Ch. 57 – Narrow it Down
861 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving at the top floor, there were fewer bookshelves and more tables to sit down and read.

I quickly found the section that was listed as Phyisical Energy/ Qi/ Aura.

“How many names does it have??”

While shaking my head I started to scan the bookshelf in front of me.

I needed a body technique also a couple other Qi type attacks would do me well also.

It was a public library so of course there isn’t any high level books here, but as long as I get some type of explanation, my Divine Comprehension can do the rest.

After about 10-15 minutes of perusing the shelf I made my decisions and walked to a nearby table.

‘Huh?’

Before I could even start reading I noticed a girl was watching me from in between the shelves.

I activated my eyes and of course...

—————————————————

Name: Layla Mehz

—————————————————

‘What the hell?’

“Layla what are you doing here?”

Her shoulders flinched and she started smiling.

“Forgot you could see through most things...”

She started walking from behind the shelves. By the time she came out of the isle she already changed back to her original form.

“I initially came to talk to you because I forgot to tell you about Phyisical Energy.”

She grabbed a chair next to me and sat down crossing her legs, her usual regal like aura was always disappearing when it was just me and her.

“I even brought an old book you might want to read.”

She waved her hand over the the large table and a ridiculously giant book appeared.

It had a black leather cover but had a giant metal lock on the end of the straps keeping it shut.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at her.

“This must be valuable.. you sure I should read it out in the open like this?”

She smirked revealing her pearly white teeth.

“Of course it’s not, but you can read in the dark, right?”

She stood up and walked towards the mana stones along the walls pulling them out of their sockets.

They still glowed even when pulled out of the wall.

After she had about 5 in her hand they disappeared, possibly going into her storage ring.

As the corner of this library grew darker the moonlight was more pronounced. The windows letting in a sharp blue light.

Layla’s eyes were giving off a stronger golden glow than before as she took her seat.

“Usually normal unawakened people can’t see in the dark, but I’m guessing you’re different.”

She put her hand over the lock and it opened. Turning to me she simply relaxed.

“Plus from what Celeste told me, you can even see people who go invisible. Shall we?”

I scoffed and shook my head turning towards the book.

All that was written in the first few sections were long drawn out explanations of what you shouldn’t do with Physical Energy /Qi /Aura.

The major one was if you use up all your Qi, you’d literally fall asleep in the middle of a battle...

When you exhausted your mana you may faint and depending on your willpower it could be anywhere from a few seconds to an hour, and that was still sketchy during a battle.

But this seemed excessive.

‘Damn, I feel bad for y’all.’

Shaking away the backlash of Qi exhaustion, I continued until I eventually ran into an index page.

“Only read one skill.”

I turned to Layla beside me and gave a ridiculous expression.

“Huh??”

“These are a plethora of old family techniques, no way in hell I should hand them all out.”

That.. is very true.

Layla has been very generous but I knew it was mainly because she wanted to marry me.

“Although these are the weakest Qi techniques I pulled out. If used properly they will evolve after passing max level.”

“Oh? How many times can they evolve?”

Layla looked at the library’s elaborate ceiling and started thinking.

“I think about... As much as you can do it..? I’m not sure, Daigo Sendai had a slashing Qi technique at around the 55th evolution.”

I looked at the index pages scanning for what I needed and spoke.

“Damn, so to evolve the technique you have to get it to 10 which is the max, and level it again?”

Layla nodded her head

“Exactly. But it gets harder and harder as well, especially if you break new ground in a technique like Daigo.”

After a few minutes I decided what type of Qi technique I needed.

A body reinforcing Qi technique would be best. Although I can carry my sword spear around, the speed that I can swing it isn’t effective in a fight.

After narrowing it down I had to choose between two.

34