2.3
1.2k 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a night where the thunder roared in the sky, the lightning flashed as rain fell from the sky. Inside a house, the sound of scattering glass hit the ground, breaking on impact and the sound of screams could be heard.

"So? Why should I have to tell you where I'm going?! You're just my boyfriend, we haven't even gotten married yet and you think that you can control me? Well guess what, Daniel, I'm no longer that person two years ago who would've let you do so, so back off. I can go out anywhere, anytime as long as I want to. Daniel, if I wanted to, I can have as many boyfriends as I wish for, I can stay out for nights because that is my own freedom to do so!" Avian smacked a flower vase onto the ground, his face filled with fury as he directed his words to Daniel, who stood off to the side with an exasperated, yet tired expression.

"It's exactly because I'm your boyfriend that I wish you can tell me where you are going. Try to respect me as someone you love, and at least tell me that little information. You're right, you have your own freedom and you have always been given that, so why make it seem like I have always held you back? I've always given the best to you so I don't understand why you would say those words. Did you really think that I don't know what you've been doing, where you've been going ever single night? Who you've been with behind my back?" With those words, Daniel's expression was now filled with fury, his eyes dark with danger.

But no one would've known just how much his heart was breaking in that moment. He had always known, Daniel had known from the first time it happened.

It wasn't even three weeks after Avian was fully recovered until he changed. The person that Daniel had fell for was no longer to be found. Every single night, Avian went out, to clubs, to bars, anywhere where he could drink and play around. At first, Daniel didn't want to jump to conclusions so he didn't do anything. 

Daniel let Avian do as he wished because he trusted that Avian was loyal, that Avian loved him still. But that trust was put in the wrong place.

On that day, Daniel's heart was destroyed. 

It was a normal time at work in his office, Daniel was signing papers and decided to stay the night to catch up on work. By eleven at night, he decided to pack up and go back home but just at that moment, he had gotten a message, along with a picture sent with it. The message was from his brother.

Brother: Hey, isn't that Avian? Why's he hanging around in this type of place?

Daniel took a look at the picture and discovered that Avian was kissing someone. If that person had been anyone else, it wouldn't have caused as much harm as it had, but that person was his best friend. The place that they had gone to was a love hotel.

On that night, Daniel should've broke up with Avian. But he couldn't. Even though he knew that Avian was cheating on him, Daniel was too in love with Avian. So instead, even though he knew that Avian didn't love him anymore and was simply staying because of his parents, Daniel didn't do anything. He let Avian do as he wanted. 

Daniel was a fool, even he knew that. But he loved Avian to the point where even if Avian didn't love him, Daniel was still willing to love him. Even if Avian hated him, even if his heart belonged to someone else, as long as Daniel was beside Avian, he was alright.

If Avian was beside him, Daniel could bear the pain. Even if their relationship was now one-sided, Daniel would carry the weight of it all. Because love was like this, love was going through a thousand pains but still willing to go through it all. Even if the person Avian loved wasn't him, that was fine. It was okay, because Daniel could go through it all. It was okay, because Daniel was willing to suffer. It was okay, because this was love.

"So? Now you know, are you willing to let me go now? I don't love you anymore, that much should be clear, the one reason I'm with you still is because of my parents. This ring, this ring right here, to me it is simply the most disgusting thing ever," With his words, Avian took off the ring around his finger, throwing it on the ground. He had a smirk on his face, as if he didn't have a single care in the world, as if his actions could be justified.

"Let's break up, Daniel, let's put an end to our relationship. This is rightfully your house so I will move out. I don't need anything, you can throw all my belongings away. After this day, there is no us, and there never will be anything like that again." Avian didn't look back as he opened the door, slamming it shut as he walked away from the house and got into a car, driving off under the falling rain.

Daniel looked at the fallen ring on the ground, his eyes dazed, as if he didn't want to believe what was happening. Daniel knew that he should let go, that he should've done so from the beginning. But he couldn't bring himself to. He knew that even though he loved Avian so much, Avian didn't. 

