1. The Witch
600 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was but an ordinary person from Earth.

Perhaps, not as ordinary as I thought.

At one point, my consciousness pointed at this place, while my real body's still here as always.

Let's just call it the Magic Tower.

I felt that my life's getting stagnant, and I want to know the right things, so it'd get better.

I'm a lazy person, so I wanted the easiest way to solve my problems, to reach my goals, and to protect myself from anything miserable.

The interior seemed to change, depending on which issues I focused on.

There's also a strange feeling of warmth, in my real-life self. It's like I finally found a place to call home.

Yes.

After all, magic is the answer to everything.

==

As my consciousness entered the tower, bright, glimmering sunlight pervade my eyes. It was warm and soothing; it's like my entire body's enveloped in tenderness.

The sun shone through the tall trees and fell across the evergreen meadows.

I saw a deer.

It was grazing on the nearby lake, with the reflection of a red-painted villa beneath.

I walked across a wooden bridge, as the deer accompanied me, and knocked on the doors with its front paw.

An old witch with deep wrinkles stood behind the door. Its interior was quite dim, with its narrow corridor, right after the entrance. The house had three doors to the front, left and right, with no decorations.

Somehow, it reminded me of houses from Japanese anime.

"Done looking?"

She talked in a slow and hoarse way like a typical grandma, followed with a hearty chuckle.

"That is..."

"I know you're here for a reason. You're someone of my kind, a witch through-and-through.

"...but I'm not a girl."

"Take a better look at yourself."

I couldn't see my body from here nor felt anything.

...but the Witch said I was a little girl with crimson-red eyes and a waist-length hair. I also wore something like a pajama.

"Tell me, how old are you? You don't seem like a child to me."

"Around twenty-five."

At that point, I began to notice my own voice over there. It was deep and calm, like a kuudere from anime series.

"Welcome to the Coven."

That's all she said before she walked onto the center door.

A room filled with purple light and a large cauldron emitting golden light.

I saw my tiny arms, and I could see an opaque, violet projection, just like a shadow.

"What are you doing?"

The witch just stood there beside her cauldron. I didn't understand what happened.

Though for a moment, a white spotlight seems to fell on her, before it phased back into a dark purple.

"Ahh!"

I immediately covered my eyes when the light fell on me.

It caused some green things to hover within my blackness.

When I opened it, the old witch was right in front of me.

"Eek!"

She looked so scary up close, I jumped back until I nearly hit the skeleton in the corner.

"Watch out." the skeleton rattled, "I'm a delicate person."

For some reason, I found the skeleton as the most normal thing I've seen so far.

As such, I ignored the crazy giggling witch and asked him.

"Where can I get what I wished for?"

Blue goblin flames sprung from his eye-sockets.

"The power of youth," he said, before going back motionless.

"Easy there, my dear skelly often talks nonsense." the Witch waved his palms down, putting a bashful expression, "I'm going to teach you a spell. You seem pretty sick, with several annoying coughs, right?"

"Yes."

"The plague is a nasty one. Many people had fell victim to it." she grunted, "If possible, don't go to work for a few days."

"Yay."

"That's what I told you if you're a regular person with no magic experience nor aptitude."

"Damn."

"You can write down the words and recite it in your mind. No need to use the exact same word, just anything that made you comfortable is fine.

It's best to recite it when you're about to go to sleep, especially during a warm shower."

Mundis excusio, avernum corpus solelei.
Et pacem, cetera pacifis.
Si ovus sempra, septum avenici
Devide, datum, exortio.
Alahambra.

"What the hell was that? I couldn't remember anything."

"Oh, it already took effect. Your other self already wrote it down—yes, it is enough."

It's pretty odd.

Even if I translated it from Latin, I bet it'd be just gibberish.

...but my body felt so warm and comfortable.

The Witch truly cast her spell to make me healthier, didn't she?

"Once again, no need to memorize it. These are just random words on top of my head."

"You didn't say that before."

"Did I? This old woman has a quite poor memory," she rubbed her forehead, her wrinkles seem to wriggle with it.

The next moment, a staff appeared in his right hand and she thumped it.

"Alright then, young lass—if you had any spells you think of, be sure to consult it with me, or anyone else you came across!"

I found myself back on Earth, in front of my computer.

I didn't know or understand much what happened, but I knew, I was heading down the right direction.

9