Ch 9 Compassion
66 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mora took the underground train to the border town of Blueberry Wood. The town is known for growing 50% of the blueberries within Nufria. It was the town bordering the country of Brosal which is also the strongest monster country.

Over the last thousands of years or so, Nufria and all the other monster countries had stopped the humans from invading the monster continent.

Nufria was the gateway country into the monster continent. They suffered heavy losses over thousands of years of holding the humans back. Most of the other monsters' countries barely helped them, only doing so if Nufria would fall. They had silently reaped the rewards of prosperity while Nufria defended them for free. Bad tensions rose between Nufria and the rest of the monster world. Even though Brosal is the most powerful monster country and next to Nufria, they demanded heavy compensations for their involvement. Many businesses in Nufria were owned by the Brosalians. The Nufrians hated Brosalians and the monster continent. In retrospect, the monster countries also hated the nufrians too.

There had been peace for the last 40 years before the current invasion of Nufria. This time no monster countries want to help Nufria. They all blamed Nufria for letting humans die in their country. So they believed in the justification of the humans wanting to invade them. The reincarnated humans were extremely powerful, and they didn’t want to risk the human nations targeting them. They believed that after Nufria has been taken over, they will forge new peace ties with the human. If only things were that simple, the humans would most likely give them a false sense of peace for 10 or 20 years before invading more of the monster continent.

Since Nufria had chosen to go to war with the humans instead of surrendering. It was most likely that all the civilians would be enslaved after Nufria finally gets taken over. Some humans disagreed with invading or enslaving monsters but the majority supported it. Once Nufria falls into human hands, the human empires will encroach upon 3 new monster countries as their new neighbors, Brosal, SilverWing, and Gobi.

Now Mora is currently at the guarded border between Nufria and Brosal. There is a 100-meter wide road leading up to the 100-meter wide gate. Towers and imposing buildings connect to the sides of the gate. It was entirely controlled by Brosal. Along with the huge gate, there were simply no walls at all. It was simply all empty grassy plains that stretch the landscape. Nufria’s side was still all forests, while the Brosal side was entirely grassy plains.

In front of the gate, hordes of nufrian refugees were begging the Brosal officials to let them in but they were all being ignored. Rich nufrians tried bribing them with money, only for the Brosalian guards to take their money and kick them back into Nufria. Many of the nufrians were also shouting lies to get inside Brosal. Lies like how they aren’t a nufrian but citizens of a different monster country. Some tried lying about having military secrets about Nufria. However, the Brosalian guards can easily ignore 99% of them since they had no documents to prove anything. Especially if the refugee is a komodo monster since there is no way they aren’t a nufrian.

“ Please let me in! I’m actually from Gobi!”
“ I have 20 million dollars in my briefcase!”
“ My children are only 2 years old! Give them a chance to live!”

None of the nufrian refugees dared to cross over into Brosal illegally. Even though the vast grassy plain borders have no walls stopping you from crossing. Flying dragons were patrolling the borders. Any nufrian caught illegally crossing over the borders will be killed without mercy. The entire border plains were filled with black burned marks of countless thousands of dead nufrians that tried to cross over. The majority of the dead bodies are komodo monsters.

The flying dragons were a species known as Brosaurus. They are blue which helps them camouflage in the sky and their wingspan makes them look bigger than the komodos. So they are about 2-3 meters tall with a wingspan that can reach 9 meters wide. Most of them still weigh much less than the komodo since being lighter helps them fly better. They walk on their 2 back-legs with 2 scaly dragon arms when they are not flying.

News had spread all over the monster and human world that Mora had killed the nufrian king. The remaining nufrian governments tried to reason with the humans that it was Mora who killed those humans within their country. But the human countries still insist that Nufria should take responsibility. The other monsters' countries agreed with humans. It also looked like Nufria will also soon fall over to humans.

Since Mora had true-invisibility, he can easily slither past through the border security and into Brosal. He was about to slither across when he overheard something interesting. This female komodo monster wasn’t telling a lie like all the others. Mora can differentiate between an earnest plead and a stupid lie from his years of experience of being tortured.

