Chapter 3: A Dragneel
62 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A cloaked person is walking in the forest

“Is the end of this maze still not near? It’s now getting boring memorizing the correct path.”

The person who is grumbling about the maze created by someone to protect something is the Great One Nozoth.

“If it not for the reason of garnering wariness from the one who created this I would have long destroyed this maze”

The Great Nozoth has wandered this place for as long as five days. He’s only been trapped in the maze for the reason of curiosity, when he saw that a part of the forest is being protected by a complicated spell he become curious of what is at the end of it. If it not for that reason he would have long meet Farris by ignoring this place.

“Ah started from the start again!”

In a hut somewhere in the forest an old man with pointed ears is looking at a cloaked person getting angry from something through a mirror.

“Why are you so stubborn? I know you know that every time you restarted the exit is just behind you so why don’t you just leave!

The old man sees from the mirror that the cloaked person started traversing the maze again.     

“With his pace in a few days he will be able to complete a feat no has ever been able to do”

2 days later….

A portal is swirling in front of Nozoth.

“Finally the end this damned place”

He did not even hesitate to enter the said portal.

“Is this it just a hut not even a villa? Such complicated spell formation and all it protects is a shabby hut”

Someone opened the door of the hut and come out of it.

“Don’t call it shabby lich, don’t you know it is hard to build even one”

“Oh... A dragneel, now that is something worthy of being protected by such a complicated spell.”

*Boom*

When the old man realizes that the lich before him knows what he is he did not hesitate to cast a spell strong enough to destroy a lich body and soul.

“Your kind are really powerful, to be able to cast a spell of such caliber without the need of chant and almost instantly makes you one of the best race.”

“H-how”

“Don’t be surprised it just means that you are weaker than me”

The old man is surprised that the spell he cast did not even do any damage but that did not stop him of wanting to kill the lich. So he started to cast a stronger spell. Magic circle started appearing on his back and at the front of his palm.

“Tier 10 spell huh… not enough but I won’t let you”

*Snap*

The magic circles instantly crumble and tendrils suddenly appear to hold the limbs of the old man and suck his power.

“Who are you? You cannot be just a normal lich”

“Do not compare me to mages who cannot accept that their life is finite. I am something unfathomable but let me give one of the things they describe me, Primordial Horror.”

“Are you going to kill me?”

“The real reason why they want your kind to die is because they fear the ability and potential a dragneel possess specifically the gods, they are the one who spreads that dragneels are beings that do not have the right to live and now after millenniums it become a custom. But you see I am not afraid of you or what you may become in the future“

“What are you going to do to me?”

“Let me tell you a story. In the past there is one dragneel who manage to become a demi-god, he did not know at first that he can fight the gods even though he is not one until one day when he met a god who dares to insult someone dear to him. He fought the god knowing that he could die in the battle but surprisingly he won and killed a god that day. That is when he realizes that he has a power enough to kill a being supposedly more powerful than him. With that realization the dragneel planned a plot to kill several gods and ascend to be god who has the domain of being a Godslayer. He has been able to kill several gods and only the ascension remains but you see a High god did not like what he have done so in the end he failed and died.”

“That story did not answer my question”

“You see that abandoned servant of mine only did that because he wanted to return to me with an achievement worthy of being my servant.”

The old man cannot help but be surprised that someone so great is just a servant of the one who is before him.

“Are you sure that dragneel did not planned to be a Godslayer so he can have his revenge of being abandoned.”

“Don’t insult him.”

“So are you offering me to be your servant? If so I would rather die than serve someone.”

“No, and if you really think that living is not worth it then you wouldn’t have live for centuries in poverty and hiding and already abandon the hope that someday you will be able to live a normal life.”     

“…”

“When I heard the news that my servant failed I make sure I will be able to salvage his soul and vow that I will revive him. But in order to revive him I need a live dragneel so I search everywhere and even force a group of dragon and elves to mate and make me a dragneel but in the end all of it failed. Until I met you, with your body I will be able to revive him.”

The old man becomes flustered with what he just heard.

“I thought you are not going to kill me.”

“I did not say I will not kill you what I said is that I am not afraid of you.”

The old dragneel struggles wanting to escape from this place.

“N-no please don’t kill me I-I can be your slave if you want just please don’t kill me.”

Nozoth approaches the old dragneel and put his bony hand on his face.

“Don’t be scared I will asure you that it will not hurt that much”

“Aghhhhhh!”

Nozoth summon different tools and started in slicing and fixing the body in front of him. The process is full scream, blood and begging. It goes on for a few hours. He did not stop until he sees the face and body structure of his servant. A few more hours past and now a small child float in front of him.

“Now the soul is the only thing lacking”

Nozoth reaches his hand on an empty space when suddenly a blue fire appears on his hand. He inserted the blue fire on the chest of the small child and a reaction occurs. The child slowly opened his eyes.

“Where am I? Who are you?” the child ask the one in front of him and extended his mana to observe his surroundings.

“It is successful”

“Master is that you? Yo-your body your body what happened to your sacred body! Who did this to you? They should die a thousand times for what they did to you master. Tell me master and I will punish them.”

“Do you remember how you die?”

“My lord you shouldn’t think about me but your bo-“

 The newly reborn dragneel memories suddenly return to him.

“Yes… I do. The High goddess Atherina intervened and then I fail in my ascension. Will you still accept me even though I failed my lord?”

“Will I revive you if I don’t? The moment you fought the god of feast just because he insulted me have already absolved you from your sins. So let me ask you this will you serve me once again Noah?”

When Noah heard what his master just said he cannot help but burst into tears of joy. He clenched his fist and put it in his chest and then kneels.

“It is my honor to serve you once again my lord”

3