Episode 2 : Dungeon Survival (1)
1.2k 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5:

Episode 2: Dungeon Survival (1)

[You are the first to hunt down an undead!]

[You have received 200 coins from this achievement!]

[You earned 2 Stat Points from leveling up.]

[Where do you wish to put your Stat Points into? Last Player?]

Why am I called 'Last Player'? And not Player '1000'? Was it because it's easier to say 'Last' instead of '1000'? 

I shook my head. 'That isn't important to know.' 

I glanced at the quiver and bow that I just acquired from the undead. 

If this ‹System› is like a game, then there is an 'Inventory' function. As I thought about it, a panel showed up out of nowhere.

'Wow..' I was amazed by the unlimited slots that I could use freely. 'You don't have to unlock the free slots?!'

Feeling excited by this, I swiftly stored my items into my inventory. I even stored the skeleton's femurs because they were decent enough as a melee weapon. 

'Oh right.. What should I put my stat points into?' I almost forgot about those. 'Status' 

+

Name: Wang Joon-Chul

Age: 28

Class: None.

Level: 2

Health: 150

Mana: 110

Stamina: 150

Hidden Skills: 'Simulation' Lv. 1, 'Player Analysation' Lv. 1, 'Skills Imitation' Lv. 1

Skills: None.

Stats: 

Strength Lv. 1

Agility Lv. 1

Intelligence Lv. 1

Dexterity Lv. 1

Luck Lv. 1

[You have two available stat points.]

+

I didn't waste any time to think and put each of my stat points to STR and AGI. 

[Strength Lv. 1 → Strength Lv. 2]

[Agility Lv. 1 → Agility Lv. 2]

Now that was all sorted out. 'I should rest for a bit..' 

I made sure to close the cage door before resting my body on the ground. I sluggishly closed my eyes and was fast asleep.

——— 

HwanGi entered the kingdom with a sadden expression on his face. 

'He must be dead..' He clenched his fists harder, feeling rather regretful since he was unable to save JoonChul. 

[Stage #2 has ended.]

[Stage's reward will be compensated to all of the players who succeeded.]

[Stage's failure will be bought upon those who failed the Stage.]

He saw the true death of a few players, however he didn't find JoonChul's. 'No. He's alive.'

He grinned when he realized that JoonChul was still living out there.

He tried to exit the kingdom, only to bumped into an invisible barrier. 

'What is this..?' He touched the barrier, utterly confused. 

[You can't exit this kingdom yet!]

His eyebrows quivered with anger, and punched the invisible barrier. 

[Warning! Do not attempt to punch the invisible dome!]

He stopped when the ‹System› warned him. 

[Stage #3 : Settlement.]

+

Stage Information: A place to be called home is crucial to every creatures, humans are no exception.

Stage Task: Rent a room from a tavern/inn.

Time Limit: 5 Hours.

Reward: 200 coins.

Failure: -100 coins.

+

When he finished reading it, he shot out a glare at the invisible dome. 

'This ‹System› is trash.' 

He forced himself not to punch the dome again and turned around to see a girl in medieval clothes, fidgeting with her fingers while trembling.

She spoke as she stuttered a few words. "E-Excuse me.. sir.. My t-tavern has many available r-rooms you could rent.." 

He calmed himself down and responded. "Where is it?"

"T-This w-way!" She showed him the way, and he followed behind. 

———

He arrived at a lively tavern covered with flowers before talking to the girl beside him. "So much flowers."

She flinched a little and stumbled. "W-Well.. This t-tavern name is 'Bouquet Tavern'.."

"It's a befitting name." 

She smiled bitterly. "Yes, it is.."

He wondered if he said something wrong and changed the topic. "Where is the owner of this place?"

"Come. I'll g-guide you to h-him" 

He was guided by the girl as he observed this tavern. 

Before long, she led him to the counter where a man was cooking. 

She waved her hand to that man. "F-Father. I got a c-customer!"

The man replied back. "Good job, Maria! That's my girl. Could you babysit your sisters for me?"

Maria nodded happily and left while saying. "Yes, father!"

The man stopped cooking and introduced himself to HwanGi. "I'm Payne Wayne, the owner of 'Bouquet Tavern'. And you are?"

"I'm HwanGi."

"The beautiful girl that you saw just now, was my daughter, Rose Maria." Payne proudly said.

"I didn't ask." He responded uninterestingly. 

"Haha.. Sorry." Payne scratched the back of his neck embarrassingly. He cleared his throat, then talked with a serious tone. 

"Are you here to eat or rent a room?"

"Both. How much?"

"10 coins for a room and 5 for a meal."

HwanGi pondered for a bit and used his skill. 

[Hidden Skill, 'Favorability' Lv. 1 has been used on 'Payne Wayne'.]

HwanGi questioned. "Could you lower the price?"

"Of course, young man. How about 5 for a room and 2 for a meal?" 

"Lower."

"I'm afraid that as far as Its can go."

HwanGi nodded. "Deal." 

As if waiting for it, 7 coins materialized in his hand with a blinding light. 

Payne who was greatly shocked by this, stood back slightly. 

HwanGi was also surprised but it didn't last long. He placed the coins on the counter before opening his lips. "Lead me to my room."

29