Chapter 2
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2

 

Five years later Albert was sleeping in his room and suddenly he was woken up by a headache and a mechanical sounding voice.

 

Syncing system to host Albert Rosewood.

 

Syncing finished. Playing message from Ayana's servant Andrew. “Hello Orion or should I call you Albert now? Anyway this system will respond to your mental commands and allow you to buy spells and abilities from D&D. That's all...oh and remember to start your tutorial and open your starter package afterwards. Goodbye.”

 

Albert sat up in his bed as all his old memories flooded his mind. The last thing he remembered was signing his name in Ayana’s book then waking up in his bed. Trying to remember his new life as a kid he remembered his father’s name was Alexander and his mother was a beautiful elven woman named Luna. His grandpa was named Lloyd. He was always trying to make his grandkids laugh at him. Grandma Tala always says he uses us to get away from his work as one of the lords that help govern the city.

 

Suddenly remembering that his 5th birthday was today he had to go to the temple to check if he had any blessings from the Gods. Sighing to himself about the trouble will probably happen later today so he decided to worry about it later and start the tutorial so he can get his starter package.

 

As soon as he thought to start the tutorial he heard the mechanical voice in his head again.

 

*Starting Tutorial*

 

The system is bound to your soul and can only be removed from you by the God or Goddess the system is from. This system has only five tabs that you have access to at the moment being Attributes, Abilities, Spells, Shop, and Quest.

 

Attribute shows your Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. Strength is the measure of how heavy of an object you can lift or how hard you can swing your weapon. Dexterity shows how fast you can run, your skill in using your hands in everything from lock-picking to the skill at which you can handle your weapon. Constitution is everything from how healthy you are to resisting poisons and holding your breath. Intelligence is not necessarily how smart you are but focuses more on your memory and problem solving. Wisdom is closely linked to intelligence for some and entirely separate for others. It mostly focuses on your insight into other people and objects and your perception into your surroundings. And finally your Charisma is your presence and your ability to make others do your follow you with voice alone or negotiating skills.

 

Onto Abilities these can be bought from the shop or trained; the abilities include all skills from stealth to class abilities like rage from Barbarians or luck from Rogues. It is recommended to always try training an ability when you can instead of buying them.

 

Spells come in many shapes and forms from scrolls to tomes or just having the innate ability to use the spell you buy. Buying a scroll is always the cheapest of the three giving you a one time chance to learn the spell or to use the scroll on your enemies or friends. The spell tomes cost more but you will only lose the tome if it is destroyed by outside forces. The tomes can also be given to other people to learn the spell. Lastly you can buy innate spells. These spells when bought will feel like they have been with you all your life and innately know how to cast them requiring no learning from tomes or scroll.

 

The Shop is where you can buy Abilities, Spells, and Equipment. All Items in the shop are bought with experience from killing monsters, beasts, and people. The shop is also where you can buy other races' innate skills or abilities for a high price and when bought will bring the user great pain from having other races' skill forcibly integrated into your elven body.

 

And lastly the Quest tab is used mainly by either Ayana, her servants in her domain or other divine beings. Quest will give you rewards ranging on the difficulty of the task completed. Most quests will be optional to the user. And should you start heading down the dark path in your life you will stop receiving quest from the divines and instead receive quest from the evil gods and devils. However Beware that quest received from the evil gods will come with punishments should you accept them and not complete your quest.

 

*Tutorial over*

 

[Quest Complete] - Finish listening to tutorial

 

[Reward] - Starter package

 

Natural Explorer: Forest, Animal Handler, and Innate Spell Speak to Animals

 

After opening the starter package Albert looked at the abilities and spell thinking they were perfect for living in the druidic city and the beast partner he would get in a few months. Wanting to know more about his abilities and spell he opened his ability tab on the system.

 

[Abilities]

 

[Natural Explorer] Forest- Can move through rough terrain easier, difficult to become lost in a forest except by magical means, always remain alert to surroundings while in forested areas, stealth higher in forest, better foraging in a forest, easier to discover tracks in forest.

