Spicing It Up
1.3k 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The fourth and currently last Grypha story, written near the end of 2019. So, funny story about this one, Saffron is my girlfriend's fursona. We weren't dating at the time of writing this, there were... outside forces preventing that. But everyone who read it thought we were already dating and honestly our friend group and my other partners shipped us pretty hard.

You should definitely go read her stories "Swords of Selene", its sequel "Snows of Selene", and her space opera "The Earthborn Emissary", they're all excellent and she deserves the reads and comments!

Grypha was enjoying a quiet Summer morning, a day off from work without any schoolwork to do. As she stretched, her gaze turned down to her chest, making her sigh in happy relief, before she poked it with a giggle. “16 months of growth. I really hope you babies aren’t done quite yet.” Her phone buzzed to let her know of an incoming call. It was from Mrs. Drak. She answered. “Hello?” 

“Grypha dear, I hope you’re doing well, so sorry to call you suddenly like this, but I need your help.” There was sound of traffic in the background, along with a small, familiar gasp.

“Gryphy! Hi Gryphy!!” Angie sounded excited and surprised. 

“Hi Angie! And sure Mrs. Drak, what do you need help with?” Grypha straightened herself up on the couch, smiling a little bit. 

“My job is sending me on a business trip for a couple days. I can’t take Angie with me, so I need her watched for a bit.” 

“Oh, uhm, I don’t know if I can take care of her for more than a few hours, but I’ll see what I can do.” Grypha scratched the back of her head, feeling awkward now. 

“I only need you to watch her for those hours today until the other babysitter has the space ready for her.” Mrs. Drak elaborated, which made Grypha breathe in relief.

“Okay, yeah I can watch her today.” 

“Thank you, we’ll be at your place soon.” There was the sound of a car stopping from Mrs. Drak’s side. 

“Uhm. How soon?” Grypha turned to the clock, before looking down at herself, relaxing in only a pair of panties. 

“We’re gonna be taking the elevator shortly. See you in a minute.” The call ended, sending Grypha into a desperate sprint to make herself at least a little bit presentable. 

“Shit shit shit shit shit bra bra bra fucking hooks, there we go, ughhhh dress yeah just this simple one easy. Legs through, neck through, clip the back into place with buttons. Phew.” The doorbell rang, making Grypha rush to let the Draks into the apartment building. Not three minutes later, there was a knock on her door, and the second she opened it she had to brace herself to not topple over from the impact of a young dragoness tackling her for a hug. “Oof!”

“Gryphy! Hi! I like your place!” Angie was hanging onto Grypha’s waist in a hug, her feet dangling in the air. Mrs. Drak squeezed through, dropping off a travel case. 

“Thanks Angie. Hey Mrs. Drak.” Grypha took hold of the young dragon hanging onto her, gently lifting her off and carrying her to the sofa, letting her drop on it. 

“I’m really sorry to just throw this at you suddenly, thank you so much for watching Angie. The other, more permanent sitter should show up in a couple hours.” Mrs. Drak dropped the case near the door, before striding over to give Angie a hug. “I love you Angie, see you in two days.” Angie hugged her mom back.

“See you mom.” With a headpat and a wave to her daughter, Mrs. Drak was off, leaving Grypha alone with one of her favorite folks.

“I’m going to kick your butt in Mario Kart, Gryphy!” Angie’s arms were in the air, a determined look on her face. “And then I’d like to explore your place. It looks fun.”

“There really isn’t much to explore here, Angie. Bathroom, bedroom, living room with kitchen on one side.” Grypha turned on the TV for a round of her eating dust, as she sat down on the couch and handed Angie a controller. “And some of my things are definitely not child appropriate.” 

“What things?” Angie tilted her head questioningly, which made Grypha consider her next words very carefully. 

“Uhm. Adult toys, used to help with feelings you might develop during puberty.” She hoped this would get Angie off her case and not ask further.

“Okay. Not something I would understand yet. I think Mom might have those too. There’s a box I’m not allowed in.” Angie nodded sagely, before bapping Grypha’s arm to make her focus. “Launch the game! It’s Bowser time! Rawr!”

