3.13
134 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucius looked at his hands. His brother had been gone for a while now and he didn't know what to do. Well, he understood that Victor was playing an important role in this future war but, he was worried for him. No matter the grudge that he still held against Victor, this was his brother, someone who had always prioritized his health before his own.

Growing up without Victor was hard, it was an empty feeling that stayed in his heart. Even as he got older, as he grew more and more, he still wished to see his brother's face, his smile that held a familiar feeling Lucius could never find in anyone else's smile.

"Lucius?" Lucius turned his head towards Ren, his friend. Ren looked at Lucius with a furrow on his brow, his green eyes tinted with worry. Ren was a beta, 18 years old, the two had known each other for 8 years now.

"Sorry, I was zoning out," Lucius smiled faintly as he said this. Taking the paper from Ren's hand, he looked over it. "What are these paper for?"

Ren sat next to Lucius, "Well, glad to know that you're alright. The paper is for a report on recent school bullying. There's been people saying that they've seen three alphas going around and fighting with people. Although it's not known for sure yet, the teachers said that you, as the head of the student council, should see rather we should investigate it first. Also, it's been said that the three alphas are related to Raven Blaxe." As Ren said this, he exhaled a breath, pointing at the signature signed by the head of the school.

Upon hearing Raven's name, Lucius couldn't help it as he began examining the paper closer. "Raven Blaxe?" Reading the information on the paper, Lucius grabbed a pen and signed it.

"So you're agreeing that the members of the student council can begin investigating?" Ren asked once more, just to double check. He was able to see the change in Lucius when he heard Raven's name, but, Ren didn't bother asking.

"Yes, but just be careful. I have a feeling things are much more than what they seem." Lucius replied as he looked at the three pictures on the paper.

"I know, we've been doing this for so long, it's not even strange anymore." Ren still nodded his head as he reassured Lucius though.

As Lucius looked at one of the pictures, it felt as if he could recognize one of the person on there, but he wasn't sure. Lucius read the name. Ray Blaxe. The name sounded familiar, but Lucius couldn't recall from where it was that he had heard of it. Was this man related to Raven?

"Your Highness," A call from outside of the doors awoken Lucius from his thoughts.

"Come in," Lucius said, his eyes turning to the door as he gave the paper back to Ren. Ren merely stood off to the side as a man walked in.

"Your Highness, there has been recent news from Prince Victor. The King and King Consort have asked you to come to the study room." The man bowed before he began speaking.

Lucius could feel his mood lighten just from hearing that sentence. Taking a quick look at Ren, he was given a nod.

"I will see myself out, Lucius, have fun." Ren said as he walked out the doors after smiling at the attendant.

Lucius stared at the man before him as he began speaking after Ren had gone. Standing up, he said, "Please, lead the way." Saying so, he suddenly had a weird feeling inside his heart as he looked at the man. He felt like he should know who this man was, but he wasn't sure. Then, it clicked, this was Ray Blaxe.

Right as Lucius was about to run, a hand grabbed onto him, a piece of cloth covering his nose and mouth.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness." Ray slowly whispered as he held the unconscious Lucius in his arms. "Please forgive me, I have no other choices." This was the only sentence he could say as he held Lucius in his arms. His own expression broken. "If I don't do this, they might do something even worse to you."

The two had met when they were younger. For Ray, it was love at first sight. But because he held the name Blaxe, it meant that he had to betray A Nation, and he had no other choices. This was the only thing he could do, and it was already risky. But, he would rather risk his life than the thought of sealing Lucius' fate. As he looked at the face of the man whom he had loved for over half of his lifetime, there was a devastation from deep within his eyes.

As he lifted Lucius in his arms, he spoke out. "Get the car ready, make sure that no one is able to see me. Create any distractions you can."

"Yes, sir." An earpiece was in Ray's ear as Ray ended the chat.

Ray took a glance at Lucius before finally moving.

.

.

.

"Your Majesty, Prince Lucius has gone missing!" A servant yelled as she burst opened from the door.

Allen and Rain looked up in alarm. "What?" Allen asked again for reconfirmation.

