3.14
136 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Victor sat next to Will. Three days have passed since getting acquainted with Will, and Victor had to say, it was really hard to get close to the little guy. At most, Victor could get Will to say a few words to him. He had also been helping Nile with gaining power inside the castle little by little, although Mark did most of the work.

He had spent some time getting information about Lucius and he had to give it up for him. Lucius was much calmer in the situation than what he would've expected, especially considering that he was just kidnapped. But, Victor also knew that Ray wasn't going to hurt Lucius, he had no reason to. And with Ray trying to save Lucius from whatever situation it was, that at least meant that it involved the Blaxe family.

Although Victor had always known that that family was fishy, he still didn't expect them to do something so crazy. But because they hadn't done a big move yet, Victor wasn't able to get the evidence needed to actually finalize his attack. Well, it was better since Allen already knew most of what was going on, but his situation was also like Victor's.

As Victor sat beside Will, whom was silently putting a rather complex puzzle together, Will looked at him.

Will's eyes were dull and lifeless, they also looked like the eyes you would see on someone who had gone through many battles and wars, that was what made Victor feel odd. Although Will wasn't old, his eyes told that he was mentally older than what his small body looked like.

"Your Highness?" Victor asked, a grin on his face and his expression beaming. A face like this would make almost any child drop their wary and coldness, but Will wasn't tricked by such actions like this. "Is there something you need help with?"

Will looked at Victor for a while before he opened up his mouth. "You aren't a citizen of Y Nation. You're also not a soldier." His words were direct, as if he was sure about his answer, like he had known for a while now.

Victor didn't waver though, what kind of person would he be to suddenly get scared. He was already used to these situations. He merely kept smiling as he replied, "Your Highness, I really am though."

Will looked at Victor rather coldly and Victor was suddenly reminded about Mark. Those cold eyes and expressionless face was very much like Mark's. Then, he opened his mouth and said once more, "You aren't." As Will said this, he returned back to putting his puzzle together, putting the last piece together, completing the 1,000 piece puzzle. He had finished it in a matter of 20 minutes.

Once more, Victor merely smiled. The matter about his identity getting exposed didn't matter, because he was sure that Mark had won Nile's trust and that Will knew he wasn't going to do anything but help them. "Your Highness, how did you figure out?" Victor didn't care if he was exposing himself because this was the final step to gaining Will's trust.

With that question, Will looked at Victor. Pointing to Victor's identity card, he said, "Your card looks just like every other guard's in the castle, but, upon closer inspection, the tiny dot on Y Nation's flag is missing. Although it is one of the many dots and easy to look over, your attitude is also not like that of a guard's. A guard would not linger around for too long, and they would not ask questions about the nation and its castle. Your acting was good, and your emotions were sincere, but those points made you suspicious."

Victor was impressed with Will's analyzation because it was true. His smile only got wider, "Then do you believe that my goal is to help you and your brother?" Victor's eyes brightened as he asked this.

Will looked out the window, pondering his decisions and choices, how it would affect the future. Finally, he turned around to say, "Your purpose is to help my brother and I. Although it was suspicious, your real actions have no harm behind them. You are also sincere, else my brother would not have easily trusted and confided with your partner. Judging from your actions, your ranking is rather high because your partner shows a strong sense of protection towards you."

Victor nodded his head as he laughed, "Your Highness, I'm rather impressed. I've known from the beginning that you were different, there was always something about you that made it feel like you were searching me for clues. Alright then, since it seems like you trust me enough to talk about my identity truthfully rather then telling your brother, it means that you trust my actions too. Since this is the case, I will tell you the truth. I am not Andy Jules, I am not a soldier sent to watch over you or Prince Nile. But that doesn't mean that I wish you harm."

Victor stood up before Will, his right hand on top of his heart as he slightly bowed towards Will. "My name is Victor Sky, the eldest prince of A Nation, the alpha son of King Allen and King Consort Rain. It is a honor to finally meet you as my real identity, Prince Will, or my younger cousin." Victor finished his greeting as he stood up once again and blinked his eyes while looking at Will.

Will stood up from the chair, facing Victor's greeting unnerved. "My name is Will Rezul, the second prince of Y Nation, alpha son of King Erne and Queen Talin. Your identity is even more remarkable that I had thought, so why did you decide to come and accept a dangerous mission like this, entering Y Nation's castle?" He bowed before standing up again, pointing to the chair across from him, telling Victor to sit in it.

Victor nodded as he accepted the chair, sitting across from Will, he began speaking once more. "Well, news should have reached you. King Erne has begun an attack on A Nation. As the eldest prince, there was something I had to do beforehand. Y Nation does not know of my appearance yet, so I decided to sneak into the castle as a guard. My goal is to help your brother rise to claim throne, and save your citizens from your father's foolishness."

"You want to help Nile become king...then you should know that it will be harder than simply saying those words. Although Nile has supporters, Consort Esme has many connections with the other nobles, and my father is too infatuated with Consort Esme to do anything. Consort Lani does not get involved with political affairs and his daughter is a general who also has her own powers. If you want to help my brother become king, that means that you already have a way to win the nobles to our side." Will's eyes seemed to darken as he spoke. He was clearly only 10, but he was too mature.

"I do. Consort Lani does not care for the political world, but his daughter cares very much for his safety. She is hard-headed, but very powerful and daring. If she is on our side, she will be able to help with gaining the support of the military aid. We should also work on getting the citizen's support because as of now, the citizens are in an uproar. The nobles wouldn't be hard to convince."

"Since King Erne has done a stupid move of waging war upon A Nation, then I am sure that most of the nobles have become to scared to support him. Although Consort Esme has connections, she was once a normal girl, and she won't be able to understand that even though it seems like she has power in her hand, it only comes from King Erne." Victor stopped for a second, watching the gears turn within Will's head. "Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"If you are the eldest prince of A Nation, who is your partner?" Will's voice got more confused as he asked this.

Victor couldn't help it as a warm feeling blossomed inside his heart. Smiling, his eyes shone with love as he muttered, "My partner is the one and only, General Mark Stephens."

Will's eyes widened slightly as he heard this name. General Mark Stephens, who hadn't heard of that name?

.

.

.

Mark stiffened slightly as he stood outside the door, waiting for Nile to finish his meeting with the Duke's son. It haws been two days since he saw Victor, and he was missing him. He missed his beautiful smile, the carefree glimmer within his eyes, his voice that held only joy within it. Victor was special, he was a one and only in this world. Although he was so carefree, so easy to get along with, he had a stormy side to him that made him even more likable. It was clear that he wasn't harsh with everything, but he also had a tough side to him. That was what made Mark love him even more.

With one hand covering his pulsating heart, he couldn't help the warm smile that appeared on his cold face, like the feeling of sunshine in the harsh winter. Honestly, as he spent more and more time with Victor, it felt like he was changing, like his frozen heart was slowly thawing and melting. It wasn't bad, and Mark did like it. There was something about Victor that felt familiar, a feeling of home, like he had known this feeling one too many times. And although he couldn't put it into words, everything felt right when he was by Victor's side and that was what he loved.

It wasn't easy to say, feelings sometimes aren't easy to put into words. But, the image of Victor always interlaced with a different image. Although he didn't know what or who it was, his heart seemed used to it.

The feeling of Victor, the way it made him so comfortable beside Victor, it felt normal. Imagining a life with Victor, it was something he had done before, and it did feel nice.

If he could be with Victor, how great would everything be?

[Male lead's love meter is at 65%.]

3