Chapter 1 ” The 2nd chance i didnt want”
2.2k 0 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ughh" I groaned as I opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was a blurry green, but that's not possible. I was in the middle of a desert, how could It be green? I tried to sit up to look around, but my body didn't respond right. Nothing feels right... I bring up my hands to rub my eyes, that doesn't feel right either or look it. Why are my hands so white? I start rubbing at my eyes so I can see clearly.

"What The HELL!?!" At least that's what I thought I said, but all I heard was a high pitched yelp. There are animal paws in front of my eyes. I tried to get away from them and they and pushed out in front of me and I can see the legs of the animal extending out from my chest. I look down to try and see it, but all I see is a chest covered in white fur... "Hold on, it cant be, can it?" Now that I'm paying attention and wide awake I notice that a small snout is extending from my face. I move my tongue around my mouth and man is that weird. I feel sharp teeth and the shape of my mouth is wrong. I open my mouth and push out my tongue, I can see it come out of my mouth. I move it up and accidently lick my nose which sends a chill throughout my body.

"Jesus Christ." I swear, but all I hear is a yelp again. I let my head flop back down on to the grass and let out a deep sigh. Ever time I talk I let out little yelps. I figure I shouldn't be making so much noise. I mean I don't even know where I am or what's happening. 'How did this even happen?' I think to myself...

'Did I die?' it's the only thing I can think is possible, or a mad scientist found me asleep in the middle of the desert, kidnapped me, then some how put me in the body of a... ? 'What am I? A dog? A wolf?' I try to bark, and a high pitched yelp comes out again. 'Right, well that was dumb. didn't I just say to myself not to make more noise? idiot'. Well i'm a puppy I guess. 'Let's try and move'.

I experiment moving my limbs and body trying to get used to my new muscles. At least it takes my mind off of things for awhile. I have no idea how long I've been doing this now, but I feel its time to try and stand up. I roll over so that my legs are under me and push up. Its actually not that hard. My head barely comes above the grass... I'm definitely a puppy. I look around myself. I'm in a clearing. To my right is a pond? a lake? I don't know, everywhere else is tree's and bushes.

'So.. if I died then came back to life as a pup, then why am I alone?' Wolves and dogs are pack animals and very protective of their young. Yet, I'm alone. Some things never change. And why can I remember my past life? So many questions, but one is more important then the others. I start to walk towards the edge of the water. Its a little weird at first, but its seems I may have some new instincts for controlling my new body.

I sit down at the edge of the water. I look out over the pond/lake. I can see a stream feeding into it. The only thing going through my head is... 'Why?' 'Why?' 'Why?' Brought back to life as a dog with the memories of being human. Memories I would do anything not to have. Now that I think about it I'm most likely a wolf, a white wolf if my white fur is anything to go off of. I wonder what country I'm in. If its a wildlife preserve I should be safe from humans, but I'm a pup alone in the middle of who knows where. Maybe I should stay here, maybe I just wandered off from the den and the other wolves will come looking for me. I have no idea what I should do.

I am thirsty though. I bring my head down to the water and sniff, I have no clue how to tell if its safe to drink or not. So I just start to lick at it. Man, drinking as a dog, I mean wolf, isn't easy. "Sigh" I breath out heavily as I sit back. 'Things would be so much simpler if I was a huma-' "Ahhhhhh!!!" All I felt was pain, pain everywhere. Then I passed out.

33