Ch 7 Legendary Scales
47 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the 2-day train ride to Havern. Mora was busy thinking of ways of getting in contact with the royal komodos. Since Nufria is preparing for war against the humans, contact with the royalty is virtually impossible. Also, Mora was an outsider, would they even teach him how to use the legendary scale defense ability?

Mora thought the best way would be to join the nufrian army as a mercenary. He doesn’t think he would die carelessly in the war as he can easily run away. But what if they think that Mora was the monster behind the mansion’s massacre? What if they sell him out to the humans hoping for peace again? It was going to be risky showing his abilities in the war, especially if they learn about his true-invisibility.

Another idea was to look for someone willing to help him. However, trying to find this monster is going to be difficult. The most dangerous idea was to use force and terror on nufrian royalty. Mora can probably kidnap the prince or princess and demand them to teach him the legendary scale ability. But Mora really didn’t want to use force or terror against his fellow monsters

In the end, Mora decided he would use his gun-creation skills to give weapons to the nufrian army if they promised him if he could learn the legendary scales ability. It was the safest way to learn it without dying in the war. Hopefully, they will agree to it.

The 200 millions of innocent komodo within the country of Nufira were probably all going to die. They are trying to seek refuge in the other monster countries but the borders were closed and heavily guarded. A senseless war that will wipe them all out. The human nations would probably lose millions of soldiers taking over Nufria. But as long as powerful reincarnated humans aid the human army, victory is imminent.

Deep in Mora’s heart, he felt remorseful. He promised them that when he became strong enough, he would kill all those humans back. Mora is beginning to not know if he can keep Alice’s promise of not killing any innocent humans anymore. The disgusting humans that were enjoying the monster meat re-ignited his hatred of all humans once more. He feared that it is a common thing in the human nations. If innocent humans do not stand up for monsters abuses, how can Mora expect to spare them?

Finally, the train stops at the final underground train station of Havern. The metropolis is sprawlingly huge. It’s was pretty similar to TangleWood but there were many more megastructures here. Only monsters were seen in the city with the majority being komodos.

Mora was still in true-invisibility, but he needed to make contact with their military properly. He hid in an alleyway to undo his true-invisibility. Visible once more, he made his way to the military headquarters.

The guards outside didn’t let him see their superiors until he conjured 200 guns for them. Inside, the military HQ, one of the general met with Mora.

“ Amazing, you can make create guns in thin air!” exclaimed General Kakodo. He is a 3-meter long komodo with a height of 1.5 meters walking on 4 legs. Despite being old, his brown scales are still sturdy and strong.

“ Show me your best gun, and I can make many copies of it,” offered Mora.

“ Yes, why please come this way,” exulted General Kakodo. “ If you can a million of these, we will be able to fend off the humans!”

General Kakodo led Mora into a secret weapons facility. In there, there was a gigantic nuclear cannon. It shoots out nuclear bombs at super high speed. However, it can only shoot 7 times before the cannon gets too damaged to use. The destructive power is immense, but there is only 1 working nuclear cannon at the moment. The army is scrambling to build more of these. If Mora can easily replicate this cannon, and the nuclear cannon projectile as well. Then, Nufria will win the war.

Mora was concentrating his hardest to replicate this nuclear cannon, but he couldn’t. It was far too big of a gun for Mora to create. The most he could do was create the nuclear cannon projectiles for them. It was extremely regrettable for Mora, he wanted to give Nufria the power to destroy the humans.

The face of General Kakodo was bittersweet. Mora felt his disappointment and hated himself for being so useless again.

“ You can just make us more nuclear cannon projectiles,” stated General Kakodo. “ Instead of shooting these nukes at the enemy, we can use them as a land mine. Hopefully, it will stop the humans from advancing further into Nufria.”

“ Yes sir!” replied Mora.

“ For your contributions to the war effort,” approved General Kakodo. “I will give you my recommendation to see the Nufrian King.”

“ Thank you General Kakodo,” bowed Mora.

And so Mora kept on making more nuclear cannon projectiles for the Nufrian army. It was difficult at first but as long as Mora thinks of them as giant bullets, he can make about 30 of these nukes a day. General Kakodo also arranged for Mora to be medically treated by the military doctors in which he felt extremely grateful for. They also gave Mora a new 4th prosthetic arm.

The humans had invaded Nufria, but with Mora’s help. The Nufrian army was able to halt the encroaching humans with their new nuclear land mines. Many lives close to the Nufrian-Human borders were lost. The full-scale human invasion was growing fiercer by the day. They still had air superiority over the nufrian army. If things don’t improve soon, the nufrian army will keep on losing more ground despite having nuclear landmines.

Things were going well for Mora. He had no risk of death and proved himself useful to Nufria. It’s only a matter of time before he is granted an audience with the King.

Although Mora couldn’t make the nuclear cannon, he can still help them create the gun-parts needed for it. Which greatly accelerated the production time of 2 months to 1 month.

4 days of creating 120 nuclear cannon landmines. The nufrian king wanted to see him. General Kakodo took Mora into his military transport vehicle alongside other generals. The nufrian castle was enormous and in the heart of the capital. There were so many luxurious furnishing in the castle as they were walking through.

They led Mora to the king chamber’s entrance. 2 nufrian guards greeted them. The door was at least 20 meters high and wide.

“ Remember Mora. Walk on all 4 of your arms,” said General Kakodo. “The king does not like seeing monsters with arms in the air.”

Mora got down low to the ground with his 4 arms and imitated how other komodo walks. The 2 guards pushed the door open. Inside, the nufrian king and queen sat on their throne. They were accompanied by many royal attendants, ministries, and servants.

