Ch 4 Journey
54 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ Alice hurry up!” screeched Mora.

“ A lady needs to take time to get ready!” shouted Alice.

Alice was currently in the hotel bathroom getting ready, she had been there for only 10 minutes. Mora doesn't understand the need for brushing your teeth or taking a shower. He is reminded of the weakness of humans needing to do boring hygienic things every day.

“ Besides, Mora I think you need to at least take a proper shower!” demanded Alice.

“ I stink?” wondered Mora.

“ Yes you do, even if you activate true invisibility to hide it, your stench lingers around,” explained Alice.

“ But the blood has already been washed off me,” complained Mora.

“ Yes, but you need to wash it properly and with soap at least,” replied Alice.

“ Fine,” said Mora.

“ Why don’t I help you wash your scales?” asked Alice.

“ No,” ordered Mora.

After Alice was done cleaning herself up, Mora got into the shower and washed properly with soap. Instead of just rinsing water off him. It wouldn’t be good if Mora stank, otherwise it would make people and monsters look down on him. After cleaning himself properly with his 4 arms, he dried himself off the hotel towels.

Mora looked at his towels and then created a gun-towel. Now he no longer needs to worry about bringing a towel everywhere he goes, when he needs to dry himself. It can be used to dry himself off from the blood of his victims. Another genius idea by Mora once again, he hums happily.

“ Mora. You took 2 hours in there,” jeered Alice.

“ I had to practice making gun-towels,” explained Mora. “ Now let’s go.”

“ Unfair! Why do you get such good skills,” whined Alice.

“ Shut up human,” ordered Mora.

“ Alright I get it, let’s go,” beamed Alice.

Mora ignored his human pet. Together they left the hotel and went into the local computer cafe. There were many komodo going in and out of that place, along with some humans. They paid for a private room with a computer in it. Mora’s eyes beamed at the computer, his saving grace the glorious internet! He was able to learn everything needed to survive in this world and all of his gun abilities that he acquired.

“ Why are you so happy reading boring articles on the internet,” wondered Alice.

“ Shut up human and let me focus,” ordered Mora again.

“ Show me your other gun-creations!” pestered Alice.

This time Mora completely ignored her, he doesn’t like repeating the same thing twice. Mora was currently looking up information on how to get to Hanvern the capital city of Nufria as fast as possible. The fastest way was either flying there or using the underground train. Unfortunately, this small town doesn’t have an underground train station.

After digesting the necessary information, they left the computer cafe. Or at least Mora wanted too.

“ Alice why did you order so much food in our private room!” questioned Mora.

“ Ehh… you were taking so long,” nagged Alice. “I got hungry and we haven't had breakfast yet.”

“ Take what you can, we are leaving for the town of HartBury now,” demanded Mora.

“ You know, you should eat too,” argued Alice.

“..... fine,” sighed Mora.

Mora had already become used to not having food for long periods. However, now that he was free. Perhaps Mora can take his time enjoying food again.

“ Human food and monster food are pretty good.” praised Mora.

“ Yay, let’s eat good food from now on!” giggled Alice.

“ No. This is the last time.” dictated Mora.

“ Yeah right, we will certainly take out time to enjoy the exotic cuisine with our stolen money!” bubbled Alice.

After they finished their meal. They left to look for the komodo taxi. A taxi where you ride a komodo dragon through the forest. Upon getting there, they have denied service to Mora for being too big and heavy. Despite the rejection, Mora wasn’t fazed at all.

“ It’s alright Mora,” comforts Alice.

“ Stop acting so friendly!” shouts Mora.

“ There, there, you’re a good snake,” pets Alice.

“ It’s time to run to the closest town HartBury,” ordered Mora.

Mora found it annoying having to deal with Alice.

Without listening to Alice’s pointless chatter. Mora dragged her on top of his scales and slithered through the forest. He activated true invisibility. It made it look like Alice was riding an invisible monster. The spectators were surprised and moved out of the way when they saw Alice coming.

Alice clung on tight to Mora, afraid that she would fall off. She never knew Mora can slither this fast, he never did when they walked to this small town in the first place. If he could have moved this fast while dodging every tree. There was no way for Alice to ever catch up on foot.

Mora never showed her his speed when they first got into town, because he wasn’t too sure about keeping Alice as a slave. Now that she has proven herself, Mora feels a little bit more comfortable to show her some of his abilities.

They stepped in some poisonous plants, and miraculously Mora can cure any poison. One day he was busy studying on the internet on how to make poisonous bullets, and also antidote bullets as well. Mora felt proud of himself for spending 1-year straight studying in the old man’s attic.

Unfortunately, the poison affected Alice much more. So she had to bitterly accept being shot at with antidotes bullets. Mora enjoyed shooting her with those bullets every time she got poisoned. Alice kept complaining but Mora wanted to take the shortest route possible.

“ Mora do you have to keep shooting me with these bullets!” whined Alice.

“ Actually I don’t,” explained Mora. “I can just give you the antidote directly by letting you drink the liquid part of the bullets. But shooting you is more fun.”

After several hours of non-stop slithering through the forest.

They finally made it to the town of Hartbury. It was much bigger than the tiny town and it had an underground train station that connects to the capital Hanvern.

Mora threw Alice off his back. She lands on the ground with her bum hitting the ground.

“ Hey! That is no way to treat a lady,” protested Alice.

“ Shut up Alice, now do your job,” ordered Mora. “ Seduce another dumb human male, I’m hungry from all this running.”

“ Alright, I will get another idiot for you,” affirmed Alice.

