Chapter 8 – Diary that Revealed
25 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two of them walked out of the room quickly. The immediate thing they did was to go back to her mansion where the murders took place.

Nanaha and Heinessen arrived in front of the gate. Unlike the day of the massacre, the electricity was working just fine. After the scanner outside identified them, they were allowed into the garden.

The two of them walked slowly and arrived at the door only for it to open. A lady with maid clothes was standing there. It was Luna. 

“Come in, you two”

When entering, Nanaha examined the hallway to notice that it was brimming with color and freshness. The police did the cleaning very well. Walking upstairs the first thought in Nanaha’s head was to go to her little brother’s room. Opening the door she was greeted with a room brightly lit by the sunlight from the outside. The bed was clean white. Unlike the horrific scenery she had encountered that day, the room had a refreshing scent.

“Where is he? Imano’s body?” asked Nanaha with a somber tone.

“Everyone's bodies were buried under this mansion. We didn’t transport the body outside. The council gave orders to conceal their death in order to avoid chaos. They wanted the number of people who were aware of their deaths to be low as possible” said Luna.

Nanaha sighed, went out of the room and closed the door.

“Nanaha, there is something I would like to show you. Follow me” said Luna.

Luna led her towards her father’s room. Heinessen still followed her.  Similar to his brother’s room it was neatly cleaned. The bed and the floor looked new and clean. But the imagery of the nightmarish scene still haunted Nanaha’s mind.

Luna slid the drawer open and pulled out a notebook from it.

“This is your father’s diary. I’m sorry, I kinda took a peek into it” said Luna with a rueful smile.

But Nanaha did not mind her comment, took the notebook and opened it.

“Page 112” said Luna and Nanaha flipped through the pages to find the exact page and read. 

“Today. It’s my daughter’s birthday. She has come after a successful operation. Stopped some criminal gang that was hiding underground. She got a bullet wound. But thankfully it was not fatal. The doctors could easily grow an organic tissue in her wound.

Even if my daughter was still healthy and eager to serve the peace and safety of my people I couldn’t help but think that ordering her to study at the police academy was a grave mistake. My girl is still like a child to me. Yet she endangers herself for the safety of others.

It was foolish of me to think lowly of her. My kindhearted girl has done much to make me proud. But I still shake off the thought that she’s too gullible for politics. Perhaps, it is the best this way. I would hate to see my poor girl troubled by the problems of this society. It would be best for me to talk to her about letting her abandon the duties of the special force and living a nice peaceful life”.

It was the last entry in the book. Nanaha’s eyes became teary as she finished reading. It was her father’s handwriting. There was no doubt about it.

“We also found this” said Luna.

She was holding an envelope in her hand. On the forefront of it was a symbol. It signified an eye surrounded by a circle that symbolized the waves of water. Under the symbol was a word:

“Let’s meet and greet - Maiteriya the witnesser invites you to his auditorium”. 

“What is this?” Nanaha asked.

“We found this from Raaja’s room. It’s the invitation to a secret meeting that your sister Raaja was going to attend to. The meeting is two days from now” said Luna.

Nanaha looked at the back of the envelope. The date and time as well as the location of the meeting were written there.

“The meeting, it’s held in the evening?”

“Yes, quite suspicious if you ask me” said Luna. 

Nanaha turned the envelope around looked at the symbol with an eye.
She gave the envelope to Luna back but she asked with a stern face. 

"We're allowed to investigate this meeting, are we?"

"Yes" said Luna. 

Nanaha couldn't hide her relief from her face. Even if she couldn't bring back the dead, there was at least something she could do to know more about the truth and understand her sister Raaja. 

Soon the sun started to set and the crimson rays bathed the kingdom in red. Nanaha was instructed to stay in the mansion. It was strange, even if the mansion was cleaned to a crisp she still couldn't shake off the images of the past. 

As Nanaha lied on her bed she heard a knock on the door. Running towards the door and opening it she encountered a familiar face. 

"Joshua!"
      
The silver-haired man smiled and waved his hand. 

"Mind if I come in?" 

Nanaha nodded and made way for him. Joshua looked around the room with awe. There were figures and dolls on the platform nailed to the wall. And below them was a bunch of fluffy toys gathered up on the corner of the room. 

"Wow, you collect these?" exclaimed Joshua. 

"Yeah, they're cute, aren't they. Every since I was a kid I used to collect them. They're so cute and comfy, how could I just throw them out. But then again I'm bad at throwing things out in general" said Nanaha bashfully. 

Indeed, Nanaha's room was spacious, yet even this space looked smaller due to her collection. Seeing how surprised Joshua was, Nanaha did not want to reveal all her movie and animation collections that were hidden in her gigantic toybox. 

"Hee, I'm actually kinda jealous. I couldn't even get my favorite video games when I was a child. I tried to pirate them but the cops were at my door. Honestly was freaked out when I was a child". 

"Really? They wouldn't even allow you to pirate stuff? I didn't know that" said Nanaha. 

"Well, back then it was like that. But now the laws are more lenient and loose when it comes to piracy. But they still keep track of what the people are doing and pirating online. It's super creepy when you're called out in real life for the things you did on social media" said Joshua.     

Indeed, Nanaha remembered that there was a time where her dad talked about how he had to loosen some of the laws that he had originally placed. 

"But that did revamp some of the dated laws, right? He always worked so hard" said Nanaha grimly.  

Joshua walked up to Nanaha who sitting on the bed and sat next to her. 

"Your father was a hard worker, no one is denying that." 

Nanaha threw her back onto the bed and sighed. 

"I wish he was less hard working. After all, if he hadn't been so adamant about writing the right laws and making sure everyone was safe, sister wouldn't".

Nanaha couldn't finish the words that came to her mouth. 

"Don't say that. Your sister is responsible for her own actions. Your father did his best" said Joshua and leaned on the bed next to her. 

"I just wish he spent more time with me and the family. I couldn't even have a talk with for the past few months before his death. If only I had known something like this would happen" said Nanaha with a shaky voice. 

Joshua turned around and wrapped his arms around her body and brought his face close to his. 

"I'm not a magician that can turn back time. But all I can assure you is that I'll do my best to make sure everything will be fine from now on" said Joshua with a smirk. 

Nanaha kissed him on his lips and looked into his caring eyes. 

"Please don't leave me, Joshua"

"I won't"      

1