Chapter 1 – The Universe In My Mind
2.1k 10 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Jason Reven, and in the first moment I really became aware as a child of everything, my mind suddenly felt something crazy happen.

I imagined a huge explosion and a space expanding. For years I told stories of the crazy happenings that would occur in my imagination. Sometimes I could somehow tell that everything seemed to be speeding up, other times it would slow down.

As time went on and I grew older and kept it to myself. While people were interested at first, they got tired of it after years of me telling them about things that happened.

When I became 14 years old, in my mind there were countless stars and galaxies, it was incredible.

I asked and looked around to see if anyone else had this strange universe in their mind and somehow no one had every talked about anything like it before.

Instead of it being a vague image in the mind that people commonly talked about, in my mind there was near perfect clarity and it was extremely easy to focus on some areas.

When I turned 16 I had a brilliant idea, what if I could try to manipulate the universe in my mind. I focused on an entire galaxy and with a single thought I saw it suddenly disappear. For some reason I never thought of ever trying to influence it and it came as quite a shock.

I quickly moved my focus to a single planet instead of just overseeing the entire thing. I tried to move the rocks on the planet into a ball. The ball floated on the surface of the cold dark surface. But as usual I could quite easily see it even in pure darkness.

I slung it at the moon of the planet and I watched in amazement as a few seconds later the moon had a massive crater where I threw it.

I made and compacted another rock and this time I used quite a bit more power, the area around me completely vaporized and turned to lava, there was a massive boom and I watched the shining stone launch into the moon.

Quickly the entire moon shattered and it was quite amazing. Doing things like moving and destroying was completely effortless, with a single thought it was done.

I moved to many planets and kept destroying and throwing stuff at them. It started off with just simple rocks and things of that nature. Then it gradually got bigger and bigger to the point of grabbing moons and hurling them at planets at different speeds.

Watching the incredible results of the planets breaking in half, shattering, or in some cases, vaporizing.

The only downside was that I didn't know everything that was going on in the universe in my mind, it was just that I could see what was going on and manipulate it by moving things.

For the next couple years I kept going on with my life. Whenever I was bored I would go into my mind, messing around with stars, planets, gas giants, many things and generally just messing around, watching planets shatter, and many more things.

I also discovered that I could make time speed up and slow down. I tried to stop time and found that while possible, it took an active effort to keep it stopped.

Making time faster or slower was considerably easier and with a mere thought I could set time to whatever I wished but I found that it tended to try to go to a certain speed which seemed to be the equal speed of time on Earth.

When I turned 18 I was still going on with my life as usual, sometimes going into my mind to see insane things like stars exploding, planets colliding, and quite a few other interesting things.

Often exploring planets just to see what they looked like, every planet I came across was simply the same, barren and rocky, sometimes full of lava, but most of the time cold, rocky, and deserted.

Then something crazy happened. I was holding a book and not really paying any attention to it. I was zoning out and watching things smash together as usual. Then when I was watching from far away I imagined if the book in my hand would somehow be in the universe in my mind.

Then my hands suddenly faltered and my view quickly focused back into reality. I noticed the book was gone, originally the moment the book fell I prepared my body to be hit by it since I thought the book simply slipped out of my hands.

I noticed the book was somehow gone. I was confused for a second before I moved my focus back into the universe and to my shock I saw the book floating in space. It was just floating there.

Then my mind went blank and I simply looked at it with a dazed look on my face.

Alright everyone, this is my first story I have put out into the world and I am completely open to any suggestions and feedback, if you guys decide that this is seemingly not going anywhere or want me to stop, feel free to say so in the comments. Also if you want me to keep going feel free to say so as well, see yall next time.

42