“I got an Inkling you might be surprised that I got better over time.” 

“Not at your puns you didn’t, silly Gryphy.” Angie stuck her tongue out at Grypha, right as they started playing.

 

After a couple rounds that surprisingly resulted in a 15-8 score in favor of Angie, she needed to take a quick bathroom break. There was an audible gasp right before she exited. “Gryphy! I didn’t know Gryphies shed boobs like dragons shed scales!” She was carrying Grypha’s breastforms, which made Grypha have an expression as if someone had just passed out in front of her. 

“W-we don’t. I used to wear those. Before my body caught up to how it should have been through medicine.” 

“Ooooooh. Training weights then. Smart!” 

“Sure, yeah, training weights, let’s go with that.” There was a knock on the door. Time couldn’t have passed that fast, could it have? Grypha went over to the door, opening it, to find herself staring directly into a cleavage encased in a crop top that said Big Dyke Energy, an open leather jacket barely covering the arms, the muscles under it highly visible. The visual made her gaze wander down, witnessing the exposed rock-hard abs on the figure standing in her doorway, the sight of such perfection making her gulp. 

“Okay, Aunt Georgina definitely didn’t tell you what to expect. I’d bet that was on purpose.” The individual chuckled, bending down to look into the apartment, and to face Grypha, her piercing yellow draconic eyes full of a playful energy. Six ridges ending in black horns. The muzzle having a little bit of a beak shape to it. A smirk on her face. The stare was so intense, it turned Grypha’s cheeks a shade of red she had never reached before. The gaze turned to the side, before the saffron colored dragoness roared in laughter. “Angie! If you want a pair, I’ll give you one when you’re old enough, it’s too early for you little miss kidnapper! Put those down would you?” There was a loud pair of thuds, and the fast pitter of small feet, as a blue blur passed by Grypha, Angie yelling in excitement.

“SAFFY SAFFY SAFFY SAFFY SAFFY!!!!!” The small dragoness leapt up, intending to give the seven foot tall one a hug, but her efforts were thwarted. The buff amazon grabbed her in the air, throwing her up a bit to move her around, as she now held her like a sack of potatoes under her left arm, Angie giggling and flailing happily. The dragoness had left Grypha completely speechless. What got her to focus again was an arm, extended for a handshake. Grypha noticed the claws on the pointer and middle fingers were retracted, while the others were extended. She shook it. 

“Call me Saffron. I’m Angie’s cousin.” 

“G-Grypha. Katie Grypha. Friends call me Grypha.” She stuttered out, gulping audibly, her gaze turned away, so as to not pass out in the presence of a goddess.

“Your friends call you by your last name? Why?” 

“I. Uhm. Asked them to, in high school. It let me avoid being deadnamed without having to come out.” Admitting it felt slightly awkward, but good to let it out finally, as none of Grypha’s friends knew the true reason. The hand she found gently patting her head made her turn her gaze to Saffron’s face, an understanding smile adorning it. 

“Hurts when nobody sees that you’re a girl, I know the pain. Happy that you got to make it obvious now though.” Saffron’s smile was warm and comforting and understanding. With a few more brushes of Grypha’s hair, she went to grab Angie’s travel case. “Well, Angie, say bye bye to Grypha.” 

“Bye Gryphy!” She waved her hand at Grypha from her vantage point under Saffron’s arm. As the tall and buff dragoness turned to leave, she gave a quick little brush of Grypha’s cheek with her tail, before she used it to close the door, leaving Grypha as a non-newtonian fluid, kept solid purely from the delay between what had just happened and her brain registering it. She sauntered over to the couch, as if she had just cleared out a bar’s liquor cabinet by herself in half an hour and it was just catching up to her. A quick flop down, a long sigh, and a swift reach for her phone later, she shoot Mrs. Drak a call. 

“Is everything okay Grypha? Is Angie okay?”

“Yeah yeah, she’s fine, her cousin just picked her up. Uhm. Is there any way I could get in touch with Saffron?” There was a snort from the other side of the line.