"Prince Lucius is gone." The servant repeated once more as she gasped for a breath of air.

Rain looked at Allen in shock, his heart beating fast as his breathing got faster and faster. His child was gone. He was scared, but he needed to keep his composure. "Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, Your Majesty, I've made sure of everything. We've searched everywhere for where he could've gone, but he was not found. In his room, there was a piece of white cloth left behind." The maid said as she handed the piece of white cloth to Allen.

Allen held the white piece of cloth, his hands gripped onto it tightly, so that his fist was white. Finally, he muttered from his gritted teeth, "Chloroform, whoever kidnapped him knocked him out first."

Hearing this, Rain closed his eyes as he bit his lips, holding back his cry. Finally, he said, "Thank you, please keep this matter hidden from anyone else knowing. If more people know, the situation won't end well."

"Yes, Your Majesty, I'll make sure to speak to everyone who knows about this." With that, the maid walked away, her steps rather quick.

"Allen, what are we going to do now?" Rain couldn't help but whisper, his voice breaking as he hugged Allen.

"It's alright, I'll make sure to find Lucius. Knowing him, he probably won't be even worried about his situation." Allen reassured Rain, his hand rubbing Rain's back.

.

.

.

(Fei Shang, what is the situation on Lucius' side?)

[Host, Lucius has gone missing, Allen and Rain are trying to find him. The situation isn't as dangerous as you may think, but it will be even more dangerous if Lucius returns to the castle.]

(It's not dangerous? Is there anything else you can tell me?)

[No, Host, but I am keeping careful track of Lucius. If anything happens, I will make sure to report to you.]

(Alright then, please keep track of Raven too while you're at it. Although he doesn't seem as deadly as the other main characters I've encountered, I can't be sure just yet.)

[Yes, Host.]

Victor then focused on Sherry, whom was knitting while watching Will at the corner of his eyes. And at the side, he winked towards Mark who was speaking with Nile.

.

.

.

Lucius felt a throbbing pain in his head as he slowly opened his eyes. As he opened his eyes, he quickly took in the room he was in. It was plain, a bed, a bathroom, and a chair, that was about it. Tugging at his hands that were locked by handcuffs, he gave out an incoherent grumble.

Lucius wasn't as frightened as anyone else would've been if they were in this situation. It was strange but Lucius was used to this type of fear and all that. Being born royalty does some stuff to you, people.

The only thing he hated was that there wasn't anything he could possibly do in this room. If he was to be kidnapped, he would've liked it better if there had been a TV so that he wouldn't die of boredom.

Well, that's not the point right now. Lucius needed to think about whether or not he should try to escape or just stick around a while. After all, returning meant he still had to attend school too, so...maybe it would be better to stay here.

Lucius sat in silence, weighing his choices. Knowing Allen, his father probably wouldn't even worry about him much. He'll probably reassure his Pa and say that he would make it out without any injury. Thanks, Father. Like, it was funny how realistic Lucius could picture it in his head.

He really needed to stop getting sidetracked.

Focusing on the matters at hand, Ray Blaxe had kidnapped him. For whatever reason it was, Lucius had absolutely no idea. Thing is, Lucius didn't understand why Ray would want to kidnapped him. He didn't know Ray, and he was most certain that Ray wasn't trying to kidnap him to make him his husband or anything, but he also couldn't think about how Ray had broken through the security inside the castle.

Although there weren't that many guards that circled the castle, there were still enough to see if someone had sneaked out of the castle carrying an adult-sized body. Since that was the case, it could only mean that Ray had been planning this for a while now and had enough time to plant people inside the castle. If that is the case, it meant there was an even bigger story behind this incident. Most likely, some nobles were involved in this too and must be trying to interfere with the war.

If news about Lucius' kidnapping gets out, there would be unrest throughout A Nation because he was one of the two princes A Nation had. Plus, if this happened, chances were that Allen and Rain, mostly Rain, would get worried and try to find him. Although, Lucius was glad because he knew that his Father would be able to stop Pa from getting too worried.

Just as he was grumbling to himself, the door cracked open.

"Hello, Your Highness."

3