144. When?
3.5k 12 111
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After killing every single one of the bastard Nobles, Colt and Trist marched out of the Capital.

The Knights were gallant and dignified with their march. However, a question appeared in their heads, ‘Who are these jokes and what’s with the cat?’

The gates opened, and as they stepped outside, a group of ragtag people was lined up. In front of them were, Lopre whose uniform looked more pitiful than a homeless person, Avern whose white hair reached his tail bone and radiated out of this world beauty, and a fully-armored Mary who had a serious for a change.

The fifty soldiers kneeled before Colt and the Trist, “We greet His Highness and the Prince, and Our Lord, our Master, Colt Edgeworth.”

‘Dammit, Mary and Lopre must have taught them that.’ Colt cursed inside.

Trist looked at Colt and asked him, “These are your best soldiers, really?”

“Don’t judge a book by its cover, Your Highness.” Colt playfully stated.

Colt ignored the Knights as he dismounted the Dragon Horse.

He stood before the Soldiers whose weapons were as old as and ragged as they were.

Colt looked at Lopre and asked, “Where are your trainers?”

“The Generals of the Lord Fluff chose to wander the land. They still search for those worthy enough to witness the of the Lord Fluff’s glory.”

‘Fluff did a good job brainwashing those poor things.’ He praised the cat.

He shook his head at the thought as Fluff somehow managed to jump on Colt’s shoulder with its flabby body.

It was now a comical scene where no one was allowed to laugh appeared.

Only now did everyone remember Colt Edgeworth’s other title, [Fluff Reaper]—the view of his was magnificent.

The Knights and Trist could now see how that came to be.

“Meow.” Fluff informed Colt.

“Don’t worry, your Generals are not needed for this. Lopre, we’re heading south, then east, prepare to soar!”

“Understood! SECOND CALL!”

“YES!” A response echoed, and more than half of the Squadron had a green light glow from the pendant given to them when they enlisted.

Around twenty-five different aviary Savage Beasts appeared. These beings, just like their names suggested, were savages and were hard to tame, and if this was any other place, the different species of beasts would have already ripped each other apart—these Savages lined up next to their Partners.

SCREEEEEEEEE! A cacophony of screech pierced the night skies.

The Knights’ jeering view of Colt’s Squadron disappeared.

“A Hellfire Bird, the Dragon-Scaled Hawk, Ravenous Shadow, even a Sky Terror Beast…w-what the hell are with these Beasts.” Trist was astounded at the assortment of Aviary-Beings.

Lopre did not react anything to the Prince’s amazement, and the recruits also did not say anything. They had experienced Hell under the cats of the Lord Fluff, strict discipline was instilled in their mind.

Trist was nothing; the Knights were mere ants—the only one that mattered was the approval of the one controlling the Generals and its partner.

Lopre stood straight as he gave the report, “The Savage Beasts we managed to tame are nothing but Rank-5 and below, our men are no stronger than Rank-4, and I have failed to secure a Dragon the Young Master asked of me! Please, punish me for my transgression.”

“That’s enough, have everyone prepare for our departure, carry those who have no Aerial Mounts, we travel as a group, sharpen your auras, sharpen your will, do not embarrass me!”

“YES! YOUNG MASTER!”

Everyone in Colt’s independent Squadron did what they were asked. They carried those who had no mount; this included Lopre, who was not allowed to have an Aerial Mount if it was not a Dragon.

“Your highness, are the Aerial Cavalry prepared?”

“Ah…yes, they are waiting for my signal.”

“That’s good…” Colt raised his hand, and a bird as dark as night descended from. It was the Shadow King Raven of Butler Go.

That would be shocking enough but on top of the Shadow King Raven’s head was a ball of feathers called the Chick. It was controlling the beast dozens of times bigger than it.

Colt mounted the Shadow King Raven and extended his hand, “Your Highness, join me.”

Trist accepted Colt’s extended hand. The Second Prince then watched the Chick controlling the Shadow King Raven.

“Your highness, the signal, please?”

“All right.” Trist raised the sword that was actually his medium for the spells and mana to cast a fire spell, “FLARE!”

A red ball of fire illuminated the dark skies. The Aerial Cavalry, who were mounted on Sun Flare Hawks, flew up.

The Cavalry wanted to fly side by side Colt and the Second Prince, but a weird and mysterious pressure prevented them from properly ordering their mounts. In the end, they even failed to ride side by side with Colt’s Squadron.

‘No one rides in front of the ones associated with this King or me.’ The Chick’s pride did not let them do anything it considered disrespectful.

***

The Capital the Next Day.

