Chapter 25 “Who is she?”
1.1k 10 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[POV Faye]

 

Its been a day since I agreed to go with them. Yuna has been asleep in my arms the entire time. She has been talking in her sleep a lot. One time it sounded like.. music maybe? She was mumbling "Livi__ ea_y, living free ------ ticket on a one-way ride." She stopped and then added "Highway t-" and had smile on her face and hugged me in her sleep. The other stuff she said I couldn't understand at all, but some of it was concerning. I'm pretty sure she was having nightmares at one point, but when I held her it seemed to calm her down. I hope she is okay.

We're in the wagon with Amicia. She is letting us use the small bed. I told her we would be fine on the floor, but she insisted. I haven't slept on a bed since I became a slave. I had forgotten what it felt like. I thought that it would feel comfortable, but I just feel uncomfortable. Ivaldri and Amicia asked me their questions this morning. When I didn't know the answers to their first couple of questions, they shared a look then asked me to tell them everything I could about the Chrysos's and any knowledge of their activities. I told them the truth. That they attacked my village and enslaved those they did not kill. They then chose some of us and kept them in the capital and sold off the others. I don't know what they are doing with the ones they have kept. It's all I know. I have only ever met Mistress. I told them of the other villages that they had attacked while I was with them, but they didn't seem interested.

They seemed upset that I didn't actually know anything, but they haven't kicked us out. So I guess they haven't lied yet.

I really need to use the bathroom. Anytime I try to leave Yuna she whimpers and clings to me. I can't bring myself to let her go now. 

The wagon has stopped for the night. Amicia had gone outside saying she is going to help with dinner. When she came back carrying a bowl and the smell from outside drifted into the wagon, Yuna shot up out of my arms and sprinted out of the door almost knocking Amicia down on her way by. I didn't react at first, too stunned by her actions. 

"Yuna!" I called out to her. 'Did she see Amicia and get scared? But then why would she run from me?' I hurry after her ignoring Amicia. When I get outside I see five tents and a camp fire. Next to it is a table with several chairs set up. Ivaldri and three of the guards are sitting at it. Yuna is also there, but is up on the table tearing, biting into a large roast. She is devouring it with gusto. '...was she that hungry?' I run up to her and grab her shoulders and try to turn her to me. I yell at her several times but she doesn't respond and shrugs me off. Before I knew it all of the meat was gone. She has eaten all of it. I turn her around and I see that her eyes are shut.

"Yuna?" She doesn't respond. 'Is... she asleep?' When she feels me touch her, her arms wrap around me hugging me tight. It took her less then a minute to eat her weight in meat.

Everyone around the table has snapped out of their shock.

"What the hell was that!?" Ivaldri yelled out. I ignored him and examined Yuna further. I can hear Amicia coming up behind me.

"Are you awake Yuna?" I said while cupping her chin and bringing her face closer to mine. Her response was mumbled nonsense and she hugged me harder. I've heard of people sleep walking, but nothing like this. Amicia came over and went to touch Yuna's head.

"Ahhhh" Yuna's eyes opened wide and she let out a scream I felt her whole body jerk in my embrace. I jumped and yanked her out of reach of Amicia's hand.

"What did you do!?!" I yelled ready to fight her or run.

"I-I didn't do an-anything! I just went to examine her, I swear!" She cried out. She seems just as shocked as I am. I look at Yuna and at first I see fear in her eyes then confusion.

"Yuna? Are you alright? What happened?" I urgently question her.

"Ummm.. I don't know... I just felt like someone was touching me..." She looks confused. "I'm s-sorry" She said groggily. Her eyes are starting to droop down again. 'How is she still tired?'

"Yuna, are you okay?" I asked again. She was starting to slip down to the ground so I sat down with her.

"I'm okay, just a little sleepy. I'm going to.." She started to mumble then fell back asleep. Everyone just watched as this played out.

_

"Faye. Who is she?" Amicia breaks the silence. 'This is what I wanted the least.' I didn't want them asking about Yuna. I hardly even know anything. What I do know, I cant tell anyone. I chose to stay silent.

"You called her Yuna? Is that her name?" Ivaldri asked this time. Staying silent is pointless it seems. I'll just have to tell them.

"I will not answer any questions you have concerning Yuna." I inform them of where I stand. "Will this be a problem concerning the terms of our deal?" They looked at each other then said.

