Chapter 15- Brainwashing is Easy!
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That’s what they have always been doing. “The neighboring countries are responsible for your suffering because they have taken away our national wealth. So, sacrifice the present moment for world domination, socialism, communism.” They keep on hammering this idea into your head.    

Don’t think our rulers have a magical ability to brainwash you. Even if there are strong mages, none of them can do anything to your consciousness.  If you remain alert and aware, no propaganda, brainwashing or hypnosis will work on you. But if you’re unconscious and unaware then politicians will have no trouble brainwashing you.

And you’re still identified with your mind. Which is dangerous because the mind is nothing but conditioning. The mind is the past. The mind is everything but the real you.     

And brainwashing isn’t such a hard thing to do. They keep hammering one idea day in and day out into your mind. Even when you’re sleeping they’ll hammer it through the announcer. And your mind is just a tape recorder. It’ll write everything down and soon you’ll start thinking just the way they want you to think.         

An awakened person is not like that. They can easily observe their mind and see that it is conditioned. An awakened person will have the eyes to see that all this division and fighting is meaningless.

And all their energies have been transformed into love. Whatsoever they do will be out of love. Whereas whatsoever you do is out of fear. Perhaps, you have not noticed. That all your desires are fear oriented. You want to be rich because you’re afraid of poverty. You want to be someone because you’re afraid of being no one.

So take note.
 
When you are conscious whatsoever you do will be good.

When you are unconscious whatsoever you do will lead you astray.

Remember this well.”

Finishing his speech Maitreya closed his eyes. The auditorium became silent again. The four policemen looked at one another in dismay.

The four of them exited the building and walked back onto the streets.

“That was some speech. I have to say, it was interesting” said Joshua.

“Yeah, kinda.” said Nanaha softly. 

“Unfortunately, it was too good. We have to report this to the higher ups” said Luna.

“Do we have to? I mean, our purpose was to investigate and see If there was any criminalistic activity going on in there. But there weren’t. So, we could just say that they’re innocent” said Heinessen with a smile.

“Are you serious? That man was plotting a rebellion against the Empire. Not to mention all this activity is shady as hell. Wearing masks and gathering at night” mumbled Luna.

“Yeah, but I don’t blame em. You obviously would get constantly censored and might even get jailed if you keep on preaching on any social platform about stuff like this. So, it’s even fair to say that the state itself caused something like a secret meeting to happen” said Heinessen. 

“That’s my point. It is illegal to rebel against the state and have secret meetings like this” said Luna.

“It may be illegal. But I don’t think it’s wrong.” said Heinessen.

“What are you implying?” said Luna as she looked at the old instructor with disgust. 
   
Heinessen grinned and scratched his head. Joshua also eyed Heinessen scoldingly and spoke:

“If we hide secrets from the Inspector Kojima we’ll be in serious trouble. I hope you realize that mister Heinessen” said Joshua.

“Hey, if we all agree to keep this as a little secret between ourselves the inspector won’t know anything and no one will get in trouble. Of course, if you guys trust one another that is” said Heinessen.

The four of them looked at one another grimly.

“I don’t like hiding the truth from our fellow men” said Luna.

“And I don’t like it when innocent people get jailed just because they were ballsy enough to have a political opinion” said Heinessen.

Nanaha pursed her lips and spoke:

“I guess, Maitreya really did have a point, didn’t he.”

“What do you mean?” asked Joshua.

“Us arguing about this topic simply proves how oppressive this kingdom is.” said Nanaha with a grumpy look.

“Hey, compared to SaintTerra our country is the land of the free” said Joshua happily.             
But Nanaha’s expression was not lightened. She only stared at the stone paved road depressingly.

“Look, let’s just say there were a bunch of people who were listening to an old man’s lecture on various aspects and topic regarding life. Technically not a lie, and it won’t hurt the people who gathered there too” said Heinessen with a bright smile.

Luna and sighed and said “Whatever. But if the Inspector starts asking specific questions from every one of us, I can’t promise I’ll hide the truth”.

With their little argument over they headed back to the mansion.

0