“Called it! Your mom owes me a dinner date now. Unfortunately a platonic one, oh well. I can give you Sta--oops, Saffron’s number, sure, I’ll text it over once I can.” 

“Thank you Mrs. Drak. And uhm… is everyone in your family a woman loving woman or something?” 

“Kind of? My ex-husband’s side of the family joked that my side of the family was full of lesbian clone lizards.” There was a pause and a chuckle. “There IS that one family legend about us all being cursed to be gay. Anyways, thanks for taking care of Angie today, I’ll give you the pay for it once I’m back.” 

“Right, yeah, of course, thank you!” The call ended, Grypha put the phone down and sighed deeply again. 

“Oh god, Angie’s gonna be a heartbreaker when puberty hits for her.” Grypha rubbed her face in mock frustration, deciding to just do one of the best things you can do on a day off: Take a nap. 

 

A text notification woke Grypha from her nap. A number, and ‘Good Luck =;)’ from Mrs. Drak. Grypha never understood why she tried adding her horns to emojis, it looked kinda weird. Her finger nervously hung over the dial, the number punched in, and she took a deep breath, pressing the call button. There was an answer three seconds later. 

“Saffron’s Beef Emporium and Gun Show, we never run out of stock, girls get in free, how can I help you?” The bluntness and the way the phrase was said, as if she’d trained for a whole month, left Grypha snorting. “Ah, it’s the blushy catbird whose hand my cousin asked for in marriage.” There was a loud ‘Hi Gryphy!’ from the background, followed by a quick ‘She said no because of the age difference. Wait! You’re close in age! Saffy! Marry Gryphy!’ Angie’s bluntness and enthusiasm and commanding voice of a seven-year-old made Saffron audibly gulp on the other line before coughing. “Shushies you! We haven’t even had a coffee date yet!” 

“Uh-uhm! I was… actually calling to ask if you maybe wanna… hang out, go to the Huggamug together, I have an employee discount, get to know each other.” Grypha’s face was as bright red as a tomato, as she nervously awaited Saffron’s reply. 

“Sure. Yeah. After I’m done keeping an eye on Angie, to make sure she doesn’t rampage through the city?” Once again, there was a response from the background: ‘I wouldn’t rampage! That could hurt girls! And then they wouldn’t want to be my princesses!’ 

“Yeah, yeah that sounds good. Uhm. Is there somewhere I could text chat you on until then?” Grypha scratched the back of her head nervously.

“I’ll text you my discord tag. Nice talking to you again, little miss kittybirb.” 

“L-likewise.” Hanging up the call, Grypha deflated, the stress leaving her body, now filled with giggles. “Ohmygod I have a date with a hot dragoness.” 

Grypha was sitting at the Huggamug, nervously messing with her hair, hoping it looked nice. As per usual, her anxious butt was at the spot 15 minutes early, which let her worry about other things besides making it there. For example, if she’d make a massive fool of herself in front of Saffron. Kodi had largely left her alone, only observing from afar in case things did go bad. 

The doorbell chimed as the dragoness entered. Her outfit was much more casual today. A graphic t-shirt, proudly proclaiming ‘I eat princesses’, covering up one of the great natural monuments of our nation. Flannel tied around her waist, her tail making it hike up oddly, giving it the look of a saddle. Her outfit finished with ripped jeans and a pair of sneakers. Grypha gulped upon seeing her, only slightly sad to not see Saffron’s abs in all their glory. She waved her over, Saffron smiling the second her gaze fell on Grypha. She strode over confidently, sitting down right across from Grypha, the smile still on her face. “H-hi.” Grypha stammered out, obviously nervous even to the most oblivious of bystanders. 

“Hey there kittybird.” Saffron looked Grypha over, chuckling slightly. “I seriously hope this isn’t your first dating experience. You’re much too cute for nobody to have asked you out.” 

“It… it is. Uhm. I like your outfit?” Grypha’s nervous smile was too much to bear. 

“Thanks, I like yours too. Seriously though, first date ever?” Grypha nodded to answer Saffron, who cringed a bit at that. “Sheesh, I’m feeling sorry for you now Grypha.” 