They walked forward and prostrated before the nufrian king.

“ Welcome loyal subjects,” said the king. “ Raise your heads.”

The generals and Mora raised their heads to look at the king. Mora waited for the generals to give their military reports to the King. He seems to be in a good mood today. Then when it was finally Mora’s turn to speak.

“ Mora, you have contributed greatly to the war. What rewards would you like?” asked the nufrian king.

“ I would like to learn the legendary scales skill,” said Mora.

“ No. Only the king of Nufria is allowed to learn that skill,” rejected the nufrian king. “ It will never be taught to anyone else.”

“ But my nuclear landmines have stopped the humans from advancing further!” complained Mora.

He was also now standing up with his 4 arms in the air. It greatly infuriated the king.

“ How disrespectful!” roared the nufrian king. “But you did save many lives, so you only have 1 last chance. Ask for a different reward.”

Mora cursed himself for standing up and waving his 4 arms around. He knew it wasn’t going to be easy convincing the King. He got back to the ground with his 4 arms, prostrating deeply before the King. It had made the king’s mood gentler again.

“ If I go to the war-front and kill off the overpowered reincarnated humans and stop them from taking over Nufria. Will you teach it to me then?” implored Mora.

“ No, I will not. You are a greedy monster. If you could have done that, why didn’t you do that from the start!” demanded the Nufrian King.

“ Because I came from another monster nation,” lied Mora. “ I don’t want to risk dying for no reason either.”

“ I see… but you have proven very capable,” addressed the nufrian King. “ Generals! Seize this snake at once, and put a death collar on him! We will fully exploit his true abilities!”

“ No!” screamed out Mora. “ Don’t betray me!”

The nufrian king ignored Mora’s plight. General Kakodo who was once his friend turned on him. He and the other generals surrounded Mora, fully intent on capturing him.

How could his fellow monsters betray Mora? They must be desperate to prevent the destruction of Nufria. Mora couldn’t blame them, he would have done the same in their place. Now was the time to use force and terror against his fellow monsters. But Mora wanted to try one last attempt of diplomacy.

“ Please teach me legendary scale skill! If you do, I will kill all the humans in existence.”

“ Liar! You will just run back to your safe monster nation after stealing our legendary skill,” accused the nufrian King.

“ I won’t betray you!” shouted Mora.

Unfortunately, the King ignored Mora’s pleading. The generals had restrained Mora and were taking him away. Mora didn’t hold back against his fellow monsters anymore. If he had to resort to using force and terror to get what he needed, he will. He activated his true invisibility, making everyone in the king’s chamber panicking.

“ It’s an assassin!”
“ Protect the King!”
“ Kill the traitor!”

Mora wasn’t too sure if he can beat the king. He is also the strongest komodo in the entire kingdom. The king of nufria is chosen once every 50 years in their grand fighting tournament. He was the last tournament winner.

The nufrian king sat calmly in this throne directing orders to kill Mora. Mora slithered up to the king and activated true-invisibility on him as well. Everyone was now panicking even more.

In their true-invisible world, the nufrian king was still calmly accessing his situation before moving to attack Mora. He moved so fast that it did some serious damage to Mora before undoing true-invisibility on the king. If Mora was one second late, he would have died.

When the king returned, everyone was cheering in joy.

“ That snake has true-invisibility! Everyone stop panicking, he cannot hurt us in that form!” commanded the nufrian king.

Mora was frustrated that the king resorted to violence so fast, he was running out of patience for his monster fellow. It was time to show the nufrian king who is the true king here. Mora moved closer to the nufrian king again. 4 guns are created in his hands and shot poisonous bullets at point-blank range into the nufrian king. Mora has researched a poison that was can kill a komodo in 1 day. There is no way that the nufrian king would survive without his antidote bullets. Even if they did have an antidote, Mora can easily shoot even deadlier poison if they opposed him.

Mora momentarily stopped using true-invisibility to threaten the king.

“ I poisoned the Nufrian King! If he doesn’t teach me the legendary scale skill, he will die in 1 hour!” warned Mora.

“ I will not bow down to your Snake! Even if you kill me, I will never teach you!”

Mora then shot pain bullets into the nufrian king. Countless pain bullets were being shot into the king, and nobody can stop it. However, the nufrian king activated the legendary scales skill. The defense was super high, and it stopped all bullets from inflicting any damages on him. Torturing the nufrian king wasn’t going to work at all.

“ Are you stupid? You’re going to die without my antidote!” shouted Mora.

“ Stop fighting like a coward,” fumed the nufrian King. “ Your poison won’t kill me!”

Was it true that the poison bullets shot into the nufrian king earlier would not affect? Mora wasn’t sure, and he probably wasn’t lying. Mora bit his tongue, the king was so stubborn and perhaps no amount of threats can make him surrender to Mora’s demand. So Mora gave up, and shot antidote bullets into the nufrian king, only for him to deflect it off his scales. Mora than left the royal castle with his true-invisibility.

Ever since that incident, the security around the nufrian king has grown tight. Mora became a wanted monster by the nufrian government. He had to sneak around the city with his true invisibility. The only monster that even knows how to use the legendary scale was the nufrian king, and Mora blew it. Hatred and frustration boiled in Mora. Even though they are trying to hunt down Mora, he still had time to discreetly give them more nuclear landmines.

Then Mora had an even better idea. If it’s impossible to threaten the nufrian king. Then he just had to hurt those close to the nufrian king right?

Mora will now commence round 2 of his force and terror tactics.

3