Within the city: 7
11 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Let’s see…

Whistling, he looks around from his perch, the top of a two story building. Different signs litter the streets, almost no street vendors finding purchase in the streets of this town. Apparently, the only people you could really buy from are people who already had shops. Not that he minds, but the information itself is interesting.

After a hard squint, he miraculously found what he was looking for. The barrel on the slab of wood showed that it was a place to eat, and yet the enclosure with multiple floors signified a place to rest.

He takes a whiff of the high up air as well.

...Maybe a bath too. Now, to get down.

1,

2,

3!

Jumping off the ledge he hung onto, he backflipped twice before hitting the solid road right next to Hush.

“Ha, you see that? Stuck the landing. Pretty amazing, right Hush? Hush?”

Hush was walking away.

“Hush agrees with me. Definitely.”

Yes, no words needed to be exchanged. That was how close they were as companions. Long nights under the stars and fighting back to back will do that to you. No one was as close as they were.

The issue was how to start spreading their legend.

They needed four things:

Heroes: Check

A bold, brave, and handsome leader: Check

A name: Check

A quest: No.

They needed a quest, and someone to record it. Thankfully, they were in a town, and they could get more people here. 

A hard climb to the top, huh?

Cragg was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts by hearty wood in the shape of double doors. Hush had thankfully decided to wait for him. 

“Well, what are you waiting for?” Cragg grinned. Me, obviously, but a little teasing never hurt anybody.

He had accomplished his goal admirably, being answered by his companion’s facepalm against the hard steel. It seemed wrong to call it full plate though. A breastplate combination with tail armor and a helmet, leather covering the rest.

Nodding to himself, he was almost dragged off his feet by the wondrous aroma as the doors opened. The bourbon and beer here happened to be so strong, it almost burned his nose hairs clean off, and the aging and quality of such liquor was evident. This is no watered down mead, that’s for sure. There are no doubts in his mind that it could knock out a grizzled veteran.

Thankfully he’s a hero.

The experience was so good he almost forgot that the doors did, in fact, open without him opening them.

Two drunks a gnome and human, fought rough and tumble over the lot just outside the door. It looked oddly sexual, but he attributed it to the height difference.

“What do you think you are doing, fighting outside! Those are my mugs!’

Someone, within a heartbeat, swooped in, bopped them unconscious, took the mugs, and stormed inside, slamming the door. Though the drunk songs and happy banter continued just like it should at any good bar. It would have been nice to know who it was so he could take note of them, but at the moment he was paying too much attention to the… uh… whatever it was.

Opening the doors himself this time, sound surrounded him, echoing off the walls and the fats of the food that dripped from the plates. From what he could discern from the garble, the place’s name is the Cayden’s Keg, named after the god that he worships.

The tables, save it be for a few places that would only fit one of them, were full, so Cragg’ulan, being the leader that he is, leads the way to the stools. The optimal place to both order a room and get a REAL drink.

He spoke without looking at the server, “Me and my friend have come for some real alcohol this time. A beer for me and-” he looked at Hush, who nodded, “for said friend over here.”

Without a second’s delay what can only be called a flagon in mug’s clothing was placed before them. He chuckled unconsciously, tonight would indeed be fun. As per manners, he looked up to thank the bartender-

“Is there anything else I can get you?”

-and his eyes beheld the most beautiful sight he’s ever seen in his life.

1