157. Every Follower is Creepy
3k 7 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What have you been doing, Lord Apostle? You should protect yourself as you are the most important person for us Dracian Fate believers.”

“Who are you?” was the only words Colt managed to ask the woman serving him without fail.

Colt…was without words. He was lying on a soft and luxurious bed only that Risa was drooling over in some secret of the Church. That was enough to have Colt trying to figure out what the hell happened while he was unconscious; however, something else caused him to be befuddled about the situation.

Before him, was a Nun; however, it was not Sister Mary. It was a blindfolded believer who was radiating the aura similar to that of a dog awaiting orders…she a far worse case than his Knight, Mary.

This blindfolded Nun was revealing his secret as if it was nothing…thankfully, no one who didn’t know was present.

Colt quietly turned to Sister Mary, who was standing by the door to inquire whatever was happening here. Sister Mary, in response, sighed…

“Fer, get out for now. I have something to talk about with the Apostle.”

“But…”

“Get out!”

A seemingly another uncharacteristic outburst from Sister Mary who was always calm and collected appeared. Fer was scared shitless with her roar. Thus, she left with drooping shoulders.

The only one who was left was Colt, Sister Mary, a snacking Fluff, and a slumbering Chick.

Colt felt his body had regained most of its vitality, he didn’t know who had Healing Magic but was strong enough to move.

He looked at this and confirmed everything was well, “So, how come someone else got to know of it? I thought you were going to keep it a secret, Sister? I believe in you.” Colt felt betrayed…then after saying that, he got an orange to snack on.

Sister Mary did the same and peeled one for herself as well. She slowly became calmer by the second, and after a minute, she was the Sister Mary Colt recognised.

“It is not my fault Fer got to know of your secret. Mina underwent divine intervention, and the Goddesses talked to her while Fer was observing her, you see…”

Sister Mary began narrating how everything happened to now.

The day Colt left for the Capital—in Sister Mary’s Office.

Fer was humming away as she wrapped her blindfold once more.

However, Sister Mary was sitting on her chair, waiting for Sister Fer to explain what she was doing there. Yet, Sister Fer did not speak as she waited for Sister Mary to do what she needed to.

“Are you really going to do this, to me?”

“Eph, eph, eph, you are not to talk to me like that, Older Sister may have been the previous Queen of the Valkyries, but you already relinquished that title so you must serve me as a proper Nun of the Dracian Fate. If you are to fail to do this, I can make a proper report and have them call you back to undergo training again…I heard a little rumour that you joined the Order of the Valkyrie to avoid Nun Training. Does Older Sister really want to go back because you failed to give some refreshments?”

Fer was swaying as she waited on the sofa for refreshment from Sister Mary. She was enjoying every second she could get from it as she knew that Sister Mary could blow at any moment and try to take her head.

Sister Mary was, after all, known for her hotheadedness and rash behaviour. When Fer arrived here earlier, she almost had her head cut in two, when she referred to Sister Mary as the Priestess…and when she called her the Queen of the Valkyrie, the same thing happened.

All-in-all, Sister Mary doesn’t want to hear anything from her past.

Sister Mary begrudgingly stood up from her seat and then brought out freshly extracted apple juice. Sister Mary gave it to Fer with a smile that was close to biting off Fer’s face-off…she was pissed to be treated like this.

Fer…could not see, but she could feel the anger from this apple juice, and she savoured every last drop of it, “That was refreshing in so many levels.” Sister Fer was honest with what she wanted.

As for Sister Mary, she acted as if she was a hooligan on the verge of wanting to kill Sister Fer.

Sister Mary was aware that Sister Fer was the current Queen of the Valkyries. As the Nun of the Dracian Fate, she should be respectful, fearful, even to her. However, Sister Mary simply did not give a shit.

As Sister Fer finally managed to mess with Mary, “Okay, with that out of the way, I am here because of two things…your sudden sprung into action…the Cardinals speak of your usage of Luna…”

“With how things are on the continent, they wouldn’t have sent you simply because of me using Luna, right? We’re already lacking in Valkyrie, and they would send you? What nonsense…” Sister Mary called her bluff.

Sister Fer, however, only sighed, “That’s why I said two things…ah, just listen to me for once Older Sister. The second thing on my agenda is the fact that a significant amount of Divine Energy was sensed in your area of guidance. It would have been impossible for you to not sense such a thing, and on your last report, you mention of no such thing so, I was sent here to investigate. Simply put, the Church is doubting that you may be hiding from us, an artifact, a new genius…or the Apostle, perhaps?”

Sister Mary snorted, “What nonsense are you talking about now? If I found the Apostle, I would be grovelling before him or her and licking his or her shoes clean instead of staying here. It must have some sort of divine message, after all, lunatics claiming to be Apostles appeared here trying to kill people…do you not think the Goddesses are telling you guys to finally do something?”

“You know that the Order cannot do anything like that. We only follow the Apostles of the Goddesses, we are sheep that cannot move without a shepherd.”

“And yet we are sent to kill those who stray from the path…what sheep, we are butchers who kill upon receiving orders...”

“Older Sister…” A warning came from Fer.

Mary was forced to stop her words. This conversation lasted for hours without accomplishing anything. However, while they were talking, Fer’s nose picked up something. She quickly sped away, and when Sister Mary went to follow her, she found the Nun sticking close to Mina…sniffing her while going around her.

“You smell Divine…” said Fer to Mina who just came to the Orphanage for some afternoon tea.

Everyone thought was just some weird at new recruit and paid her no much heed. However, it was then that Fer began observing Mina…

Mary warned Mina about what was happening, and just as Fer’s findings were running dry and was about to go back home, Mina inexplicably spoke to the Goddess which began for Fer to run around the Orphanage celebrating.

That would have been enough to overload her brain, but then, some weeks after, someone with a far stronger aroma arrived on her doorsteps. It was Colt, and he reeks of the smell of the Divine.

Listening to the explanation, Colt had one last question, not counting the stupidity of the Goddesses, “Is she a dog or something? How can she sniff it out of us?”

“She had been blessed since young, it’s best not to question it any further.”

Colt had a new dog, and now...he could confirm that every follower of the three were weirder than a fat cat slapping a Dragon.

83