Now that everything had end, his heart broke. Though Avian didn't love him, Daniel had given his whole heart to Avian, even when he was being cheated on.

He walked over, taking slow footsteps as he bended down to pick up the ring. This ring, it would be better to throw it all away. Daniel knew that he shouldn't hold on anymore, because there was nothing left. With everything that has happened, he needed to move on. Avian wasn't the only person in this world, he could find someone else. He could find someone else who would love him as much as he loved them. It was just a silly heartbreak, nothing else.

As his back leaned against the wall, his eyes were filled with sorrow and pain. He was silent in that quiet house, listening to the storm on the outside that seemed just like his heart.

Why did it feel like he was dying inside?

 

 

 

[And that is everything that had happened with Avian and Daniel. With them breaking up now, your work has become even easier to do. Now you just have to fix Daniel's broken heart and get him to fall in love with you.]

Andy tried not to show any facial change as he heard System say that. As if it would be that easy. With this character being quite cold and all, it would definitely be hard to get close to Daniel, plus, where could he even stage an accidental encounter between the two?

But, Andy laid on his bed, thinking deeply for a plan that might work. He could always ask for a cooperation between Luxe and Daniel's company, Spherix. Although Spherix was a clothing brand, it shouldn't be hard to do so.

You know what, this is what Andy was going to do. It didn't seem weird to do so, and it didn't seem out of character for him, and it came with lots of benefits. Although it was going to be hard to get close to Daniel, this would increase the chances of them meeting and it would bring an increase in buyers and investors for their companies, plus more money.

This was a win-win situation for both sides.

(What's Avian doing right now?)

[He has just arrived at his boyfriend's house, Kris, and has revealed the news that he broke it off with Daniel. Now, the two are engaging in some matters that I will not say. Host, you were spot on, Daniel was wearing a green hat (being cheated on).]

(Of course, else why would their relationship take such a drastic turn? It was because in the original story, with Andy interfering, this caused the love between Daniel and Avian to deepen. Since I didn't involve myself in their matters, but used someone else to do so instead, Avian has changed and thus, betrayed Daniel in the end. I do feel bad for Daniel now, mostly because Avian is just really loose. But hey, all's fair in love and war (In certain situations, anything can be done to achieve your goal). I only used the people around me, Avian was the one that fell for it.)

[Of course, Host. You are the same person who left a string of destruction in the other world, of course, you would do it again. But, I'm still amazed with the fact that you had sneaked in some moles into Rose and Theo's company. Ever since that day, their stocks slowly declined, and their company has been kicked off of the leaderboards. Now, you stand firmly in first place, with Spherix coming in at third.]

(Actually, I'm letting them off easy for now since it isn't the right time to expose everything yet. Don't worry though, when it's time, a huge mess is going to be brought forth.)

With that, Andy spoke with System while multitasking and sent an email to Sam about the matters of collaborating with Spherix. After that was done, Andy shut off, and went to bed.

 

 

 

On the other hand, Sam stared at his computer screen as a message appeared. 

'Schedule a private meeting with the head of Spherix. I want to offer a collaboration.'

Sam pushed his glasses up, a hand swiping through his hair as he looked at the screen. 

He knew that Andy had no reason to do something like this since Luxe was such a powerful company, it stood at the peak for the most powerful company. But being who he was, he didn't question Andy's task and merely completed it.

Just as he finished contacting the other side, another message popped up. 

'Louis has your address.'

As soon as Sam read that message, someone knocked at his doors. He softly sighed, but still got up and opened it.

As soon as the door opened, a smiling Louis looked at Sam, a flirtatious light in his eyes.

"Hi."

Sam looked at Louis for a good five seconds before finally saying, "Come in."

Louis only smiled as he walked in, making sure that his hands didn't do anything. But he stared at Sam with strong intensity.

Sam's expression remained emotionless, but deep inside, he knew that things were going to get hectic tonight.

20