Chapter 02 – A black encounter.
202 12 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After waiting for what felt like an hour my suspictions were kinda confirmed... They abandoned us... I stood up, and went to the entrance of the cave while motioning to my little sister, who is also my first party member. She started following still a little down... I nudge her head with my wing and we started to move out.

The way out of the cave was kinda boring, nothing happened, nothing was stored on the way. Maybe this was a temporary nest where we were supposed to prove that we are alphas or something. Still something feels off... why let us live... if she wanted to abandon us... maybe this is supposed to be a trial were we have to find her or something. 

Screw that I need to kill and eat monsters to gain some levels and evolutions... I also need to prove that I can become the Ruler of the Dragons to whoever is watching and judging me...

We finally make it outside the cave and are near the base of a gigantic mountain. I can see it go past the clouds, maybe mom is over there and her supposed trial is to climb this mountain... or I can just go down the mountain and into that forest who I think should have some monsters to hunt. That forest is huge it is not so dense near our mountain, but further inside there is only green. There is a gigantic tree in what I think it is the middle of the forest. It also go past the clouds... maybe we dragons aren't that big after all...

I look at my sister to see if she has made her mind and she just tilted her head to the side... maybe the White Dragons aren't the smartest cookies in the jar. I pointed towards the forest and then to the clouds and she closed her eyes after looking at both. After about a minute or two she pointed to the forest and lower her head, a bit of sadness on her eyes... I think she understood that Mom was up there but also understand that we may not make the trip to the clouds since neither of us can't fly.

After a little while we reached the base of the mountain. Focusing a bit on the distance I could see a black dragon carrying two smaller dragons on her claws, I'm assuming that it was their mother and that something similar to what happened to us was happening right there...

I decided that it was a good chance to head hunt for some more team mates. I started walking in that direction and also noticed how my sister was a bit afraid of that big black dragon but still followed along with my whims, we have to do something about that attitude of her, though she is cute like that so maybe the shyness will dissapear after she grows up a little.

After walking in the forest for a while, moving around the giant mountain takes a while, I decided to rest close to the front of their cave, if there is a dragon offspring that was abandoned by their mom they'll probably choose to come here or try their luck climbing the giant mountain. My sister got bored of waiting and fell asleep while sun bathing, gotta admit that the sun feels nice.

It was mid day and the sun was right above us, I was starting to get hungry and my sister is still sleeping on her back with her four legs curled on top of her ocasionally kicking up and her small wings are tucked underneath her. I heard a stick break and move towards the sound only to see a black dragon with bright red eyes looking at me. It was almost the same size as my sister, but more slender and bigger wings, I decided to focus on her and...

Lesser Black Dragon ♀️ Lv (04/15) - Rank F

For some reason she was covered in some wounds, minor scratches to be honest as she wasn't bleeding, maybe she fell down her cave after trying to climb the mountain. My sister woke up and saw our little visitor and froze a little, she slowly got up and they started a stare down. She was a bit wobbly and when we both stared at her she started trembling a bit. I put a hand on top of my sister who made a small jump before she stare at me abit flustered... That was funny... I walked towards the black dragon and offer her my claw. She closed her eyes and waited for something... I just took this chance to pat her head, she was a bit smaller than me so it was kinda easy she looked at me and I just rubbed her scales.

My sister came from behind me and started looking at the black dragon intently, I took this chance to also put my wing on top of her and they both looked at me.

Lesser Black Dragon ♀️ Lv (04/15) - Rank F has deemed you worthy of the tittle of Ruler

Got another dragon, luckily they are newborns and that pridefull yet, like my mom who screams elegance and pride with every action she do, really doubt they'll join me if they were older. Her eyes now have redish orange glow to them and she looks a lot cooler now. Now we need to hunt for prey and level up... hope the other monsters in this forest aren't as strong as whatever mom hunted. 

I moved towards the forest while I'm been flanked by two scared little dragons, and I spotted our first possible target. Near a big mushroom farm, was a boar, a big juicy pork... he is almost twice our height... wonder why I feel kinda uninterested on it, I decide to focus on it to see if I can find anything.