 

Animal Handler - Have a higher chance of teaching animals or getting the animal to do what you want.

 

[Spells]

 

Speak to Animals - After casting the spell you gain the ability to communicate with beasts for up to 10 minutes. 

 

Looking at the things he got from the starter package Albert thought they would help a lot considering he lives in a forest. And the spell will help him when he gets his own beast partner. Staring out my window I see quite a few people walking with staffs or bows and a small number of people with melee weapons. The only thing they all have in common is an animal either waking by their side or on their body. Some animals were as small as songbirds or as big as bears. I was excited about getting my animal next week.

 

I remembered that a week after your 5th birthday your parents are supposed to help you find a beast partner. I’m hoping to get something cool like a wolf or big cat. A few minutes passed and I heard some scratching on my door. I guess mom sent Yuki to get me out of bed again. Opening my door I see a small arctic fox sitting on the ground in front of me. I pick up Yuki and start walking to the living room.

 

In the living room I see my mother reading a book while my dad is just outside the door leading outside brushing his grizzly bear Ursa. Ursa mostly stays in the backyard since she is so big. As soon as I came in my mother looked at me and told me to go eat breakfast then we would get ready for going to the temple.

 

After eating some fruits left on the table I went to bathe in a wooden tub and finally got to see my new face. I have silky black hair and pale green eyes. My face is slender but I still have a bit of baby fat on my face. Enough of that I better hurry before mother sends Yuki again.

 

Getting out of the tub and getting dressed I just opened the door when Yuki was about to scratch it. Carrying Yuki into the living room again mother looked at me and sighed before brushing my hair since I forgot about it. As soon as she was done we went outside where father was waiting with Ursa.

 

Once outside I was placed on top of Ursa while carrying Yuki in my arms. We slowly made our way to the temple while a few people would tell me happy birthday in passing. The outside of the temple was made to look like an overgrown building wrapped in vines and flowers on the walls and trees and bushes with beautiful flowers all over. Many people were gathered in small groups while talking to the priests and clerics. Every so often the cleric's hands would shine a golden or light green color when healing someone.

 

Getting off of Ursa and setting Yuki down outside next to some trees we went inside to look for the priest that father knows. Spotting him already talking to another family we waited until he was done. As soon as he was done father brought us over to talk to him.

 

“Hey Lloyd it's Albert’s fifth birthday so he needs to be checked for a blessing from any of the gods.” Lloyd smiles and looks at me then motions for us to follow him to a separate room. Inside the room are quite a few statues or just symbols with the names of the gods under them. The older or more popular gods all have statues while some gods just have a small symbol. Looking over I see one that looks just like Ayana holding a book in her hand with a staff in the other. Closing the door Lloyd speaks for the first time.

 

“To check if you have a blessing you just need to say a prayer to each in front of each statue. Should you get a blessing you will feel a warm spot on your chest and that god’s symbol will appear there. If you do not have a blessing you can still pick which god you would like to worship and we will give you a necklace with their symbol for a small price. Now Young Albert go pray while I wait outside with your parents.”

 

Watching them leave I slowly walked to Ayana’s statue and prayed to her. “Hey lazy Goddess it Orion again thank you for reincarnating me into Teran’Va. I’m supposed to be praying to check if I have a blessing so can you give me a blessing?” Shortly afterwards he heard Ayana’s voice in his head.”Only if you promise to never call me childish again.” He could almost picture the short goddess before he smiled and promised her.

 

After his promise he heard a ding from the system and felt a warm sensation on his chest as a small open book with a crown above it and a staff below appeared on his chest. Looking at the symbol on his chest it was golden in color. After fixing his shirt he checked his system to find out what that ding was for.

 

[New Quest from Goddess Ayana] - Help make a new country

 

1- Clear wilderness from monsters

2- Help make a city in clearing

3- Establish borders

4- Ensure country survives until Valen’s explorers arrived at Teran’Va

 

Reward - 10 million exp, a spark of Divinity

 

Penalty - Be known as childish by Ayana’s followers

0