“Well, I didn’t… look like this during High School. And nobody wanted to date a lifeless husk. It’s amazing I even made friends.” 

Saffron rolled her eyes. “Yeah, I know the feeling. Well, I had a bit too much life in me, if you know what I mean, but the end result is pretty much the same.”

“Yeah. So, uhm, we should probably order something.” Grypha pushed the menu towards Saffron. “Pick whatever, I’m paying.” 

“Well I’m not that hungry, so I guess I’ll just take the… god why do restaurants never take into account different sizes… large strawberry sundae. That’s probably the right one. So, you going to order or should I?” 

“Give Kodi like two minutes, she’s been watching how the date’s going since the place is dead right now.” Grypha gestured towards the waitress behind the counter, who gave a thumbs up. Looked like today was more of a boy day for Kodi. “You shouldn’t underestimate the large though… Heck I’d bet you might have trouble finishing it.” 

How Saffron was able to raise an eyebrow at Grypha in spite of not having eyebrows was entirely beyond the bird’s comprehension. “I’m a hundred and sixty kilos and once chugged diamond powder on a dare. I can handle it,” she said.

“Well I can’t handle carrying it over, hun, you gonna switch seats to over here or are you gonna carry it over yourself?” Kodi called out. The Sundae was built in a medium sized bowl that you’d use when baking to mix ingredients in. 

“Told you not to underestimate the Large.” Grypha giggled, visibly easing up a bit from the silly hijinks before her. 

“Okay, this is… illegal. I’m going to call the air force,” said Saffron, trying very hard not to laugh.

“We had to establish ourselves as a sovereign nation to be able to serve this, sweetheart, them flying in would be invading a foreign power.” Kodi stuck her tongue out, and pointed at the sundae again. “Seriously I risk cracking the floor and making a mess if I carry this over to your desk, help?” 

Saffron stood up, stuck out her foot-long lizard tongue at Grypha, and started flapping her way over to the counter. When she returned, she had the cauldron of ice cream, as well as the largest spoon in the kitchen to eat it with. “Now then, while I deal with this thing. Is she a friend of yours?”

“Yeah, as well as being my coworker. Is it bad to take your date to the place you work as your first date?” Grypha flashed three fingers to Kodi, who gave her a quick nod, coming over with a glass of ice tea within seconds.

“I don’t think so?” Saffron shrugged, with both her arms and her wings. “I’ve never had a job, so I wouldn’t know.”

“Okay then. So, uhm, what do you do then?” Grypha took a quick sip.

“Student. Getting my degree in Thaumatology down at South Faun.”

“Oh cool! I’m getting an English lit degree there, maybe to be an English teacher if I can’t survive by just writing. Wait did you say Thaumatology? Like real magic?” Grypha tilted her head in surprise. “I didn’t know that was a major you could take… dammit if I had known I would have taken it! Kodi gets to shift based on genderfeels, I could have speedrun transitioning with it.”  

"No no no, it's just fake magic, stage magician stuff," said Saffron, levitating another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth. “But uhhhh… do you know what a reptile is? Because I feel like this is something you should have figured out earlier.”

“Uhm, yeah, I did hear your comment while Angie was holding my falsies, but I didn’t want to be rude about why you’ve got an, uhm… an-absolutely-amazing-rack-I-wanna-nap-on.” Grypha  quickly blurted out, immediately trying to hide her blush by looking away and taking a sip.

“Thanks, it took me three weeks to get them right.” Saffron gestured towards her chest. “And as for why you didn’t hear about it… It’s an interesting major? Very small, only about two dozen people in my year, you have to pass an entire extra set of SATs just to get in, and most people who do drop out.”

“Then they would have advertised it on their site, wouldn’t they?” Grypha held her chin in thought, humming. 

Saffron did the weird brow-without-eyebrows thing again. “Um, they do. I think you just missed it. They don’t draw a ton of attention to it, so you probably just glazed over it. I only took the major because I had already been doing magic classes for three years when I graduated.”

