Chapter 2
1.7k 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After trying and trying to bring the book back for hours with an insane amount of effort I found that it was impossible. No matter how hard I tried to bring the book back it seemed like bringing it back was impossible. Trying over and over to push it through the barrier that seemed to allow things into my universe from reality but not my universe to reality.

The barrier seemingly was only one way. As no matter how hard I tried I found that bringing the book back was simply impossible. It was like trying to push a brick wall.

After finally giving up after nearly an entire day I had to go on with my life. As I was in college I was rather distracted the entire day. Simply focusing on the book drifting in space. I was rather gentle with the book. Carefully moving it from one direction to another. I then tried to transport the book somewhere else.

I had never really tried to transport anything, instead always flinging or destroying things. Eventually I found another ability I had not known about, I could quite easily link two places and make a wormhole of sorts.

After expanding the wormhole to a proper size I moved the book from one side of the universe to the other. I then practiced many other abilities that I did not try to do before. Most of which were changing the shape and makeup of things to other things. After testing I changed the shape of the rocks I got to a simple house floating in space.

Quite early on in my creation of the house I tried to make it from nothing, simply appearing. I found that while I could make things appear from nothing, it took a lot of effort compared to moving objects from rocky planets to space with wormholes and shaping them to proper things to make a house.

It was a rather crude house but it was a house nevertheless. I moved the book into the house and since it had no gravity it simply floated after I stopped moving it. I realized that I should probably have a planet I can put cool stuff or test things.

I was lucky enough to have literally a whole universe at my disposal so I picked new planets every time I wanted to do something. I ended up finding a rather strange flat planet and I found the cause of this was since it was tidally locked the winds were absolutely insane from the heat and cold of the sides facing the sun and the darkness.

I realized I had not tried to really find out how big of a wormhole I could actually make. I found out as it got larger it simply took a slight more effort to keep up. I ended up making one the size of hundreds of galaxies but it took a lot of effort to keep it open.

I let it close and then moved the planet, I forgot the house was there and watched it fling to the planet since the planet's gravity was pulling the house. I quickly kept it from falling and then I had an idea, I tried to nullify gravity around the house, making it act as if it was in the middle of space.

This took not a lot but not a little effort. I was interested and practiced on bigger and bigger objects, even testing a moon and a planet right next to each other where they would normally be smashing together the moon simply stayed extremely close to the planet without moving towards it. Eventually when I got to stars I found it was a lot harder to stop it from making gravity.

Galaxies seemed to be far above what I could do and simply destroying or moving things in the galaxy was far easier. While I was messing around in my mind I didn't notice someone calling my name until I felt a hand on my shoulder and I snapped back to reality.

Quickly realizing I had completely missed whatever they were talking about the professor spoke to me in a rather annoyed tone.

"Jason, do you know or not? Perhaps you find my class boring enough to daydream in the middle of it?" The professor spoke in a rather annoyed tone.

The professor was seemingly in the transition of becoming older from middle-aged, with a few specks of graying hair here and there. Sadly, I had absolutely no clue what he was talking about so I spoke rather apologetically.

"I am sorry, I wasn't paying attention, what was the question?"

After giving a slight reprimand he sighed and walked back to the stage and asked the question from there.

The question itself was rather simple and I was lucky enough to remember the answer and answered correctly. I realized I was too engrossed in my mind that I needed to pay more attention to what was going on around me.

The rest of the lecture was rather simple and I made sure not to get distracted again and instead I took notes here and there. I was smart enough to skip senior year of highschool so I got into a university earlier than most.

In the end I managed to get into the school I was aiming for, not the best school I tried to get into, but a good one nevertheless. I was not good enough to get into those exceptionally good schools like Harvard or Yale but I was good enough to get into a rather good school.

I was walking down the halls and one of my few friends came next to me and began to talk to me.

"Jason, we need to hangout more, you also seem to be spacing out more, are you alright?"

"I'm fine just trying to focus on classes and constantly thinking of many terms and other things of that nature. Thanks for your concern Dean." I said with a light smile on my face.

Dean was a friend from before I came to college, he was in my high school and when I was a junior graduating early he also happened to be going to the same school so we decided to dorm together. It ended up being a rather good friendship, he was a caring person.

Dean seemed to be thinking of something and then he snapped his fingers and exclaimed.

"I got it! Is it that universe in your mind?" He said with a grin on his face.

I was rather surprised that he actually got it on his first try. He was one of the incredibly few people who actually believed me and was always interested in it and I would sometimes tell him stories of what would happen in it.

I'll try to keep a semi-regular schedule of one chapter every one or two days, but there is quite a high chance that I won't just suddenly stop without saying anything. As usual any feedback, negative or positive, is accepted.

38