“ Please let me see the brosaurus in charge! I know the secrets of the nufrian king’s legendary-scale ability,” begged a young female komodo.

Ever since the young female komodo heard the nufrian king has been killed. She immediately went to the borders of Brosal to give them their country’s greatest treasure, the legendary-scale ability book.

However, the Brosal border guard was still standing atop his tower overlooking all the nufrian civilians and ignoring them. Mora quickly made his move towards her but before turning her into true-invisibility. He created many giant gun-blankets over the heads of many refugee monsters. The blanket drew the attention of many refugee monsters, and some were panicking, and knocking away the giant blanket covering them. At the same time, Mora used true-invisibility on that female komodo, and nobody even noticed her going missing in the crowds.

“ KAAAAAAAA!” screamed the female komodo.

“ Nobody can hear you,” said Mora.

“ SOMEBODY PLEASE SAVE ME!” screamed the female komodo louder and tried to run away from Mora. She didn’t understand what was happening until her ghostly body passed through the other monsters.

Mora didn’t let her flee long before shooting paralyzing bullets.

“ Relax, I won’t kill you if you teach me the legendary-scale ability,” said Mora.

“ I will never teach you that skill! Somebody please help me!” pleaded the female komodo yet nobody can hear her.

Mora knew it wasn’t going to be easy, so he dragged her away from the crowds and into an abandoned home.

“ What are you going to do to me!” yelled the female komodo.

Gun-needles were created in Mora’s hand. It was time for his brutal torture tactic to get her to confess the secrets.

“ Please don’t jam that needle into my eye. I will tell you,” cried the female komodo.

The gruesome tortured didn’t even start yet the female komodo gave up. This made Mora extremely pleased with her.

“ Finally, now tell me,” ordered Mora.

“ ...I…. it’s… in my.. home,” sobbed the female komodo.

“ What is?” asked Mora.

“...th-the…. book guide to the legendary-scale ability,” replied the female komodo.

“ Take me there now,” demanded Mora.

“ ..okay please don’t torture me,” said the female komodo.

“ I won’t,” said Mora.

The name of the female komodo was Krissy. She is a granddaughter to the nufrian king and had been given the important task of handing the legendary-scale ability over to the ruler of Brosal in case the nufrian king died.

Krissy has shown Mora the way to her home since she couldn’t escape the murder-happy snake monster. Upon getting the book, she gives it immediately to Mora. He scanned over the pages with his eyes, reading 100 words a second. His reading speed was developed from his years of reading the internet for knowledge. After Mora finished the book, he created a gun-fire and burned it away.

“ What are you doing!” yelled Krissy.

“ I already memorized it,” smirked Mora. “ I don’t need any other monsters learning this.”

“ That is my country’s greatest secret, you can’t just burn away a priceless book like that!” chastised Krissy.

“ Fine, I will rewrite the book when I annihilate the humans,” sighed Mora.

Krissy gave Mora a mean glare. “ You better!”

Mora’s interactions with Krissy reminded him of Alice. He thought it was fun being able to talk to other monsters like this. He can either kill her to keep her silent or spare her anyways because they probably can’t track him down anyways.

“ Krissy from now on, you are my new partner in crime,” stated Mora.

“ What! Please let me go free!” begged Krissy.

“ Hmmm sure but you will be enslaved by the humans when Nufria loses,” informed Mora.

“ Brosal will let me in once I give them the legendary secret!” asserted Krissy. “ Wait you already burned away the book! Screw you!”

“ SnaSnaSnaSnaSnaSna,” laughed Mora. “ Don’t worry I can rewrite the book for you real fast.”

Mora recreated the legendary-scale ability book using the materials that Krissy provided to him. He used his 4 hands to write and draw at 4 pages at a time. It only took him 5 minutes to rewrite everything. All the pictures were also recreated with his insane drawing talent. Actually Mora had to use his gun-creation imaginations to recreate the drawings. The drawing also had parts of a gun sticking out of them.

