Chapter 4: Chosen
78 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nozoth and Noah entered the shabby hut of the now dead old dragneel. The inside of it do not have anything special about it, all of the furniture are made of wood and the utensils use for cooking are all worn out showing that the one who lives here are did not live in luxury. The only thing that caught the attention of both is the out of place mirror adorned by beautiful jewels.

“An Epic rated artifact”

“What can this mirror do my lord?”

Nozoth injected his mana in mirror. After what he did information on how to use the mirror appeared in his mind. The mirror is called Scrying Mirror and it can let its user see anything within 2 kilometers radius without hindrance.

“It can make me see places that are far from me”

“Eh then it doesn’t seem that useful my lord. There is nothing you can’t see in this world with your all seeing eye.”

“Don’t overpraise me I do not have that kind of divinity. But this mirror will be more useful once I change some things on it.”

Nozoth make some changes to the Scrying Mirror but he did not stop at just that he also makes some changes to the maze of the forest.  After that he decided to continue his postponed journey but now with a companion, Noah.

“Why did you leave a Legend-rated artifact at that place my lord?”

“It is a reward for the one who can finish that maze” 

Back at the Caro kingdom the battle for the next head of the Wright family is drawing near. Edward is standing in front of a mirror fixing his clothes with his butler at his side.

“Young master are you really not going to ask the prince and your teacher for some help?”

“Darson, I am not asking for their help because I don’t need one “

“What if you lose young master? All your siblings are all strong in their own right and cannot be underestimated.”

Edward stop at fixing his clothes and look at Darson seriously.

“The only way I can make sure that I will win the fight is me fighting my sibling myself.”

 After a while Edward hires a carriage to bring him to the house of the Sword Hero Eric. When he reaches the house of his teacher he saw that Eric is practicing his swordsmanship in the backyard. Edward watches for a while the mesmerizing swordsmanship. When the hero finishes his training he looked at his student and asks.

“Are you here to ask me to substitute for you in the fight for your family’s next head?”

“No teacher, I am here to ask for your guidance in the next three days for me to get familiar in my newly acquired skills.”

“Will you not regret this decision even if you lose?”

“No teacher.”

Eric looks at the eyes of Edward and saw that he is really confident. Eric suddenly smiles and teases his student a bit.

“Why are you so serious? Where is that cheerful character you once use?”

Edward smile faintly and said to his teacher.

“That character is not effective on you teacher.”

Eric laughs when he heard that answer.

“I will make sure that you will be in shape before the competition so do not expect me to be lenient on you.”

Edward trains with his teacher for the next few days until the d-day of the competition arrive.

“When I visit you again teacher I will already be a Marquis”

“I know you will”

Edward waves his hand as a farewell before riding the carriage and goes to the venue of the battle.

“I do not know how you got your new ability but I think given more time you will definitely surpass me by leaps and bound. The Sword Hero said while looking at his bandaged arm.

In the battle arena the three siblings of Edward is talking with each other.

“Don’t you think you should just surrender sister, With an A-rank adventurer that the Golden alliance hired for me I am sure I will win my fight with you.”

 “A knight don’t surrender a fight they haven’t done yet”

“Hah if both of you doesn’t realize yet the one we should surrender to is Sir Eric, if our brother is successful in convincing him to be his substitute then a fight will be pointless.”

“I heard that for the last three days he did not leave the house of Sir Eric just to beg him.”

“A man should be like that, if he wants something then he should work hard for it. Not like someone here who just order people around to do everything for him”

A servant suddenly came to them running.

“Young masters your brother now here.”

Edward came down of the carriage and greeted his family.

“Sorry if I am late I cannot sleep early that’s why I woke up late.”

“That is fine you are here now. Where is Sir Eric we should pay our respect for him.” Marquis Richard replied to him.

“Teacher cannot come to watch the competition because he doesn’t want people to see him wounded”

“Then the one who will fight is you”

”That’s right”

When they heard what Edward just said they cannot help but be shock.

“Hahahahaha, so you failed in convincing him. I thought I will be forced to surrender without even putting up a fight but the Goddess is giving me chance.” Gerald cannot help but mock his brother because of happiness.

“Of course teacher did not reject me in the first place I did not even ask him”

“If you say so” Gerald said clearly showing that he did not believe his excuse.

Once they finish talking the participants all now prepared all prepared for their battle. The first battle will be between Edward and Gerald. When both of them entered the stage people suddenly become tense. The vibe they are emitting feels suffocating.

“Don’t worry brother I will not beat you that much as a respect for Sir Eric.”

“Even without your promise brother I already know that you won’t beat me much, because I will not give you any chance to fight back.”

The referee then comes between them and said to them the rules of the battle.

“Touching anything outside of the stage, surrendering, and losing consciousness means you lose. But killing your opponent will disqualify you and be punished of banishment, but you don’t need to hold back your power that much a priest is here with us. Now go to your positions.”

“Fight!”

Gerald is the first one to make his move. He charged directly to Edward to shorten the distance between them. Edward did not react to this and seemingly provoking his brother by holding his sword loosely. When only 1 meter remains Gerald stop and take the form of hacking Edward.

“Haah”

Then suddenly he just froze. He cannot move his body because he feels scared and paralyzed. A giant eyeball suddenly appeared before him out of nowhere. It started from one then tens to hundreds until it became thousands but it did not just stop there, mouths with sharp teeth appeared at the cracks that formed at the sky and leeches started crawling at his feet.

The people do not understand why does Gerald suddenly stop but maybe if they are also seeing what can Gerald see right now they might have already fainted from horror. Edward knows why his brother suddenly stops and that is the moment he is waiting for.

*Slash* *Slash*

Edward continuously wounded his frozen brother before the audience that is watching their fight. Gerald did not show any sign of pain in his face. The audience felt shock that Gerald is not doing anything and just let his brother to wound him. When Edward finishes making a mess out of his brother he suddenly grabs Gerald and throws him out of the stage.

“I won so declare it Mr. Referee”

“Ye-Yes Young Master Edward won the battle against Young Master Gerald!”

Gerald did not realize what he just saw is nothing but an illusion until he saw that he is already outside of the stage and lost the battle.

“If that is really just an illusion then I would have known. That is not just a mere visual trick.” Gerald blurted weakly to himself before passing out.”  

        

2