Ch. 18 – Ivan Mehz
1.4k 0 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Indeed, but it’s great that he doesn’t want it. Is he the one who activated Favor of Life?”

——————————————————

Name: Ivan Mehz
Age: 505
Class: Undying Paladin of Light
Mana Type Gold
Affiliation: Mesozo
A.K.A: Retired Emperor of Mesozo, 1st honored of Mesozo, Monster, The Unkillable, Last Light, Old Bastard
Level: 28

Strength: S
Agility: A+
Stamina: S
Constitution: S-                                                                                                                                                                                                        Intelligence: A                                                                                                                                                                                                          Willpower: A+
Mana: S+

Passive Perks: Rejuvenate Body, Natural Warrior, Favor of Life, Area of Comfort
Skills: Grand Spear Mastery, Grand Shield Mastery, Advanced-Upper Sword Mastery, Mana Blade, Mana Shield, Sun Purge, Light Sweep, Heal, Mass Heal, Domain of Life, Domain of Death, Last Light, Mana Wings, Mana Stealth, Resurgence Mana Technique

——————————————————

‘Fuckin hell this is him?’

Lookin at his status shocked me, this is the first time I’ve seen multiple S ranked stats on one board.

Ivan Mehz looked far from old, he looked like he was in his forties at the most. Standing at my height he looked light skinned with pure black hair, black beard and golden eyes. His hair was straight instead of curly like Layla’s reaching his neck. He wore light platinum like armor with a black mantled cloak on that reached his shins, with a black waist sash that had the Mehz family symbol in the front.

‘Grand Spear Mastery, Grand Shield Mastery? Seems there are more heights to reach.’

“Yes Grandpa, I told you while I was handling paper work, a gold shining trail appeared, and led me right to him while he was being scanned by the Sendai Clan’s Identifier.”

“Hmm although I trust your and Eiichi’s judgement, I’d like to see for myself at our Identifier.”

Although this was a good chance to possibly shock one of the strongest in the world the way I did the others. I felt this would be the perfect opportunity....

“I would rather us duel first.”

Layla and Ivan both turned around with a surprised look. An unawakened wants too spar the worlds greatest? Not to mention if you haven’t noticed spars are full on fights, your liable to lose an arm, leg, chunk of your torso, hell, if they had revive, possibly your life.

“Uhhhhmmm are you sure Fazil?”

Layla who had a nervous look on her face was trying to ease me out of it. While Ivan had a straight face indicating it was my call. The craziest thing about this culture was that anybody could challenge anyone to a duel, literally. If you were an Emperor you could get challenged by a peasant.

“Yeah, I’m sure, it’s a great way to gauge the summit.”

Ivan cracked a smile when I said that.

“Hehe then don’t blame me for showing an unawakened their pla-“

“Claaaang”

‘Shit, as fast as I thought.’

I charged Ivan first, mainly because if you’re gonna get beat the fuck up, it’s best if it’s done on your terms. Plus I wanted to see if I could raise my sword mastery faster by fighting stronger people. Ivan was currently carrying around a sword even though he was basically a grand master of the spear.

After easily deflecting my straightforward sword thrust, he made a quick vertical motion followed by a horizontal slash.

“Clannnnngg claaaaangg”

I successfully blocked but not without consequence, my hand was numb to the point where I couldn’t feel my hand at all. And literally try to stop myself from sliding across the hall.

‘S ranked strength is crazy’

——————————————————

<Intermediate-Lower Sword Mastery: 100%......
Intermediate-Upper Sword Mastery: 100%>

——————————————————

‘From just two swings my understanding has grown, is it because I’m fighting him or because I’m just fighting only using the sword.’

“Eyes on the battle.”
“Feoooosshh”

Ivan used his mana wings to speed straight to me in a fast spinning motion, making it difficult to follow his sword even with the overpowered perk.

“Claaaaang kliiick claaang”

I guess due to my luck I was able to block the first strike, then he kicked the blade of my sword while still in mid air sending me sliding once again across the ornate hall. Soon after he immediately closed the distance sending a controlled overhead strike, that sent me down to one knee.

——————————————————

<Advanced-Lower Sword Mastery: 100%...
Advanced-Upper Sword Mastery: 20%..>

——————————————————

“Are you done?”

‘I think my knee is broken.. fucking hell’

“Continue”

We continued to exchange for like 2 more minutes, ultimately stopping due to Layla getting pissed. I broke my knee, shattered my forearm, and dislocated my shoulder with a snapped clavicle bone. Layla healed me up in about a minute saying my bones are rather tougher than usual.

“Most people’s arms would’ve torn off due to blocking Grandpa, even Eiichi chooses to dodge if they duel. How is your body so dense?”

Layla who completely healed me already was squeezing my muscles.

‘Alright I get it already you want my seed.’

After standing up I noticed my shirt was turned to rags showing my ripped body.

“Well fuck, this was my only shirt.”

“Here, I had someone bring this during the fight.”

Layla tossed me a black shirt that had ornate patterns with silk sewed in giving the black pattern a shine in the sun.

“It’s just the twin moon pattern not a rune of enslavement hahahaa”

‘The fuck they have that??’

“For an unawakened he is oddly strong.. I’d still like to see for myself what you possess”

‘Everybody and they momma want to see my status but if I say any of their skills out loud it’s the death penalty.. what type of shit is that.’

Everybody is open to showing their skills at an unawakened stage to get exposure to better situations, plus at this stage, nobody had gotten all their skills flushed out yet. These were things I had yet to understand. Being an adventurer seemed great, but really you have to travel where the jobs take you and also be a detective in some situations. For people with regular stats and skills the job can be a pain. Making most people wanting nobles or someone of a high position to look at their status for even the smallest hop in the social ladder.

“Alright, now please Fazil step on the gold plate”

The Mehz’ Identifier room was wayyyy more pristine and shiny, almost like someone cleaned every crevice of this golden and platinum room.

‘Here we go again..’

I stepped onto the plate...

49