“ How are you this talented!” exclaimed Krissy.

“ I had to do it to survive,” said Mora. “ Anyways, now you can go convince the Brosal guards to let you in.”

“ But why are you doing this,” wondered Krissy. “And why did you kill the nufrian king?”

“ Because he wouldn’t teach me the legendary-scale ability. I wouldn’t have killed anyone if he did,” fumed Mora.

“ Wow! The nufrian king should have given it to you,” agreed Krissy. “ Are you actually a good monster?”

“ Thanks, and I want to believe I am a good monster. I want to kill all humans, but I have to get as strong as possible.”

“ Unbelievable… this murderer could have been our savior if that stupid nufrian king trusted you,” said Krissy.

Mora and Krissy chatted about their life story for a few hours. Krissy almost wanted to go with him but her sense of duty to the king stopped her.

Mora soon turned back into true-invisibility and left for Brosal.

Krissy quickly made her way to the border of Brosal. This time instead of yelling for the lowly border guard to take her seriously. She will attempt to illegally cross over into the plains where the Brosalian patrols will mercilessly kill her. It was her final desperate attempt to get the brosalians to take her seriously. Everyone around her was telling her not to do it.

Before Mora had captured her, she was trying her best to contact the higher-ups of the brosalian army. However, every time she tried waving the book at them, the guards laughed at her foolish attempt to trick them. So the brosalians never knew that a national secret was being presented to them.

Krissy walked 50 steps into Brosal when a brosaurus flying high in the sky spotted her. The brosaurus dove towards her, attempting to kill her with his flame breath. However, Krissy didn’t retreat into Nufria for safety.

“ PLEASE LISTEN TO ME! I HAVE THE SECRET TO THE LEGENDARY-SCALE ABILITY!” shouted Krissy at her loudest.

The brosaurus guard ignored her and unleashed his flame breath. She was going to turn completely into ashes if she took it head-on. All the monster spectators couldn’t bear to watch her as she didn’t even bother dodging.

The flame breath was launched at her, she can feel the scorching heat 100 meters away from the approaching blast. The scales on her body were smoldering and pain erupted all over her body telling her to run away. But Krissy stool still, hoping that they will give her a chance to hear her out. But the flame breath attack never stopped and was about to hit her dead on. A single tear fell from her place as she had failed her mission to give the legendary-scale ability to Brosal. Together they will burn away completely.

All of a sudden, when Krissy awoke her eyes and saw Mora in front of her. She quickly looked around and saw the scorching ashes of the earth below her, and realized that Mora saved her.

“ Why are you here?” asked Krissy.

“ Because it’s sad having nobody to trust in you,” answered Mora. “ I didn’t expect you to do something so reckless. I was waiting for you to give up persuading the Brosalian guards. So I can take you with me to Brosal.”

“ Mora!” hugged Krissy.

At first, Krissy hated Mora for killing the nufrian monsters and the nufrian king. But when she learned why he did it, she reluctantly accepted it. Deep down inside Krissy, she wanted Mora to do it more peacefully but never voiced her opinions to persuade Mora. Also, a sense of relief and sadness washed over her. She is happy that she won’t be enslaved by the humans when Nufira loses the war but was feeling guilty in leaving behind all her friends and families. However, all her loved ones would probably tell her to take this opportunity that Mora has given her.

“ Okay I will come with you but you have to promise me not to kill any more innocent monsters,” smiled Krissy.

Mora looked up to the sky thinking if that is the smart decision. “ Sure.”

Mora only agreed because he didn’t want to accidentally become too dark and twisted. He also likes talking to Krissy. She doesn’t have to remain in hiding like Mora so she can do things to help further Mora’s goals. Once all the humans have died, Mora will let her return to her normal life.

Finally, it was time for them to sneak into Brosal. They made their way past the border guards. The closest Brosal town is still a 1-day walk from where they were. Mora and Krissy took their time talking together as they walked towards Wheat Town.

2