747 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I couldn't see her facial expression. But I could easily tell that something bothered her...

"You can call me Syhna" I muttered in a low voice. Senna's soft hands abruptly stopped as she asked: "Where did that come from?". Her voice seemed a bit dejected. She probably wanted to name me herself. I turned my face in her direction as I said with a slight smile: "I don't know... I just feel it's familiar somehow". Senna's expression turned incredulous as she said: "You can't just pick something so important on a whim!".

As I was about to reply to her, I felt a familiar sensation.

"I'm leaving for now..." I quickly said as I get onto my feet. Senna looked up towards me with a surprised expression as I turned around and walked towards the outside. Before I managed to leave she suddenly said: "Wait Syhna" I looked back over my shoulder and saw her walking up to me. As she arrived by my side she looked at me for a brief moment before she said: "When are you coming back?" I kept my eyes locked with hers as I slowly responded "I don't know. When I'm done I guess..." The feeling of hunger made my mood irritable and I somehow felt more sensitive than usual... My close proximity to Senna teased my senses... I could clearly feel the small, but noticeable amount of mana inside her body... Shaking my head I quickly took a few steps backward, as I gave Senna a slight smile before quickly leaving the tent.

The afternoon sun dazed me slightly as I passed through the tent's entrance into the light. Through my barely open eyelids, I slowly took in my surroundings. A lot more beasts had returned while I was inside the tent with Senna... I did not have the patience to deal with these beasts. I slowly walked towards the edge of the forest as my vision slightly blurred... I felt really confused. I don't think I've ever felt like this before. Maybe it's because I've never fought against my instincts like this... 

"Wait!" I looked back towards the loud voice from their nest. That beast with the iron stick I met down in the airship was currently running towards me. I stood in silence as I glared at it. As the beast arrived he quickly blocked my path into the forest as he slowly said: "Leaving just like that?"

"Why? I can't?" I asked slowly as I looked into his eyes.

"You can if Sir Orrlin allows it..." he said before looking around. The beasts around us took that as a signal as they quickly made their way over...

"He did. So can you leave me alone?" I said as I looked around.

"Hmm." he looked at me while he took a glance at the beasts that surrounded me. After a brief moment, he continued "Orrlin isn't here right now... Why don-" before he managed to complete his sentence. A sharp voice came out from behind us "What are you doing... Paul?". Everyone except me turned their gaze towards the voice.

After a brief moment, Senna continued: "She made an agreement with Orrlin earlier today. She's currently under his protection. I'm assigned as her guard..." she stopped. I couldn't clearly see the beasts around me... The only thing in my mind was mana. I needed it now. It's their fault for not knowing the agreement...

 

 

 

 

21