Green Mosshide Boar ♂️ Lv (08/10) - Rank G

It still hasn't spotted us and I lower myself on the ground and looked back to see both of my two companion close to the ground while tilting their heads in unison. I just pointed at the boar and both dragons looked at it and started drooling a bit. With a more focused look on their eyes they both turn my way and I turned to the boar and move close to the ground and slowly toward our, hopefully next meal. 

We pouced at it and I managed to grabbed the tusk with my claws before it started trashing around, we are mostly of equal strength so far but I'm not alone my sisters are bitting the side of this beast and I have to focus since I don't want an early injury on any of us. I start pushing him to the side and I can see his gut spilling, good job girls. I managed to topple it and let the girls kill it while I grabbed his head, don't want a surprise attack before he die.

I knew he will not give me much experience since his rank is so much lower than mine. For some reason there is some info on my head that is telling me that I need stronger foes to level up, maybe that is why I wasn't that interested on the boar, but I guess food is food and I'm a bit hungry.

Both of my sisters are eating and tearing into the meat and bones like animals... hope they fix that too. I decided to go for the rib cage again most of the juicy entrails are inside that area and the muscles aren't that strong... though maybe my jaws don't care.

After I ate my filling I left the rest for the girls to eat. The bear carcass that mom hunted for our first meal was juicier and was packed with a lot more flavor, maybe the rank was higher. I focused on the girls and they both gained a level.

Lesser White Dragon ♀️ Lv (05/15) - Rank F
Lesser Black Dragon ♀️ Lv (05/15) - Rank F

I didn't gain any levelsfrom this fight so the higher the rank the slower the speed or maybe if the monsters I killed were of higher rank that wouldn't matter that much... A lot of stuff to think about... also even when the boar was of higher level than me we were bassically the same strength so more testing is required.

It was almost night and we have just killed our 20th boar, although not as big nor strong as the first one, they were a lot more tender. I finally gained some levels and something nice happened.

Lesser Runed White Dragon ♀️ Lv (05/15) - Rank E - has gained enough experience to learn White Breath.
White Breath - a breath attack that consumes some of the user's mana to power a radiant beam of light that can cleanse an enemy out of existence. Deals moderate Light elemental damage in a line infront of the user.
Lesser White Dragon ♀️ Lv (15/15) - Rank F - has gained enough experience to evolve into a Lesser White Plasma Dragon - Rank E
Lesser Black Dragon ♀️ Lv (15/15) - Rank F - has gained enough experience to evolve into a Lesser Black Flare Dragon - Rank E

My two sisters are now glowing their respected colors and are both asleep so I have to be extra vigilant. Wonder if the choose their evolution or if they go for the highest ranked ones. 

After they both wake up we might want to go a little deeper into the forest to gain more levels and more evolutions. For some reason I don't feel that sleepy... kinda want to shoot something with my new skill. Wonder why my sister haven't gain anything yet... maybe because of their lower ranks? Now they have my rank, wonder if they will gain a skill at level level 5? Also when will I gain another skill

While thinking some future things I need to test out I see another boar dashing in our direction, what better way to test my new attack. I charged my White Breath and when he neared our resting spot I release it.... after, a bright light beam shooted out toward the boar and it desintegreated his head and most of his torso.... then a sound came, like a lasser been fired kind of sound and the still standing legs of the boar fell to the ground...

That... was... awesome!!! Can't wait for my sisters to see it, I need to come with a name for them... Also It feels like I can shoot it two more times before I run out of juice.

-----------------------

It was morning and the girls started waking, they look a bit more metalic than before. Blanc, my white dragon sister, is now a little bit bigger than both Blake, my black dragon sister, and me. I'm now the middle sister apparently, her wings are bigger too, followed by me then by Blake, though neither of us can fly yet, we might want to train our wings when we evolve. 

They also have a glowing crystal on them, Blanc has it on the top of her head and it is light blue like her eyes which now glow, while Blake has it on her back between her wings, it is bright red with a hint of orange the same as her eyes which now glow too. 

Lesser White Plasma Dragon ♀️Lv (01/15) - Rank E has evolved and named Blanc by their Ruler
Lesser Black Flare Dragon ♀️Lv (01/15) - Rank E has evolved and named Blake by their Ruler

Oh boy...

10