Episode 3 : Spider Humanoid (3)
968 7 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11 :

Episode 3 : Spider Humanoid (3)

I shifted my gaze to the comfy throne that looked less sinister than the cobweb cocoon. 

‘I'm tempted to sit on it.’ 

What's the harm about resting my body on the throne? I didn't have an ominous feeling toward the throne except the cocoon and I was exhausted from searching all around this dungeon. 

‘I'll take a little break before I go back..’ I urged myself to sit on it in which I did.

The restfulness of the throne brought about a relaxed sensation for my whole body. 

On one exception, I noticed myself having a Déjà Vu and my hands, which I hadn't realized it, were on the armrests.

"Why does it feel so familiar?" I murmured.

Did all the insanities finally taking a toll on me? I was beginning to feel listless from the moment I sat on the throne. 

———

In the meantime, Raiden had arrived back to the pond. 

"Sorry if I took too lo-" As he looked around while talking, he didn't detect where JoonChul was. 

He was holding onto the gift that he planned to give to JoonChul. It was a dark katana hanging from a cord attached to his waist. 

But now that JoonChul was nowhere to be found, Raiden was a bit worried about him.

Even though, he knew he was the one who killed all the monsters in this dungeon during which he used to keep for company, there was still one creature he had no desire to beat.

"JoonChul. Please don't get near the throne hall." He prayed in desperation with both of his hands.

[‘Takumi Raiden’ has activated the skill, ‘Connection’ Lv. ???.]

[Searching for JoonChul's link.]

When JoonChul was asleep, Raiden had placed a link on him just in case he wandered around this place, like what happened right now.

[Selected link has been found.]

A green arrow added to his vision, directed itself to where JoonChul's location was. 

Raiden's eyes narrowed when he discovered JoonChul's whereabouts. 

It appeared that his undesirable wish, the one he didn't wish for, came true. 

"Kuso!" He shouted frustratedly. (‘Kuso’ is a Japanese word for ‘Fuck’)

The ground where he was standing, cracked from the electrical force he discharged when he dashed toward his disciple's location.

"If she murdered my first ever student, she'll definitely pay the price!" He expressed his anger by roaring out.

The electricity surrounding his figure, stretched out to every places he walked on, leaving a trajectory of electrical shockwave behind.

For the most part, he hoped that his disciple didn't sit down on the throne or else it would wake up the insect that he unwillingly wouldn't want to fight.

When he arrived at the entrance, he sensed the aura from within. 

However what he had expected, didn't occured whatsoever. 

———

How should I describe this..? An adorable spider on top of my head? 

A moment ago, the creature inside the cocoon attempted to release itself outside. 

Due to its rapidly release, I didn't have the chance to prevent it from happening.

But.. something about this aura behoved the same exact comfort like the throne. 

I reached out my hand to the cocoon and a cute little spider climbed onto my hand until it went on top of my head. 

Supposedly, I didn't provoke it but slightly patted its tiny head. Moreover, it showed no sign of threats toward me.

In spite of that, I felt the spider raised its front legs as a defensive posture and readied its fangs for its offensive attack.

Did I provoke its somehow? My question was answer when I found Raiden coming in from the entrance.

He somewhat had a nostalgic expression carved on his face as he suddenly knelt before me as if I were a king.

I was taken aback by this and spoke. "Teacher.. What are you doing?"

Raiden politely responded to my question. "Your resemblance resembled my king from my past memories." 

"I do..?" 

"I supposed the spider will say the same."

"Huh?!" 

The spider calmed itself and jumped to where Raiden was.

Its appearance transformed slowly into a young lady with her lavender hair tied into a bun hairstyle while wearing a kimono, covering half of her face with an aesthetic fan. 

The sound of geta landing on the ground, snapped me wide awake from this shocking transformation. 

She unfolded her fan as her gorgeous lips were revealed. "You can't shut up, can you? Uncle?"

Raiden gently grabbed hold of her head and made her kneel like himself.

"H-Hey! He isn't the king!" She pouted.

"But he does look like him."

"So what? He is just a coincidence." She stood back up and pointed her finger at me.

"Haha! Speak for yourself! You didn't kill him. You even let him pat your head."

"It's because I miss having someone to pat my head.. that's all." She fidgeted with her hands cutely as I unknowingly grinned.

***—***—***—***—***

‹Kimono› : a traditional Japanese dress.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimono

‹Geta› : A wooden clogs or flip-flops.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geta_(footwear)

22