With the lockdown in place, no one managed to escape a trial in the early mornings. The lies, deceit, and crimes of the slain Nobles were announced to the public, and if not for the gory and detailed explanation the Knights provided the people, a massive complaint would have been filed, and a backlash may ensue.

There would be people who would feel like the Royalty acts were too barbaric and vicious, but no one would voice out such words for the punishment these Nobles committed fitted the crime.

The Nobles condemned the people involved, for if they went against what the Royals did, that would mean they support slavery. Facing scrutiny was the last of their problems.

The Throne Room…

The Nobles were gathered before the Crown Prince, Feriar.

“In Violation of the law enacted by the current King, the Nobles violated his law against possessing and encouragement. Their death shall become a warning to those who violate these laws. The Family of those caught would be stripped of their titles, and their entire fortune seized. Said wealth would be used to provide a better living for the previous caged people.…”

The one who spoke was Feriar, and as he handed over the scrolls to one of the servants, a broad smile appeared on his face, “…And all of these were achieved with the Second Prince leading the charge and the Young Master of the Colt Family assisting him. Once more, the Young Hero of the South managed to produce such a result. Another great General is rising from the ranks of the Count.

“The Young Count has been hunting the scourge of the Kingdom even before he emerged from being a carp. With the help of Trist and the Young Master’s strength, those who disobey the law shall be slain without mercy.”

Feriar praised both Colt and Trist but put all the bloody mess to the assistant.

Trist was gaining all the light while Colt gained the notoriety.

“What is happening? I thought the Young Master of the Edgeworth was competing against the other two?”

“I didn’t foresee that they’ll have such a good relationship with one another.”

“Their Fathers are friends and war veterans; it seems like we overlook it and only saw the Edgeworth bastard’s meteoric rise to prominence.”

Such words brought a smile to Feriar’s face. His usual calm and collected became even brighter as slowly, he presented the Nobles little scrolls.

These scrolls were about the size of a pinky, and each of them had a message.

Everyone was confused at first, but slowly, they came to the realization of the fact.

“These messages had been retrieved from the Messenger Hawks sent out last night. I have them seized for not a single thing must come out of the Capital, not even information.”

“Are you saying we can’t speak of this night to anyone, Your Highness? With all due respect, this case cannot be kept contained. It is simply an impossibility.” An anxious Noble stated the truth.

Feriar, however, only smiled before answering, “Fear not, for I am not stupid enough to even think of doing such a thing. I seized the messengers so that none can warn the other treacherous bastards from the culling; the Second Prince and the Young Master of the Edgeworth are on their way to pay them a visit. And as I finish reviewing these messages, I shall be able to grasp the situation of the Kingdom.”

Everyone trembled before a gentle smile. Feriar’s words were simple.

What he meant was that “If anyone is to warn anyone, then a connection can be traced, and the weeding out shall extend.”

Such is the terrifying meaning behind their words.

***

Traveling using aerial mounts was faster than on the ground; however, it still took a week to travel between states.

They only had two more known targets, and after a quick surprise visit and confirmation of what happened, Trist left three Knights to take care of the situation.

But before leaving, Trist left them a message, “I have exactly 97 eyes scattered all around the state, and 73 of them are in this city. Do something I do not approve of, and I shall have your head and your Family’s head.”

He did not need to say it to them, and he could have gotten rid of the black sheep in the Knight Order if they were to prove some heinous crimes and activities.

However, Trist wanted to prevent such activities from happening. Why endanger life if it could be saved?

Trist and Colt left for the final city; there, the Count in charge resisted.

A bloody combat ensued, but the fight ended almost instantly with the descent of the Second Prince’s troops.

There were many unnecessary deaths from the soldiers and guards of the Count was made, and Trist felt bad.

Some were injured, but no life was taken on the allies’ side.

He was ready to kill those who deserved them, but he not the innocent. Nevertheless, he steeled his heart as he decided to meet the caged children.

The Count actually had his chamber of children separated from his home and was in a villa on some mountain.

Trist followed Colt’s collected information and reached a cave. Upon entry, the cave did not provide any outstanding features.

They eventually reached a dead end, but just as everyone was about to doubt Colt, the Young Master touched the walls and pushed in a certain part of the wall.

A secret entrance opened as the wall shifted to the side.

Almost immediately, the smell of foul odor escaped the chamber, and every Knight rushed in to save the children.

Colt was the same; however, he had a hidden agenda.

He searched for one particular profile, and after searching, Colt stopped in a specific cell.

A young man with black hair around 12 years of age was hunched on the ground with limbs that resembled a twig.

Colt cut down the steel bars.

He and the slave child met eyes. Colt smiled as he whispered, “When did you reincarnate?”

The boy's eyes turned sharp.

Colt Edgeworth, the Mob of the original story, had now met the Hero of this world.

111