Episode 3 : Spider Humanoid (2)
1k 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10 :

Episode 3 : Spider Humanoid (2)

I paused my walking when I had a thought. ‘I should take some squids with me since I do not know how long it will take to find Raiden..’

I nodded to myself and went back to the pond where the electro squids were.

"I remember he said ‘raw or cooked’.. So it must meant I can eat these raw. I hope.."

After arriving near the pond, I collected 10 electro squids and shoved them in my inventory.

Sadly, I didn't have any containments for me to store the pond water. And I left though the path with a frown on my face, knowing that I would be thirsty later on. 

As I was walking alongside the path which was illuminated brightly by the torches on the dungeon's walls, something fascinating caught my eyes.

Unusually, I discovered a wooden door, having a sign above it, both being in ruination.

I closely read what was on the sign. "Kit..chen..? What?" 

In this situation, I was truly alarmed by this uncommonly room in a dungeon. 

Fully knowing that this might be a trap, I clasped the lever door knob which felt as though it was breaking soon and opened the door nervously.

What entered my point of view wasn't a room packed with monsters, instead, true to what had been written on the sign, it was a kitchen but in a ruined state.

"This is very interesting.." I mumbled with great amazement.

There were nothing special in this place after I finished looting it. Having said that, I did find an insect collection box which was strangely on the shelf above the stone furnace. 

Without hesitation, I stored it inside my inventory because I didn't wish to waste such a beautiful and well-organized collection box. Mostly because I liked stuff in organization.

I left the ruined kitchen and resumed moving in search of Raiden again.

———

After a long and tiring walk without any monsters in sight, I came across a locked huge door, looking as clean as a whistle, unlike the other ruined doors.

On the contrary, Raiden was still nowhere to be found even after a long period of time.

"Just where is he?" I grumbled.

I observed the large door which led me to believe it was the doorway to the boss room.

It was a relief that the door was locked tight. If it were unlocked, I might carelessly went in and died because of the boss being too tough.

Including the fact that I was a bit exhausted and needed to eat.

I pulled out one of the squids from my inventory and bit into it while sitting down, leaning on the wall next to the door.

Different from the previous cooked squid, the raw was firm and mild with a slight nutty flavor. 

[Hidden Skill, ‘Simulation’ Lv. 1 has offset the pain.] 

However, I felt a little spark inside my mouth after chewing the raw squid. I supposed the last squid didn't have the sparks, since it was removed after being cooked by Raiden's skill.

Shortly after consuming the squid, I got up while putting my hand on the wall to support myself upward.

To my surprise, the stone tile that I touched, pushed inward very smoothly.

"What did it do?!" 

Steampunk mechanical noises resounded out somewhere underneath me, resulted in the ground vibrating strongly to the sound. 

The door that should have been locked, was unlocking itself in front of my eyes. 

"Wait..! I wasn't ready for this!" I took a step backwards in a hasteful hurry as I grunted.

The entrance to the boss room opened up showcasing a vast menacingly darkness without any lights to me. 

"Should I go in..?" I peeked inside, still only seeing nothing but black.

I moved forward to the door, then set my left foot inside the room. As a result, the lanterns on the pillars were lighting up with blue fire simultaneously, illuminating the area for me to finally see in this darken place. The lighting-up lanterns reached their end which was a throne with a human sided cobweb cocoon beside it.

"There is no boss? Then I was incorrect to think this is a boss room.." I sighed out all the fright that I had just experienced.

I carefully looked around this place while being cautious of my surroundings. Slowly but surely, I went to the throne up ahead. 

The closer I was, the more majestic the throne was. In the meantime, the cobweb cocoon was increasingly getting worse from every steps I took. 

Soon after, I stood right in front of the throne but only paid attention to the cobweb cocoon. 

‘Something is inside this for sure..’ 

Regardless of what creatures or items were inside this cocoon, I must not disturb it no matter what.

27