Ch 5 The Box
53 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first day on the train ride. The train itself was quite spacious to accommodate the large monsters. It was 5 meters wide. There were many different compartments. Many of them were the standard compartment with 2 chairs on each side. Some had only 1 chair on each side to further accommodate the bigger physique of monsters. Then there were the private VIP compartments for the much wealthier monsters to ride in.

Mora and Alice were still invisible and currently in an empty VIP compartment. It was very big, 4 meters wide, and 8 meters in length. Two big and comfortable couches on opposite ends. In the middle, there was a table with 4 luxurious chairs on both sides. There were no windows either. The door was locked so nobody could intrude upon them. After Mora finished telling his story to Alice.

“ Mora come here you big snake,” hugged Alice.

“ Get off me!” screamed Mora.

Alice clung tightly onto Mora. Even with 4 arms, Mora couldn’t keep up with Alice’s ferocity. For the first time in his life, a human has acknowledged him as a reincarnated human. A new sense of hope burned inside Mora. A new thought that not all humans are evil. Mora felt himself changing through his interactions with Alice.

“ I think you should learn more about this world,” suggested Alice. “Know that not all humans are as evil as you think they are. Some humans do respect the rights of monsters. Including me as of now.”

“ ...I want to kill all humans, you won’t change my mind,” objected Mora.

“ I’m sure you will only kill those evil or corrupt humans at least,” reasoned Alice.

“ …Fine, I will start with them,” admitted Mora. “If the remaining humans will treat monsters with respect. Then I can live with that,”

“ Yay!” beamed Alice.

Mora was planning to stay invisible and not eat anything for the remaining 6 days but Alice was soon complaining.

“ Mora, we should order some food,” suggested Alice.

“ Are you stupid?” cautioned Mora. “We are freeloading off this train, we can’t risk being caught.”

“ So are you going to let me starve to death for 6 days!?” ranted Alice.

“ Fine, I will steal some food for you,” replied Mora. “ Humans are so frail needing food.”

“ Thanks and hey!” said Alice.

Mora flung Alice onto his back again. Together they made their way down the compartments until reaching the kitchen area. Various monster chefs were busy cooking up meals for the monster riders. There wasn’t any good opportunity to steal some food from the fridge without a chef walking in on them. But since they were invisible, Mora can make other things that he is touching invisible too. So it was going to be an easy steal.

They walked inside the fridge, and Mora swiped a bunch of meats, and vegetables for Alice and himself. It wasn’t enough stolen food to alert the chefs that someone is stealing. Opening up a box, Mora saw something horrendous. A frozen chopped up dead verd like himself. He only knows it’s a verd because Mora is very aware of his body structure. Mora shuddered.

“ What’s wrong Mora?” asked Alice.

“ It’s nothing.”

“Something is wrong if you’re shuddering,” prodded Alice.

“ This box contains a dead verd in it,” said Mora.

“ What! Monsters eat other monsters too?” exclaimed Alice

“ It’ can’t be…” doubted Mora.

He was beginning to have doubts about the monsters. Why would they betray their kind and why are they transporting this dead verd? A new rage grew inside Mora, the hatred for other monsters.

Mora quickly closed the box, and he used his 4 arms to carry off the food while Alice rode on his back carrying food too. They soon retreated to their private VIP compartment. Together they cooked up the food using Mora’s gun-fire. A gun that is on fire and invisible. Even though everything is invisible. They can still somewhat see themselves and other invisible things. Alice didn’t ask any more about the dead verd and changed the gloomy topic.

“ Wow, your gun-creation can make a fire too,” professed Alice. “ So convenient.”

“ Yeah, my gun-creation can create almost any kind of gun and any type of bullets,” boasted Mora.

“ Hey, why don’t I tell you about myself?” said Alice.

“ Go ahead,” affirmed Mora.

Alice told Mora everything about her life. Her great-grandfather was a reincarnated human. Alice was a human born in this world, and that she wanted to become a great adventurer like her great-grandfather. She specializes in using cannons as her main offensive weapon. After graduating high school, she soon took a job as a border patrol to earn some more money to buy proper adventurer gear. The cannon she was using was from her employer. Things were going great until Mora showed up and tormented her and her partner.

“ So did I ruin your life Alice?” asked Mora.

“ Yeah, but I’m having fun again,” smiled Alice. “ I always wanted to go on an adventure like this. Although we are pretty much criminals. I hope that I can help you change your mind about things.”

