Episode 1 : An Abnormal Situation (3)
1.4k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 : 

Episode 1 : An Abnormal Situation (3)

[Stage #2: Enter the Kingless Kingdom.]

+

Stage Information: The kingdom without a king, has many places to be revealed. Most importantly, a place to rest, eat, etc, is needed for the players.

Stage Task: Enter the kingdom before the pack of wolves get you.

Time Limit: 10 Hours

Reward: 100 Coins, and the kingdom's protection.

Failure: You'll become the wolf's prey.

+

You have got to be kidding me? How can the players outrun a pack of wolves?! Thankfully, I chose to head to the kingdom, even before the stage began. 

‘But what about the others?’ My expression filled with pitifulness toward the players as I glanced at them. 

Unexpectedly, I spotted a man ahead of the crowd. He was catching up to me in an intimidatingly speed while emitting a horrifying aura. Who the heck is he?!

[Hidden Skill, ‘Player Analysation’ Lv. 1 has been activated!]

...eh?

Name: Seong Hwan-Gi

Age: 28

Class: None

Level: 2

Health: 150

Mana: 110

Stamina: 110

Hidden Skills: ‘Favorability’ Lv. 1, ‘Fast Leveling’ Lv. 1, ‘Divine Flame’ Lv. 1

Skills: None

Stats: 

Strength Lv. 2

Agility Lv. 2

Intelligence Lv. 2

Dexterity Lv.. 1

Luck Lv. 1

+

‘I could view his status!?’ As I was struck in a puzzlement, an arrow shot above my head.

All the hairs on my body rose up from experiencing a near death situation. I nervously gazed toward where the arrow was shot, and found archers on top of the castle wall. 

My lips unconsciously moved. “The ‘Creators’ temporarily paused the Earth's time to delay the ‘Evil being’'s resurrection. Seriously... This isn't the right time to tell me those information through my mouth!"

Annoyed by my lips possessing the ability to move on its own, I gently smacked it before glaring at the archers that were preparing for their next attack.

What should I do? I hastately searched for a cover in my vicinity and found a shortcut but it's a risky one. There was a broken wooden bridge over the river which leads to the second entrance of the kingdom.

"That will do." Even though I urged myself to continue running, my body wasn't responding to me. 

[You have 0 stamina.]

[Please rest to recover your stamina.]

The ‹System› didn't bother giving me a warning that my stamina almost reached 0. I gritted my teeth angrily before someone's voice came from behind me.

"Are you okay?" 

I dared not to look back because I knew it was that monstrous man I saw before. He kept talking to me.

"Answer me."

[Player ‘1’ has used ‘Favorability’ Lv. 1 on you.]

[Hidden Skill, ‘Simulation’ Lv. 1 has deflected the Hidden Skill, ‘Favorability’ Lv. 1.]

Hwan-Gi spoke as if he were greatly baffled by this. "What..?"

"I used up all my stamina. Would you give me a hand?" 

"What will I get by helping you?"

"Help me or be killed by the archers." I tiredly pointed at the archers. 

Hwan-Gi was silent for a moment until his lips opened. "Where should we go?"

"There is a shortcut in the Northeast."

"Understood." He placed me on his back and ran with all his might. 

If I remember correctly, this man has a skill called ‘Fast Leveling’. That might had something to do with him being the player ‘1’. However, isn't that skill too overpowered? There must be a limit to it, right?

"Your name?" Hwan-Gi asked.

"Joon-Chul. Yours?" I knew his name already, but it was best not to cause suspicions.

"My name is Hwan-Gi. Nice to meet you, JoonChul-ssi."

"This isn't a pleasant time to start a conversation, is it?" I smirked sheepishly.

"It seems so." 

"By the way, you adopted to this world fast. HwanGi-ssi."

"What's good by being frightened?"

"True."

"Arrows incoming!"

The arrows were raining down on the field, but most of them didn't land on us. 

I glanced at the sky to spot any arrows coming our way. Unfortunately, I noticed one that could potentially hit HwanGi's head.

"Run faster! Crap! There's no time!"

Rather than letting the arrow hits his head, I blocked it using my left hand. The arrow punctured halfway through my hand, and caused my blood to drop on his hair.

"JoonChul-ssi!?" He noticed blood dripping down on his cheeks and his expression distorted.

"I'm fine! Keep moving!" I responded quickly to reassured him. 

[Hidden Skill, ‘Simulation’ Lv. 1 has offset the pain.]

32