128. Lucille Yola
4k 10 126
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'The horrors of the Magic Tower should never be opened to the public. Their experiments ranged from safe to questionable and even downright illegal if done outside their territory.

'The Magic Tower operates the same as a Pseudo-Kingdom where they have their own sets of rules. They allow the use of humans to further the development of Magic, and no one in the Five Powers of the Continent says anything against them.

'Why? That's because they are the source of about 90 percent of the magical technology advancement.'

Colt recounted the history of the Magic Tower he received from the novel. As to why he was doing this pointless and drawn out explanation, it was to distract himself from the tittering of the maniacal Mages that surrounded him.

With his broken body lying flat on an operating table, in some gaudy room filled with the necessary tools to take him apart piece by piece, Colt tried his best to distract himself.

'Just keep on sleeping, Colt, do not show any form of life. They might find a reason to actually dissect you if you are awake, they will convince you with some nonsense. They are strong, and they are many. Just believe that being a Noble will save you.' He was simply hoping for the best.

"The reports said that he was inflicted with this injury last night at around 7:38. They use no tourniquet or anything to stop the flow of blood, from how big the wound, I can very well say that he should be dead of blood lost by now."

"I agree. But he has an abnormal amount of blood. The question is, does he have that amount of blood because, with his size, he doesn't."

"His vitality is abnormally strong, it's not as strong as a Dragon's, but it's not weaker than a Magical Beast, a Blazing Tiger may be an appropriate comparison specimen No. 004—let's just inspect his body. I think that would be the quickest way to do it."

'Oh shit!' Colt felt the danger from them, "Excuse me!?" he instinctively called for their attention.

With piercing eyes, Colt saw the Mage's piercing eyes. 

They were like Mina's…but different in the creepy sort of way. Ten to twenty Mages gathered around Colt like he was some newborn turtle surrounded by birds.

It didn't look pretty.

"You are finally awake! We were wondering when you'll wake, ahem, we have about twenty questions for you, can you please answer them for us?"

"Wait, wait, I'm sure I was taken here to be healed. My leg is in pain, and my body is in tatters, I'm going to die if—"

"You won't die, sir Patient." A robe-wearing lady mage said with a smile, "If you are worried about dying, do not worry, the bleeding had stopped, and when we inspected your wounds, there was no hint of infection. If we take out the part where your bone is sticking out and your arms incapacitated, you are healthier than most people."

She said those words with a smile—a very, enthusiastic smile.

With a cold expression and bullets of sweat dripping down his face, Colt swallowed his saliva, "That doesn't change the fact that I am in pain."

"But it doesn't seem like you are in pain, Sir Patient. Your eyes, speech, and overall take in such extreme conditions are too natural, you can't be in pain." 

They had a point Colt could not say anything otherwise. 

"I came here with Sir Gilbert; may I ask where he is? I need to ask him something, really, really need to talk with him for the time being."

"He's talking with the Tower Master; they have an important talk at the moment. Now, with those questions answered...can we examine your body?"

Colt shook his head with every ounce of strength he could muster, "Most definitely not!"

The Mage's smile didn't deteriorate, "Do not worry, we will be very gentle."

Colt's mind jolted as he heard the words of these Mage. He felt danger, and against all the odds, he was prepared to fight for his life, 'I'm not going down without a fight.'

Colt was ready to slap some Mages. 

Bam!

The doors suddenly opened, "Where is it!? Where is the undying man you spoke of!?"

A woman who was too well-endowed appeared above Colt. Her two weapons dangling just over, as if to tempt him into being dissected.

"Look down, you harlot."

Gilbert's voice came from the direction of the doors. Colt finally found some semblance and safety. 

'I'm safe.' Colt felt relieved. His sight was then covered by the beautiful visage of a mature woman. A bespectacled woman was presented to Colt, 'Oh, she smells good.' 

The woman pouted after inspecting Colt, "Awww, I can't dissect him. Gil, why didn't you tell me it was Mina's husband!?"

"You didn't let me finish report."

Colt could hear their words, but his attention was more of the ramblings of the Mages around him. The atmosphere became heavier at the mention of "husband" and "Mina" in one sentence.

"H-he's Colt Edgeworth? Shit! Why didn't you say anything!?"

"Shut up, you didn't say anything either."

"W-we're screwed, we are fucking screwed." 

Everyone who surrounded Colt earlier was thrown in a panic. Both old and young, no one was safe from fearing Mina's name.

"Tower Master, I'm going on a quick vacation, please, excuse me."

"Me too." "Me too." "Me too." "Me too." "Me too."

Colt heard the multiple escapes of the Mages. 

He accidentally exchanged gazes with the Tower Master and asked, "What's with them?"