Inside this large town HartBury, there were many buildings 3-5 stories high. All the buildings had bigger doors and windows than the average human houses. So they can accommodate the relatively large size of the komodo land dragons. They are also made of higher quality material, like steel and cement. The town gives an impression of a well-civilized town, instead of the backwater rural town. Roads were asphalt and the streets were cleaned.

The skies were dark. Komodos were everywhere in this town. There were barely any other humans. Several other monsters were here too.

Mora activated true invisibility, only Alice was visible to the public. She found a tavern for humans. She entered while Mora waited. Then she came out with a drunk man putting his arm around Alice. They walk a fair distance away from the tavern full of humans, and into a secluded alley.

“ Oh, beautiful! Let’s do it here!” cheered the drunk man.

“Sure,” grinned Alice.

She pushed him out of her arms and ran away. The drunk man chases after her only to be knocked back onto the ground.

“ Huh, the wind is sure to be strong today.” said the drunk man.

Pow. (silent)

An invisible silent paralyzing bullet penetrated his arm. He lost control of his body but he can still feel pain. This time Mora didn’t bother with torture, just opting to eat him head-first toes-last. He also looted all his money, and items.

“ So no torture session this time?” asked Alice.

“ I don’t have time for that, I already had my fun with 2 humans,” said Mora.

Walking together along the road, they reached the entrance to the underground station. There were security checks to get inside. They hide around the block to avoid being seen from the other monsters. It was also very late at night.

“ Hey Mora, I think you should show yourself, and just act like a normal monster here.”

“ No, I’m going to sneak us into the train. They do not allow humans in the capital.”

“ Okay so, how are you going to do that?” asked Alice. “And won’t they let you in though?”

“ No, I’m a verd, an enslaved monster species too. Even though I’m a monster, they aren’t going to let me use the train to the capital.”

“ What really?” wondered Alice.

“ Yes,” replied Mora. “They only let other monsters as strong as them in the trains. Verds are known to be weak,”

“ Huh, I never knew,” suggested Alice. “Umm, can we take a break in a hotel here and try tomorrow,”

“ Why are you so lazy?” chastised Mora.

“ And why do you keep working?” argued Alice.

“ I already told you my goal, Alice.”

“ So? Maybe you should at least enjoy the journey,” whined Alice.

Mora completely ignores Alice again. He expanded his true invisibility to include Alice as well.

“ Holy hell! I can’t even see or feel myself,” burst Alice.

It didn’t matter if Alice shouted, Mora’s true invisibility hides sound too. Mora took Alice on his back once more. They rushed through the security check by passing through. Yes, they can pass through things like a ghost.

“ Wow, this is so cool, Mora!”

“ Shut up Alice. How many times do I have to tell you this,” warned Mora.

“ Pshh, don’t worry, they can’t even hear us anyways,” observed Alice.

Ghosting through the security, they made it to the train platform. Unfortunately, the next train to the capital won’t be here for another 5 hours.

“ We have 5 hours to relax around town,” said Alice.

“ Another roadblock to my goal of killing all humans?'' sighed Mora. “ Fine, we will rest in a hotel again.”

“ Why do you even want to go to the capital anyway?” inquired Alice.

“ You don’t need to know,” said Mora.

They ghosted their way back out of the train station. Soon enough, when they reach a safer location, Mora undid the invisibility on Alice. They make their way to a monster hotel. There were a bunch of random monsters here. All eyes were on Alice as they were wondering what is a human even doing here. Although none of them confronted Alice in fear that she might be some important human.

The monster clerk at the front desk was sweating bullets when dealing with Alice. Somehow Alice is giving off an aura of oppression to all the other monsters here. In reality, it was Mora practicing his intimidating aura ability. He was flexing his 4 guns at the various monsters. All of them unaware that they could die with just an accidental trigger from one of his guns. There wasn’t much to worry because Mora had high gun trigger discipline. Also, he wouldn’t shoot any monsters either.

“ Here are the cards to room 501,” said the clerk.

“ Thanks!” replied Alice.

“ Um… if you don’t mind me asking, why is a human checking into a monster hotel?”

Alice was trying to get Mora to reveal himself, but he didn’t give in. It looked like Alice was talking and interacting with an imaginary friend. The other monsters look away. Mora and Alice eventually left the hotel lobby, ignored the clerk’s question, and headed to their room.

“ Why do you have to hide?” wondered Alice.

“ I prefer staying in the shadows, just keep doing what I’m ordering you to do,” said Mora.

Mora ignored the pestering Alice and went to sleep for exactly 5 hours before the train came. Alice too went to sleep after another long day of riding on a rampaging snake.

Waking up exactly in time for the next train, Mora grabbed onto the sleeping Alice onto his back and activated true invisibility. He ghosted out of the hotel and slithers toward the train station. Mora passed through the security check with ease and boarded the train. Alice was still asleep. Exploring the train as Mora got bored. There were many komodos here, and a few other powerful types of monsters yet none of them noticed him or Alice.

It wasn’t until 3 hours into the train ride that Alice finally woke up.

“ Why didn’t you wake me up,” yawned Alice.

“ I prefer if you would shut up sometimes,” complained Mora. “ You’re a very useful human slave, yet you don’t know how to stop talking.”

“ Well how else am I supposed to learn more about my new Master?” asked Alice.

“ You don’t ask any questions, just do what you need to do,” ordered Mora.

“ That’s boring,” replied Alice. “ If you don’t tell me anything, I’m not going to be motivated to work hard for you.”

“ Fine, I will tell you everything if you want to know,” responded Mora.

“ Yay!” beamed Alice.

The train ride to Hanvern was going to take 6 days underground. It’s pretty far away after all. So Mora thought that by telling Alice everything about himself, maybe she would become a much more useful slave. Hopefully, she doesn’t become even more annoying than before.

3