Ch. 23 – Revive Me!
1.2k 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sten we just regained momentum why pull back?”

“Simple...... that big fucker over there hasn’t moved an inch, he’s playing us, but I don’t know what for..”

The gigantic behemoth was completely stationary, it didn’t move nor react even to Sten’s incredible display of power.

Once everyone realized that, their skin crawled.

“Maybe we should fall back for now”
“Yeah, seems logical”
“Won’t debate that.”

Everyone backed up following Sten’s order, the only crazy thing is, so did the behemoths. They all went back under the sea as if they lived there. It was widely known that the behemoths mainly lived on another continent that was far from the arch-humans. Absurdly large boats that went across the wide ocean with ease, but they never showed themselves swimming until now.

Sten and the group of warriors were dumbfounded..

“.....was this a diversion?..... !!!! SOMEONE CONTACT VALI”

*

Maso City Palace

‘I read for a day and a half..’

<Complete Enchanting Mastery: 100%>

“I think I’ve had my fill for reading for a while....”

Celeste who was also in the crafting area turned around.

“You literally didn’t move for about two days, aren’t you hungry? Thirsty even?”

I chuckled

“Hah, nah”

‘Evolutionary body is insane that’s why.’

Celeste shook her head and gave a sly smile.

“Must be one of your passive perks then..”

“............”

‘Hop all the way off my meat please.’

The entire time I was here in the crafting room she was being nosy as shit. Constantly asking me about my skills. I thought this was taboo in their culture.

Shaking my head while I got up to stretch, I see another book start floating towards me.

“Here is the rune book as well.”

The rune book was much smaller and seemed to have less information in it. Which caught me off guard when I flipped through the pages.

“Why does the rune book have less information?”

“Simple, runes are much easier to use and highly accessible. All you need really is a special mana-touched stone called Lapis, and maybe a bit of blood for... things.”

‘Wasn’t that the name of a stone back on earth?’

The more time I spent on this planet, I realized some things were alike in certain situations.

“I’m going to guess the blood is for special situations.”

Celeste nodded her head and turned back towards her desk, while I inspected the book. It was more simple than I thought, to the point where I was confused.

‘Is this really all it takes?’

A symbol or word of your choice, some mana while picturing what it does and when you want to use the stone just reactivate the mana.

‘Maybe it’s the stone that has special properties?’

I still wouldn’t be able to exert mana for an entire year. Being unawakened is the worst right now, all the ideas of boosting my weapons and equipment will have to wait. Not only can I not fight at my full potential, I can’t craft at all!

‘Let me stop thinking about it too much.’

Looking at Celeste who was busy making some weird potion, I asked another mundane question.

“Do you know where I can find the Lapis Stone?”

“We have literal mountains of it in storage, or you could even go right outside the city for it. The mountain on the north side is basically a never ending supply.”

‘Now I know where to go to start gathering resources once my inventory scheme comes into play. I need to write down everything I’ll need once I awaken next year.’

Afterwards I wrote what I needed down on a piece of parchment. Obviously it was in English so no one would recognize it on this planet.

“Alright, I’m ready to leave.”

“Before that, I’d like to make sure-“

Celeste abruptly stopped talking and looked like she was listening to the air beside her. Me being cautious I activated my trusty eyes. It was a person speaking to her.

‘This isn’t your average invisibility..’

I could see the man perfectly fine, but I could not hear him at all. His steps and voice are both nonexistent to me. From the way Celeste’s eyebrows are risen I can tell it’s no small matter.

After nodding her head a couple of times she looked at me.

“I think I’ve looked over my potions enough.”

But before she flicked her wrist, I stopped her by grabbing it.

“Are you gonna say what happened, or continue with the bullshit.”

‘Nothing I hate worst than withholding important information.’

The second I grabbed her wrist the invisible man unsheathed the dagger on his side and made a motion to swing it towards my neck.

I looked him directly in his eyes and caught his flinging arm by the wrist as well. He was astonished, I could see his eyes trembling. Celeste also seemed shocked.

“So are you going to tell me or what?”

I was talking towards the invisible man, seeing as he tried to intervene on our conversation.

Seeing this, Celeste regained her composure and spoke sharply attempting to impose dominance on the situation.

“Relax!

She snatched her hand away from my grip.

It’s not that deep, just follow me to the throne room if it bothers you so much.”

The invisible man also tried snatching away but I held on tighter while saying..

“Stop spying on me, it’s creepy.”

‘I also hate being spied on.’

Letting go of the invisible guy I turned back to Celeste.

“Let’s just head back.”

I started to feel myself get pissed as my eyebrows started scrunching up.

“I tend to overreact when secrecy comes into play..”

Celeste scoffed and flicked her wrist and we appeared in a hall leading to the high throne room where a commotion could be heard.

We walked over and entered the room, there were multiple people, about 10 or so.

“Finally, where is everybody in this big as palace? Lady Celeste.”

The person doing a light bow was Ren, one of the first people I met coming to the city. He saw me and did a double take.

“W-what? When did he come here?!”

Seems Eiichi didn’t tell his brother about the move.

“Who is that supposed to be?”

There was some Nordic like girl behind him looking at me while asking that question, while and even bigger woman was behind her, with another gigantic man behind her about 7’1.

“Nobody too important at this moment.”

“Right, our main concern should be Prince Vali.”

Celeste spoke and the big guy in the back supported that statement.

I on the other hand was grateful for the lack of attention, seeing as I’m supposed to be laying low in the palace.

“Celeste, the main reason we came here was to see if Layla or Ivan is here. Due to urgency we couldn’t message ahead as you can see.”

Ren stepped aside showing the body on the ground, it was blonde guy missing his left arm and leg. Both wounds seemed to be open, as blood was seeping through the bandages.

“I tried to cauterize the wounds, but he’s a red mana type as well. Which means-“

“You can’t burn him easily.”

Ren crunched his face only to calm down upon seeing it was Ivan who cut him off.

‘How does he always show up so silently’

I was actually curious because this is the second time he caught me off guard on my natural perception.

Ivan stepped through the small crowd and knelt down towards Prince Vali. He unwrapped the bandages showing the grimy leaking wounds. Opening both his palms, a huge light shown from both of them as they glowed bright golden along with his eyes. Since it was now the prolonged night, the entire throne room lit up. Soon after, from Vali’s wounds you could see his bones start to materialize back with the nerves, muscles and skin following along with them. His wounds were regenerating back to normal. Not only that but the Palenians who had wounds started to heal as well indirectly.

‘Damn...’

37