"Oh, don't mind them. Mina did some questionable things to every Mage in here except for the Elders, the fear they experienced that day remain to this very day. Oh, don't think badly of Mina, she was training her Healing Magic then."

Colt could only imagine Mina using Healing Magic to break someone and heal them to get better at her craft. It sent a shiver down his spine—that was his wife, after all.

"I got him covered, do not worry. You should return, for now, Gilbert."

"I don't think I should, I need to get him back to his Manor and—"

"I'll take care of it, do not worry. I have some things I need to talk to him about."

Gilbert could only nod his head in agreement, "I shall see you later, Young Master."

Colt gave Gilbert a pleading look to not leave. But Gilbert didn't notice it, or he was ignored, rather.

"Stop giving such pitiful expression, Young Edgeworth." the Tower Master snapped her fingers and lifted Colt's body with Mana, "I'm going to fix you in my room—are those two with you?"

The Tower Master pointed at one corner of the room where Fluff and Chick were happily sleeping.

Colt was made to nod in reluctance. With another snap of the finger, the two floated up, and the three were brought to somewhere.

The Mage Tower had multiple levels, and at the highest, the 10th level was the Tower Master's room. 

There was something similar to an elevator in the Mage Tower, where a platform automatically brings up someone up.

The Tower Master did not use that and walked up the stairs. All the while doing so, her playful voice reached Colt's ears, "Do you know who I am, Young Noble? Or do you need me to introduce myself?"

"I am already aware of your identity, Tower Master. The Strongest Mage in the Kingdom and Mina's master, Lucille Yola. Mina told stories about you."

"Is that so?" Lucille smiled at his words, but then, a giggle escaped her, "Young Noble, I heard you fell for my disciple the same day that you met?"

"Yes, that is correct", Colt answered without thinking much about it. He may or may not like Mina at first sight, but he did go with it quicker than he thought.

"You don't find this, at all wrong?"

Colt was intrigued by her words, but in the end, he simply threw the idea on the back of his head, "I do not."

"You know that my disciple is a Mage, right? It is common knowledge that the Healing Element is the Goddess Light's gift to everyone after the last Hero sealed the Monsters terrorizing the Continent to replace the Light Element she took. Do you not feel at all feel something is off with your emotions?"

"What are you trying to say, Tower Master? Everyone knows I am not that bright, so can you stop being so cryptic?" Colt's patience was tested.

"What I'm saying is that the Healing Element can also interfere with the emotions like the Light Element. Do you think Mina manipulated your mind in some way? After all, do you not think it is impossible to find love at such a small time?"

Finally, Lucille's prying question reached Colt. 

She had always been worried about her student's mentality. Mina was the perfect student, she was dedicated to improving, but that dedication's source was also her weakness.

Colt didn't answer so quickly. Lucille stopped her steps as she turned to look at Colt, "It appears I was too insensitive with my words s—"

A peal of weak laughter reached Lucille's ears. Colt was smiling while looking at the Tower Master.

"You seem to be amused, Young Noble."

Colt did his best to reel his laughter, "It is me who should apologize, I'm sorry. You see, I don't know why you, Tower Master is asking, but I'll be honest, I don't really know if Mina did anything to my mind, but I can tell you that I don't really mind. She came to my side when I was at my lowest. I was afraid of her at first, and it is indeed ridiculous to hear I fell for her after a day, but it simply happened. Being manipulated is not that big a deal for this trade-off, really."

Colt remembered how just a week prior to then, he was tossed away after being fooled, 'I find her love heavier than a brick most times, she's jealous about everyone, and I even fear her sometimes, but she's also genuine and caring. She also accepted my situation, so, if being manipulated a little is the price for someone like her, I don't really mind.'

Every word had no hint of a lie.

"You are weird, Young Colt. But I supposed I can see how someone like yourself can fall for my disciple. I didn't even think you'd say those things about your future wife."

"… I'm sorry?"

"Don't mind, I already noticed that about my disciple's odd behavior. Oh yeah, you also have to add a very heavy disdain to that list, hahahaha!" Lucille laughed, "I deem you worthy of her—though that's already too late as I heard she's already expecting. Oh yeah, Healing Mages can't control or even affect emotions, though we can read them to a point."

Lucille's laughter echoed in the Mage Tower.

Lucille Yola had been with Mina since she was young. 

She did not admit it, but she feels that Mina sometimes feels like more of a daughter than a disciple.

When she heard Mina was getting engaged to someone, a wastrel no less, she felt her heart beating wildly. 

She wanted to meet him as soon as possible, but she couldn't because of various reasons. And when she finally got to mee him, Colt was in a comatose, so she didn't get the chance to talk. 

But still, after hearing his answer, she was sure that he was at least not faking it.

'Well, at least I don't have to torture him and make his existence dependent on Mina.'

126