Chapter 2: New Era
73 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Great One approaches the corpse of the old lady. He reaches his bony hand at the chest of the corpse and his hand penetrate the old lady’s flesh without damaging it and when he take out his hand a flickering blue fire is now in his hand.

“Your stories and strong faith help in my recovery. Once I find a suitable vessel for you I will resurrect you.”

He stores the soul somewhere with space magic and after that he stares at the young man kneeling in front of him.

“You’re still alive only because what you said is interesting. I understand why my worshipers’ faith weakens and abandon me but what I cannot understand is why they deliberately hide the fact that they once served me fearing that someone will discover it.”

“My lord in this kingdom any faith aside from the three major religions is considered to be heretic. Anyone discovered to be worshiping other deities are all put to death even if that someone is a king”. The young man answered not daring to even try to look at the God before him.

“So there are only three Gods in this era. Who are they?”

“The Goddess of Light and Dark, The Origin and End, The Mother of Life and Death, Goddess Selena”

“The God Mana, Creator of Ether Lines, Source of Spells, God Zarathul”

“The God of Heroes, Overseer of Battles, Selector of Victor, God Arthur”

“These are the three Gods of the major religion but there are other Gods aside from them the God of Dragons Kirra, the World Tree Faris, the God of Craftsmanship Gray, God of Beast Maou and the World Serpent Levi.

When the Great One heard some names of the Gods and their domain he cannot help but laugh loudly.

“Hahahahahahahaha”

“To think the coward and thieves will be the one to prevail in this era how laughable but Kirra and Farris surviving and ascending is of course a given the talent of those two is enviable.”

‘Some even tried to steal my domain maybe that is one of the reasons why I did not recover much, are the Gods of this era so strong that they could do that to me. But to think that they forcefully tried to attain a domain with just the power of faith so foolish.

The young man cannot help but sweat coldly when he heard that the Gods has just been insulted even though the one who insulted them is comparable to those Gods it is already engraved to anyone who lives in this era that Gods are all powerful and cannot be insulted.

“If worshipping other Gods leads to death then how come you tried to find me.”

“It’s because of your greatness my lord when I learn your feats and domain I cannot help but think that your power exceeds the other Gods. Only with the protection of a powerful God can a kingdom prosper and be freed from the tyranny of others, the kingdom of Caro is just a vassal of the Holy Empire of Selena but if you will guide us my lord then we can escape their clutches.”

The Great one ponders for a moment what benefits faith will bring to him at the moment.

“I don’t need followers now that I am awake so I have no reason to help you. I already heard what I want to know so good luck to you.” After telling his decision he cast teleport and leaves the cave where he resides for centuries.

The young man felt dejected when he heard the first half of what the Great One said but when he heard the other half he cannot help but feel unexplained happiness. A mark of a snake devouring the sun slowly appears on the top his hand.

“Did I just become a Chosen? Even if you don’t need followers anymore my lord I will still give it to you my lord, because that is the only way I can think of repaying you with the priceless gift you just gave me.” The young man promise while caressing the mark on his hand.

Standing on a cliff looking at the vast forest below is a skeleton draped in cloak suddenly remember something.

‘I think I just accidentally blessed a mortal but I shouldn’t worry too much about it, he will not even be able to do much with such a weak blessing anyway’

“I can taste and feel a strong mana of nature in the South. I think I should visit someone I’m familiar with, Farris let me see how much you’ve grown.” He cast levitate and started going southward.

In a camp somewhere in the forest there are shocks and clamors.

“Is this really the witch who caused the plagued?”

“Do you think I will lie about this, my companions died just to hunt this witch and all you gave to me is doubt.

“No it’s not like tha-“

“We even found her lair that is why we suffered such a fate if you want to check my testimony then go to cave west from here. I don’t need the reward you can just send it to the family of my companions divided equally. I am tired so I will now rest”

The young man headed to one of the tents when suddenly an old man suddenly approaches him.

“Young master with this feat you are getting closer to victory you subdued the witch without the aid of your noble bloodline and just a bunch of hunters.”

“This is not just what I get”

“What did you attain young master is it more important than hunting the witch”

“Of course it is but I will not tell you for now what it is all I can tell you is that it is powerful enough for me to even covet the throne”

“Re-really”

Week past….

In the mansion of Wright family Marquis Richard stood before the candidates who are picked to fight for the heir position.

“Only four has been chosen to remain and continue the fight for the heir position. Only those who are skilled have the right to lead in our family no matter whether you’re from the main or branch family. Stand beside me if you’ve been called.”

“Dillan Wright, you have been able to strike a good deal with the Golden Alliance so you are chosen.”

“Tiffany Wright, your promotion to be the captain of the 3rd Division of the royal guard gets you a chance.”

“Gerald Wright, you winning the championship at the competition of 48th Grand Sword Battle also wins you the right to participate on the battle for the heir position.”

“Lastly Edward Wright, you are the only one who did not focus on one achievement but tried to accumulate a lot of different feats in a year; saving the third prince from assassination, killing the mountain king, convincing the Sword Hero Eric to accept you under his tutelage, and lastly hunting the witch of the dark forest. Just one of these is enough so of course you are qualified”

All of the candidates stand beside the Marquis waiting for the next instruction.

“As I said prowess is valued in our family so only the winner of the fight of you four that will be done three days from now will be considered the next heir. You may pick someone to fight for you in this fight because having someone strong to obey you is also a skill. I hope no one disappoints the family.”

After the Marquis finish giving instruction what Edward thinks at the moment is that the fight is pointless.

‘With me being a Chosen there is no way I will lose this fight’

3