Ch. 53 – Luck Stat Clutch
1.1k 5 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cliff I was on started leaning. Along with some others in a 50 yard radius.

Instead of turning to see what caused it I started leaping from cliff to cliff.

Water started to rise up from the ground indicating how deep the punch really went.

Each cliff I jumped to was cut down, I eventually came to a small clearing with no choice but to face who I thought was Cy’Tana.

Coming out of the dust was obviously Cy’Tana, she was stepping the muddy water.

“As I thought, you survived.”

With my eyes I could see her mana became lower, she may have used Domain of True Grit to regain her P.E.

She rushed in taking monstrous steps.

I also charged in.

‘Only dodge. Only dodge. Only dodge. Only dodge.’

I had to remind myself constantly or I would most definitely be a victim to her absurd strength.

A destructive cleave was already heading my way.

I jumped over, twisting my body while flipping.

I would’ve never done this before, but these Arch Human bodies allow movie-like maneuvers in fights... so why not.

Her fighting style was purely straightforward with wide cleaving strikes all over the place.

‘Wow, they’re just musclebound with no technique.... if it wasn’t for this wind I wouldn’t have to dodge so elaborately.’

I always tried to leap and create at least five yards of space because of the wind.

I kept doing the same thrust whenever I could along with some slashes in between my dodges.

The slash didn’t give me anything so I guess I wasn’t doing it right.

But the Beginner Thrust is now level 4.

This went on for a few minutes, the ground underneath us started turning into mud. The slippery surface made it difficult for me to dodge consistently.

“Tch, shit!”

I was hit by a streak of wind and it wounded me.

I fell back and slipped rolling in the mud.

Cy’Tana leaped in the air looking to make this the final blow, the energy gathering in her hands caused unbearable pressure on the axe as it creaked loudly.

‘I thought I heard something else from her swings.’

Her axe didn’t seem suited to her strength.

In slow motion I could see the axe slowly cracking as she held it overhead.

‘Now!’

Quickly standing up on the muddy ground I lifted the spear up to the side of my head.

Using my left hand to aim, I quickly flung the spear as hard as I could.

Cy’Tana’s eyes widened as my spear cracked the side of her axe forcing it to break and lean over, the axe head leaning over only hanging on by a splinter.

I leaped again out of the way of her landing zone when all of a sudden I heard a familiar voice.

“Oh shit! It’s an Armored Worm!”

“Huh!?”

I was confused and looked over to the voice.

It was Sachi pointing and backing up along with our other associates.

They must’ve came to check to see if I was dead or not.

Looking at where they were pointing at there was a bulge rising out underneath the cliff.

It’s speed was insane as it broke out of the ground destroying the cliff, boulders and mounds of dirt sent flying everywhere.

It’s absurdly sharp teeth were in rows similar to a shark, it also had horns coming out around what it’s lips should be.

The skin of the worm seemed to be a brown hard carapace. The screech it made caused everybody to cover their ears even Cy’Tana.

‘Opportunity to get the fuck out of here!’

I knew when my Luck stat was at work and this was another one of those times.

From the annoyed and concerned look on Cy’Tana’s face I could tell it would take some time for her to kill this plane sized monster.

It’s attention was focused on her so I dashed towards my spear.

Cy’Tana just rushed towards the worm seemingly forgetting about me.

“Don’t think this is over!”

Never mind.

They clashed and the worm like monster arch backwards slightly from the brute strength of the green Orc.

‘I swear I remember seeing something similar..’

Looking at my associates I signaled we should leave immediately with a simple wave.

The clashes could be heard even as we exited the forest.

‘That carapace could hold up versus SS strength?’

That was good to know as I made a mental note in my head, a perfect hard leather armor could already be seen in my head.

We all kept running until we arrived back at the mine where our horses seemed to be trotting around eating grass where they could.

The head miner saw us coming and waved at us.

The de facto leader walked forward to greet him with a bitter smile, his shield was noticeably dented in as well.

“Whoa.. goblins can’t pull that off if I’m not mistaken.”

The head miner was right in his assumption.

“Of course, but Orcs on the other hand... everyone here might want to head on home for a couple of days.”

The miners and the head gathered up all with worried bitter looks.

“Orcs? What the fuck?”
“We can’t fight those we can hardly beat back goblins.”
“Shit..”
“Just gets worse and worse.”

The rabble started to get slightly louder and chaos was about to follow.

“Whoaaa hey hey, just inform a knight or warden and they’ll send troops here to make sure the coast is clear.”

The noise died down slightly after our leader said those words.

“Again, everybody should leave immediately just as we are doing, we killed most of them but we just managed to escape from Cy’Tana.”

“Cy’Tana!”
“Cy’Tana!”
“Cy’Tana!”
“Cy’Tana!”
“Cy’Tana!”

The miners and even the guards started packing up fast instead of talking after that name was said.

“Damn, she’s famous..”

I started scratching the side of my head lightly and looked over.

Sachi and the group was staring at me, their mouths and eyebrows twitching slightly.

“You’re the bastard who went toe to toe with her.. monster.”
“Yeah, truly a monster.”
“This one is different for sure.”
“Shouldn’t he be S ranked after that?”
“Tch who knows”
“Fucker definitely isn’t C ranked”

I laughed while shrugging and walked to my horse.

38