“Right, yeah. So… is there a deeper story to why you magiced up a pair? I mean with me it’s just that puberty forgot to do it’s thing so I got pills to help with that.” Grypha was still desperately trying to avoid eye contact or staring after her nap comment.

Saffron chuckled. “Grypha, you’ve been staring at them since I walked in the friggin’ room. Do I even need to finish?” She leaned forwards, bumping against the edge of the sundae bowl. “The real question is why you’re so interested in finding out my breasts’ secret backstory.”

“I’m… just trying to find conversation topics and being awkward about it because you’re the kind of girl I…” Grypha brought the glass up to her beak, hoping to muffle herself with pretend drinking. “...fantasised about being kabedoned by and then seen as a girl and been made to obviously look like one.” 

“The fuck is a kabedon?” said Saffron, resting her hand on her chin. 

“Shoot that wasn’t quiet enough. Uhm. It’s from kabe, wall, and don, the onomatopoeia for the sound of hitting a wall. You smack a wall to close someone in. Asserting dominance.” 

“You know what, doesn’t matter.” Saffron stuck another spoonful of ice cream in her mouth, continuing.  “So I’m guessing from all of the talk about transitioning that you’re a trans girl, right?” 

“Yeah, I don’t really hide it, I mean…” Grypha pointed to her necklace, a triangle pendant with the trans symbol on it.

Saffron blinked her nictitating membrane a few times out of shock “To be fair, I am well known for being completely blind. And well… rhetorical question: if you see a seven foot tall reptile wearing jeans and a leather jacket, who has a completely flat chest and muscles like a bodybuilder, what gender are you going to think this person is?”

“...I hate that my answer is still ‘I’d assume a dude but I’d rather ask’, because of the assuming part.” Grypha turned her gaze down, slightly ashamed. 

“Well, you’d be the exception on that second part, at least where I’m from. I’m actually cis, but… well despite what certain asshats may say, it doesn’t really matter when people assume what they want to see.”

“So you gave yourself a pair to avoid being misgendered due to the whole big buff butch dragoness thing?”

“That, and it kinda completes the look, y’know?” Saffron paused, and for a little while ate her ice cream in silence. Grypha did have to agree, they did complete the look.

“It just hit me, for someone who seems like she really, really wants to get this transition thing over with, you haven’t asked me to do it for you yet.”

“Well, I did want to just get zapped and be done with it as a teen, you know, make it so nobody could deny I was a girl. But now? Now I’m kinda… really, really enjoying the slow changes. Of waking up every morning and seeing more of me in the mirror. And I haven’t gotten misgendered in weeks now, not since the legal changes, so.” Grypha smiled a bit, scratching the back of her neck awkwardly, quickly taking another sip.

“Well that’s a relief. I can’t do it anyway. I mean I could, but then I would basically own your soul and I’m way too young for that kind of responsibility.” Saffron started to scoop out another bit of the sundae, grimaced, and stopped. “So, have any hobbies?”

“Just the usual weeby escapist teen stuff you tend to pick up when you don’t get to be a girl any other way.” Grypha twiddled her thumbs. “Games, manga, anime, webcomics, you know.” 

“Oh, yeah, same. Not as much manga and anime, always too afraid of being caught and accused of being a weeb to get into those. What games have you been playing recently?” The conversation continued on from there, Grypha and Saffron spend two more hours enjoying themselves. The sundae unfortunately had melted before Saffron finished eating it. That didn’t stop her from chugging it all like a milkshake in one go though, impressing Grypha and Kodi at the same time. Unsure of the procedures, Grypha ended up giving Saffron a quick cheek peck before they went home. Grypha passed out once home, yelling into her pillow from the experience.

Thanks for reading and getting through this, if you wish to support me financially you can do so through my patreon, https://www.patreon.com/SynTheGuardian , where I post everything, including exclusive stories and chapters of my longer stories right as I finish writing them, so you don't have to stick to a weekly upload schedule of waiting.

And if you wish to chat, you can follow this link to join the discord server https://discord.gg/VDVMVrc

22