Hey there
700 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey there - Lost here.

it's been five months and my stories has long entered the dreaded automatic hiatus notice. I know that some people on Discord or Trello follow my progress. For the others, I just wanted to give a really short update.

Probably the best message is that my private plans worked out and I got the job I wanted, which is both a massive increase in job security and payment for me. Which in terms makes it also easier for me to make time for writing when I don't have to do stuff at the side.

The other good message is, that the rewrite of Volume 1 is finished. As said before, there weren't any massive changes to the overall story. Mostly just fixing stuff and adding descriptions with a few additional chapters/forshadowing. Nothing big really. It took relatively long both due to my job change and me writing another book in my mother tongue.

I spoke with a lot of writers who are far ahead of me and the most common advice I got was to stop forcing the series and take a short break before rewriting it. To focus on something else and let the brain work on it in the background. And it kinda worked, as a lot of those smaller pieces for V2/3 fell into place. I also used some time to update my writing environment and other stuff.

From now on, it'll be Volume 2 which will need a lot more updates. The overall storyline will be the same, but due to my on-off-writing back then, the overall theme and flow just vanished in between the updates. So there'll be more chapters that have to be rewritten in their entirety. I plan to restart publishing when I'm nearing the end of it, so we can rush through both volumes straight into the third one.

It'll still be some time, but I honestly start to see a small light at the end of this rather lonely rewrite.
I have a date/deadline in mind but I won't say anything for now. I don't want another rushed volume filled with unneeded problems :D

So, it'll still be some time. But right now I hope that it's rather "a few more weeks" than "a few more months" :D
Until then.

Lost

9