Ch. 50 – Receding Smiles
676 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*

-Earlier-

“Has his ass moved yet?”

One of the adventurers taking part in a 4-way card game was getting fed up with Fazil’s crazy level of patience.

Sachi was also bored as she was now laying down floating one of her daggers using her mana.

The vibe of the stakeout area is one of pure boredom, something that they don’t feel often as adventurers. Thanks to Fazil, they’ve felt an emotion they seldom experience.

“I swear this bastar- oh shit he pulled his sword out!”

From this distance Fazil was now in a crouching position with his longsword pointed down.

Everybody abruptly stood up getting ready to execute the plan.

The leader spoke while puttin his helmet on.

“Alright you five! You know what to do. Everybody else, get ready for the stragglers.”

The designated five adventurers nodded and seemed to camouflage into the environment, disappearing from the naked eye.

The other ten jumped off the cliff and got closer to the goblin town.

“Fazil jumped down! Get ready!”

After about 30 seconds...

“INTRUDERRR ARGGGHH”

A small shockwave could be seen going through the air.

And everybody in the area seemed to be forcibly frozen for 10 seconds.

Sachi yelled out towards the leader.

“Shit!! Was that a stun skill?!”

The leader currently had light sweat dripping down his forehead. He furrowed his brow and punched his palm.

“Damnit!! Fuckin Orcs and there mastery of Physical Energy... unless Fazil has a good counter for it, he is as good as dead. If so, the Orcs may not have left the town at all, we may need to notify the-“

“BOOOOOOOOOOM”

A large part of the makeshift tree wall fell with some large parts even scattering towards the group.

“WALL!!!”

The nine other adventurers projected shield walls and Sachi simply got behind them.

The giant trees had generated huge amounts of force on impact with the mana shields. Causing the grass under their feet to turn into pure dirt from them sliding.

“What the hell is causing this??”

Sachi was confused, was it Fazil? Or the enemy?

After sliding some yards back and checking if they were all ok, they turned to look at the now gaping hole in the wall.

They can see some Orcs stand up and shake their heads trying to wake up their senses while sprinting and leaping across towards the lake.

But one figure caught their eyes immediately. This leap easily seemed like it could be Saint level strength to them. Although they’ve never witnessed it, there was an innate instinct when seeing it. Upon looking a little harder at the floating figure they knew who it was...

“Cy’Tana!?”
“Cy’Tana!?”
“Cy’Tana!?”
“Cy’Tana!?”
“Cy’Tana!?”
“Cy’Tana!?”
“Cy’Tana!?”
“Cy’Tana!?”

Disbelief and absolute fear could be seen on all of their faces. In the adventurers guild they have a specific list of monsters and beings to avoid unless your an S-rank adventurer, but even then they say avoid it. Long story short, Cy’Tana is someone on that list.

Cy’Tana Zinuk is one of fifteen children of the Fabled King Chief, Raka Zinuk.

Fabled to the Orcs, is what Saints are to Arch Humans. This is also a main factor as to why Arch Humans haven’t been able to do much versus the Orcs.

As for why the Waterfall Kingdom Orcs haven’t conquered Mesozo already, it’s simple, their own mana versatility, Gold mana and internal strife.

Orcs more common variations are red and blue. Green, and purple are possible but have an absurdly low chance of appearing. The other variants.. not a chance. But the Orcs natural race bonuses give them a huge head start on strength, constitution, stamina, and even physical energy.

The reason why Gold mana is an issue is due to what they’ve experienced before. In the last war Ivan Mehz was on the front lines, unless they could smash the head or precisely pierce the heart, the Arch Humans instantly kept coming back as if they were never injured. Making that war completely exhausting for the Orcs who hardly have a single Green mana type among them.

The second reason is that the Orcs aren’t as united as they seem.

Mesozo continent is absurdly large and the Waterfall Kingdom is near the Mehz Empire. During Ivan’s travels he stated that their are five other Orc kingdoms out there constantly in contention with one another.

The group of adventurers stood stunned until Sachi’s yell brought them back to reality.

“Is that Fazil in the lake?!”

From this distance Fazil was like a dot in the water. He was keeping himself afloat now and could be seen looking up.

Everyone followed his stare, and a flaming object looking like a comet could be seen spiraling down towards him.

“Damn, he’s dead! There’s no way.”

The de facto leader already wrote Fazil off, it was only natural when you look at the enemy’s credentials. Compare it to Fazil who is relatively unknown.. there’s not much to hope for.

Sachi however could be seen pulling a large longbow as well as a grappling hook arrow out of her storage ring. The grappling hook had at least a cliffs worth of rope tied to it.

Nocking the arrow she pulled it back and aimed precisely.

“Reach him-“

She was wishing aloud until..

“Fwooom gwum BOOOOOOOOM”

A devastating explosion went off turning a massive chunk of the goblin town into a crater.

The group used shield wall to brace themselves from the shockwave and flying debris. Tents, armor, rusty equipment, as well as the occasional body part slammed against the wall. Cracks shown and sometimes healed. Most of the shield walls fell but they hopped behind a comrade in time to survive the explosions aftermath.

Looking up you could see a mushroom cloud cloud.

Five figures could be seen exiting their camouflage state behind the wall, breathing heavy.

“Fuckin hell, those runes were dangerous.”

Sachi, the leader and the rest turned and looked at the five of them with stale faces

After looking around and checking the atmosphere, one of them asked.

“Why you staring at us all piss poor like? We did our job perfectly!! Hahaha”

The leader was now shaking his head with a bitter smile.

“Because.... Cy’Tana is probably on her way here now instead.”

The fives smiles slowly receded while realization struck them.

“.........”

“.........”

“.........”

“.........”

“.......fuck.”

*

36