Episode 3 : Spider Humanoid (4)
966 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12 :

Episode 3 : Spider Humanoid (4)

Raiden disagreed by shaking his head. "If you needed headpats, my hands are always free."

The spider lady argued, using her fan to gently smacked his hand. "As if! I'll never let an uncle's hands touch my beautiful head, including my hair!"

"How can you be so cruel?!" Raiden covered his mouth, shocked by her statement. 

"Hmph!" She crossed her arms while pouting. 

‘They are like children..’ I chuckled merrily.

After awhile, they started having an argument. For the most part, if this argument turned into a fight, then it wouldn't take a millisecond before I die. 

Because..

The lady spoke again while stomping her feet aggressively on the floor. "Since when did I ask for your headpats!?" 

...Just a few stomps could cause the ground to rumble terrifically. Not only that..

"I believe you asked me when we were teenagers." Raiden rubbed his chin while smirking.

Yellow to blueish lightning flickered under his shadow, releasing an unsettling aura around him.

The spider lady saw this as a challenge. In regard to this, the silk that kept her hair tied together, snapped into two, causing her silky lavender hair to be undone. 

Her hair fluttered from the fearsome electricity in the air while floating silky strings attached to her hair, stretched out behind her.

‘I must stop this!’ I immediately conceived to myself in my mind.

"Silence, you two." These words came out of my lips randomly in a serious tone. 

The two heeded my request and kept their mouths shut tightly.

The tremendous atmosphere that they had dispersed, were gone by a few words from me.

I exhaled a sigh of relief and questioned them. "Let me ask you this. What will you gain from this insignificant fight?!" 

I rested my head on my hand. Then, I looked at Raiden as well as lecturing him. "As a teacher, you need to prioritize your student's safety! I would have died the moment a fight broke out!" 

Raiden who received a lecture from me, lowered his head from embarrassment.

I shifted my gaze at the spider humanoid who was still frustrated at the moment.

It wasn't hard to calm Raiden, but the problem stemmed from the spider lady.

How can I appease her? It only took a minute before an idea crossed my mind.

Spiders eat insects, right? I pulled out the insect collection box from my inventory.

The spider lady noticed what I was holding and gasped. "Food!" 

I smiled while confirming. "Yes, it is what you thought of."

Raiden caught on what I was doing and laughed silently.

The spider humanoid quickly ran toward me while transforming back into a cute little spider again. She landed on the collection box which I placed on the throne's left armrest. 

Not wasting a single second, she began munching down on the insects, making a crackling sound.

I was watching her without realizing that Raiden was right beside me.

Raiden apologized. "I'm terribly sorry, my disciple."

"Nothing bad happened yet, so don't apologize." I replied earnestly.

He got my forgiveness and grinned, almost having teary eyes.

I poked the spider's head and she didn't care much about it, since she was still eating the insects.

However, she mumbled something. "Atsushi Mirai.." 

"What..? What is it?" I asked because I didnt hear what she said.

She murmured cutely. "I'm Atsushi Mirai.."

"Ah. My name is JoonChul."

Unfortunately, she did not respond back to me, so I stopped observing her after finally knowing her name.

I asked Raiden. "Teacher, who was the king you talk about?"

His expression distorted melancholy and refused to answer my question. "Think nothing of it." 

Without letting me have a chance to speak, he changed the topic completely. "Right! This is my present to you!" 

He handed me the katana that he took off from his waist. 

"I can't take this!" I uttered in incredulousness after seeing it.

"He's right! Why would you give him this valuable katana?!" Mirai shouted astoundingly.

"Because it's valuable, that's why I'm giving it to him." Raiden declared in a weighty voice.

"But ‘he’ gave that to you! Are you really certain about this!?" 

"I can't let the katana be unused, so I decided to give it to my disciple." He answered wholeheartedly.

"...hmph. Do what you want." She went back to eating the insects.

Raiden could only smile from hearing her response. 

I, on the other hand, didn't understand what was going on. However, I did know that I must not take this special sword from Raiden, so I decided to convince him. "You don't have to give me something so important to you." 

25