“ If the monsters did betray the verds, I will seriously consider looking past my discrimination. I will build a new world of peace between the monsters and humans. All evil humans and monsters have to die before me.” stated Mora.

They continued chatting together on the train. Mora and Alice were bonding together with Mora starting to change his values. Eventually, they came to another underground train station. This time 4 humans had entered into their VIP compartment. They did notice the room being used but they aren’t aware that an invisible snake and girl were still in this room.

“ Why haven’t they cleaned up this VIP room yet!” yelled a man. He was tall and skinny. Black hair, and had a heavy silver crossbow on his back. He wore full-plated silver armor with silver boots. A crossbow-man.“ We are paying big money for this too!”

“ Relax Davito,” said another man. He was much shorter than Davito. His purple hat like a ninja and his mask concealed most of his head. He wore a purple robe and had staff with a purple gem at the end. He was a poison wizard. “ At least they are transporting our dead verd for us.”

“ Yes our master will be pleased to experience rare monster meat,” grinned an older man. He has gray hair and a short gray beard. He had several daggers hung around his belt. He is a dagger throwing rogue. Also the leader of the group.

“ I wonder if we can get away with murdering all the monsters on this train,” wondered the last man. He had red flaming hair and wore a red fancy suit. He has an incredible power of telekinesis. An esper.

“ You better not cause any trouble here, Mello,” chastised the rogue. “ The master would be pissed at us.”

“ Relax old man, I’m much stronger than these monsters here,” refuted Mello.

“ That’s not the point!” lectured the rogue.

Finally answers that Mora wanted. The reason why there was a dead verd. So these humans have bought a dead verd and are now shipping it to their master to enjoy this meal? They were planning on getting off in the city of TangleWood. A city that is 2 days away from the capital of Hanvern.

“ Alice, we are going to take a detour after all,” decided Mora.

“ Yay, let’s enjoy the adventure in TangleWood!” cheered Alice.

The redhead esper went out of their VIP room with Mora and Alice following behind him. Mora wanted to shoot the red-head esper dead. However, every time the esper was about to kill a monster, he stopped. The trigger discipline on Mora was on another level in protecting his fellow monsters and he didn’t want to cause a panic in the train.

When the train finally arrived at the underground train station of TangleWood. Alice rode on the invisible snake as they stalked their new prey. The 4 men being so unaware that they are being followed. Normally it would be the rogue’s responsibility to make sure nobody is following them. Although dagger-rogue has a pretty sharp sense in detecting stalkers. Mora’s true invisibility is undetectable.

The 4 men loaded the dead verd box onto a cart and were taking the elevator up to the surface. Inside the elevator, the 4 men were bickering against one another.

“ Hey look inside the box to make sure it is still there,” ordered the rogue.

The esper used his telekinesis to open the box, and the verd corpse was still there.

“ Good, the master will be pleased with our latest finds. Kidnapping and killing this verd from another human owner,” smirked the rogue.

“ Why do these dumb humans talk about their crimes so openly,” asked Mora.

“ I guess they think they are above the law,” replied Alice. “ Show them justice Mora.”

On the elevator ride up. Mora dropped some invisible blood on Davito’s head.

“ Hey Mello!” roared Davito. “Stop messing around with me!”

“ Shut up Davito,” commanded Mello. “ I saved your life too many times, you owe me anyway.”

They keep bickering with each other. Mora kept on trying to see how far he can tease them before they become too suspicious. It seems like the 4 men hated each other too much to realize that someone else is messing with them.

The elevator door opened, and they cart off the box to a car waiting for them at the entrance of the station. Mora and Alice also boarded their car, their invisible ghostly body is just too strong of an ability. The 4 men are unaware that they are bringing in their Master’s killer directly into his mansion.

The city of Tanglewood is such an incredible metropolis. It was much bigger and modern than HartBury. There were many skyscrapers in this city. The thick forest surrounded the metropolis. Sky trains sprawl all over the city. Roads were filled with cars. Sidewalks were bustling. Komodos dominated the city, and many other types of monsters can be seen as well. Humans were rare here.

Alice adored the views of the city while they were in their car. But Mora didn’t care about sightseeing. He wanted to kill the human’s master that they seem to revere a lot.