"Give us a moment to discuss this." Then they walked a distance away. Too far for me to listen in. They returned 15 min later.

"You can't tell us anything? Like when you met her? or how?" Amicia inquires. I think about it for a moment.. I don't see how that will hurt.

"I met her about a week ago? I think. And how? One morning she was in the back of the slave wagon with me." I tell them. The women thought about what I said.

"So just after meeting her, you decided to escape with her? Why?" Amicia asks.

"Mistress took an interest in her. I've seen Mistress take an interest in another before. I wasn't going to watch again." I say defensively.

"Was that the only reason." She asks skeptically. 'What does she want me to say?! I...'

"I...I.. It doesn't matter! Why do you want to know anyway?" I counter. She stops looking at me and starts looking at Yuna.

"Because I have my suspicions of her. Of who she is. Its just that her coloring is wrong. If she was White..." When she said that I must have reacted physically to the panic going through my mind because I saw the suspicion in her eyes shift to me. 'How could she even guess that? She must know things I don't know about White Fox-kin!'

"....If she was White, it would put us all in grave danger. She wasn't this big when you first met her either was she?" Before I could stop myself I was already shaking my head no. Amicia was muttering quietly while thinking. "I heard rumors that they had another.."

"What are we going to do?" Ivaldri asks Amicia. I'm thinking about how to get away with Yuna. The problem is not only is everyone watching us, they are close to us.

"Nothing." Amicia answers with a sigh. "It is most likely too late to do anything. We will just do as we planned to. Take them to the Capital and get the Seals removed." Then she looked back at Yuna. "Besides, while we know she is strange, it doesn't mean it is her. This silver and gold.." She broke off her train of thought. 'The moment that they remove our Seals we are getting away from these people. I can't let them figure out more.'

"I guess you're right." Ivaldri sighs. "And even if it is her, the Capital would still be the safest for us. They would not openly cause trouble there. They are far to secretive, very few even know they exist." He adds "I wouldn't even know if you hadn't told me. We would have a chance to explain things to them if they do come. If it is her."

"That may not be true.." Amicia voices some doubt. "Like I said we will just do what we planned to now. Well, new plan. Since the old one was ruined last night." She says a bit guiltily.

__

 

After the incident I had some of the soup and they cooked some more meat so I ate some of it as well when they offered. Yuna didn't get up and attack it this time, but everyone was on alert watching her.

I had to leave her at one point to use the bathroom. I tried to wake her up for her to go too, but she wouldn't budge so I left her. It was only a few minutes, but I found her whimpering and curled up into a ball when I got back. Amicia was watching her and looked like she was fighting to stop herself from coming over. I just picked her up in my arms and she held herself to me. 'So she's fine if its me touching her?' I don't know why, but this makes me happy. I take her with me back into the wagon to the bed and layed down.

 


 

[POV Yuna]

 

  I Had some weird dreams. In one of them I decided to become a Rockstar in this world. Stealing all the greatest hits from my world and claiming they were mine. I actually really like this idea. I'll need to give it some serious thought later. Plus there could be some cool side affects. Like what if i'm not the only person from my world here? Wouldn't spreading our music be the best way to contact one another? And if there isn't anyone else here now, maybe one day there will be. It would be like my mark on history in this world. If someone else came here one day and heard our music, they would know where I was from. I just like the idea. I keep hearing people say "Gods" so maybe there is a God of Rock and Roll here? You never know. My other dreams weren't as good. More like nightmares.

________

 

"Arghh!" I wake up with a gasp. My bladder feels like its going to EXPLODE! I open my eyes and realize i'm buried headfirst into boobs. 'What the Hell?' I would be panicking that I was back with Mistress, but her boobs were no where near this big. I don't know how I didn't suffocate in here. I squirm my way out and look around. 

I'm laying in a bed with Faye in my arms... I didn't notice before with her armor on, but she really did get "bigger". A lot bigger. I look around and see a bunch of chests and shelves everywhere. A desk is tucked into a corner aswell. 'Where are we?' Faye looks okay. And we don't have Collars or chains on. She doesn't have any bruises or cuts. We're also sleeping on a bed too. I can't even describe how happy I am that I was able to Heal her in time. I really thought it was too late for a moment there. But its only the beginning. Did I ever ask her how long Beast-kin live for? I'll need to.