Soon the car transporting them arrived at a fairly luxurious mansion. A human butler came out to greet them into the mansion. The 4 men having finished their mission, retreated into their room. Servants from the mansion carried off the dead verd box into the kitchen's gigantic freezer. Mora and Alice followed them, and they found even more dead monster corpses in this freezer. The rage and anguish within Mora grew to unimaginable heights. Alice was also sick of this monster discrimination.

The mansion was very luxurious. It had many rooms, all filled with expensive-looking furniture. Many expensive paintings of expensive cuisine hung on the walls. Mora was disgusted upon realizing that they were probably made from innocent monsters. They still haven’t found the master yet. They will likely have to wait until dinner time when the master will show up. He is most likely out in the city doing some business.

Mora was going to investigate more of this master’s crimes in the mansion. Alice wanted to get a camera so she can upload the videos about this atrocity. Mora agreed and together they left the mansion to steal a camera.

Slithering out of the mansion and towards an electronic store. Mora was still invisible but Alice wasn’t.

“ No more stealing Mora,” demanded Alice. “ Just let me buy a camera.”

“ With all the money we have stolen?” questioned Mora.

“ Well it’s still better than stealing,” declared Alice.

They went inside the electronic store to buy a camera. Mora was behind Alice to make sure she doesn’t get disturbed by anyone else.

Inside the store, there were many different types of electronics being sold. Computers, laptops, smartphones, headphones, T.V.s, speakers, etc. They all catered to the Komodo demographic. There weren’t many human-electronics. The camera that they had to buy was very expensive as it was the only one that Alice could use effectively. Mora regretted parting away so much money for the camera. In his mind, he wanted to steal it instead. Alice was cheerful receiving such an expensive awesome camera.

Alice rode on Mora back towards the mansion with true invisibility. They took pictures of the frozen monster corpse in the freezer and posted it on the internet. Hopefully, a monster news organization picks on up this story to condemn humans. It was most likely that monster discrimination would still exist in human nations. At least the monster nations would want to do justice for these monsters.

While waiting for the master to come back for dinner time, the chefs of the mansion prepared the special meal using the dead verd. Mora was extremely upset at that. He blames himself for this verd’s suffering. No monsters deserved to suffer like that he thought.

Alice was super bored waiting for something to happen, so Mora gave her some invisible cannons to play with. It worked. She was super happy to be able to practice with her dream cannons, the RXD-4000. Mora’s gun creation skill can create any gun so a powerful cannon wasn’t out of the question. Alice flashed jealousy at his gun-creation skills. If she had that ability, she wouldn’t need to save millions or even billions of dollars to get the best cannon in existence. She shot some invisible cannon shots onto the mansion interior, yet it did no damage because the explosion itself was also under the effects of true invisibility.

Mora let out a sigh, having discord the secret to make Alice stop talking so much. He also practiced his other gun-creation abilities while waiting.

Several hours later, it was dinner time. The 4 men from before gather at the dinner table. There were also 16 different other humans gathered as well. Most likely other human criminals serving this mansion’s master. The long-awaited master has finally shown up when he sat at the head of the table.

The master had blue long hair and wore a white silk robe. He was a reincarnated human. He could mind control any living thing as long as he was strong enough. Mora could probably be mind-controlled by him if he didn’t activate true invisibility to avoid it. He was a very special and important human. The humans have secretly given him the task to mind control the president of Nufria. They wanted to control Nufria, however, since the capital has banned humans from entering. It was a bit difficult.

However, all of that changes with this night’s feast. They have successfully infiltrated a route into the heavily guarded capital. Tomorrow night was going to be the greatest infiltration ever. They will become recorded down into history as humanity’s greatest heroes. They were the dark underground of the human forces, together they will finally see the results of their 7 years of hard work.

The master is also the leader of this plan. He also had a hobby of eating other monsters. Since he was the most important member of this plan. The ruling elites tolerated him eating monsters here even if there is a risk of being found out.

There was rambunctious laughter as they enjoyed the feast.

“ This verd meat is incredible!” exulted the master. “ You should get some more of this.”

“ Of course master! We will get even more verds for you,” said the rogue.

It disgusted Mora greatly to hear a human that enjoys eating snakes like himself. But he smiled in his dark heart. Revenge will come.

Mora and Alice were getting ready. 4 guns were in each of Mora's hands. Alice also held her cannon on the top of her shoulder. Mora warned her that once they start shooting, the true invisibility will wear off, with only basic invisibility still active. They were preparing to slaughter all the humans at the dinner table at the same time.

4