When I got out of Faye's embrace she didn't wake up. I then headed to a door and peeked out of it. I saw five tents. Five horses, one looking familiar, and two oxen. My "Skirt" has disappeared. I'm also clean now. I have to assume Faye cleaned me up. I must have slept for awhile. Its night already. First things first. I'm going to the bathroom.

I get off of the wagon and look around. I don't see anyone, but decide to go around the wagon first then dig a hole and take care of my business. God that feels good. I'm strangely not very worried. Faye may not have had any armor on, but the bow and arrows I gave her were next to the bed. I think we are safe for now. I also don't see any guards watching over the camp. I wonder why not. I thought that was supposed to be a thing. I look up and the moons have started to shift in the sky. One is starting to overlap another.

"An eclipse?" I say out loud into relatively quiet night.. I've noticed how the night "sounds" very similar here. Just like my old world insects and everything. Its comforting. Something that feels the same. Since Faye seems safe i'm going to go for a run. I take off my shirt and put it away then I shift into my Fox form. Then take off exploring the surroundings. There is a river flowing nearby and I can see a forest on the other side.

I used to go to the beach at night in my old world and just run down along the shore in the wet sand. One time my family went to Atlantic city. We had a small little motel room made for one with three people in it. My sister and I got into a fight and my mother kicked me out. I think I was twelve at the time. I went to the beach nearby and just started running down it. I eventually stopped when I couldn't run anymore and stood still looking out over the water as the waves buried me in sand, lost in my thoughts. I had actually gotten lost. The beach all looks the same at night. I had no idea where my starting point was or even the name of the motel.

I'm now standing in front of the water watching it. I don't know how long I've been here just listening to the sounds. Watching the shapes made by the water because of rocks or pits hidden underneath. My favorite are waterfalls. I could sit at a waterfall all night. I don't know how i'm so comfortable in the body of a animal, but I won't question it. It doesn't really matter after all. I decide to look at some of the things in my status. First off what is my new Race?

[Kitsune: Spiritual beings that are born from a Wandering Soul. They are physically similar to Beast-kin, but in reverse. Kitsune are Foxes with the ability to shape shift into Fox-kin. Over time and/or with acquiring power and wisdom they will grow up to eight spirit tails. Each one representing a different aspect. The lifespan of a Kitsune is potentially limitless, but they can not reproduce. They will die to any mortal wound, the same as any other. This Race was not created by any of the Gods. It is a byproduct of the Laws of this world seeking balance in all things. It is extremely rare for one to be born.] This sounds like a curse made just for me. I sure as fuck don't want to live forever and now I also cant ever have kids? 'Oh... right. I'm a girl now.' I wasn't going to ever have kids anyway. Not unless my fears came true and i'm raped. Moving on. My "Class" now.

[Berserker: A Forbidden Class. It has very little effect on normal life activities, but in battle there is a chance of going Berserk. When Berserk, they will lose the ability to tell friend from foe and rampage, tearing their foes to shreds. During berserk, they will have substantially increased strength, dexterity and endurance. Wounds acquired while berserk will result in the Class's Regeneration ability activating. Light wounds will be healed almost instantly. Heavy wounds will take a few minutes. Fatal wounds are fatal, what is dead cant be regenerated. Class restrictions: They may not wield nor wear any type of weapon nor armor with the intent to cause harm or defend themselves. They are a berserker. The more blood they shed, theirs and/or their victims, the stronger they become. When the Berserk state fades they will lose consciousness making them vulnerable to attack. This Class became forbidden after a War that caused the extinction of a race and the Gods marked it as too dangerous to everyone involved.]

What did that laptop do? The Gods banned this class? Doesn't this just put a huge target on my back? Also i'll hurt my friends and foes? So I can't fight next to anyone anymore? What would I do if I hurt or even killed Faye? If she is being attacked and I try to defend her there is a chance I could turn around and attack her? This is far more of a curse then living forever. This is living alone. I don't know what to do. I never know what to do. What can I do? I can leave. Or I can stay. I have to make sure she gets somewhere safe.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Unbeknownst to Yuna, she was followed out of camp by a silent figure. They watched her sit by the river for hours then take off too fast for them to follow. The figure retreated back to camp. 

23