Chapter 3
1.5k 2 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at Dean a bit oddly and I was a little shocked at how he figured me out so quickly. He ended up grinned the whole time once he saw my reaction.

"While you don't talk about it often, I can tell you are passionate about it, usually whenever you seem to focus on it you zone out here in reality." Dead explained as they kept walking.

"You are correct" I simply said and gave a quiet and light applause.

With a smile he continued speaking.

"So, what's going on, I am curious." Dean asked.

I randomly jumped to a star in my mind and began tearing it apart, describing the results to Dean briefly. With an interested expression he seemed rather into it as he usually did. I then realized what time it was and I quickly said my goodbyes and parted to go to my next class.

After I reached my class I decided to stay focused and it proved more difficult than expected, but luckily I managed to get through. Afterwards it was finally my time to go back to my dorm and continue my testing with the book and other objects.

As usual with any object it was impossible to bring them back. Two plastic knives, one fork, three rubber bands, and an alarm clock. Originally, with the plastic utensils and rubber bands, it was not that interesting, same as the book, impossible to move back to reality once put into my universe.

The alarm clock however had a surprise waiting for me, as I put the electronic into the universe, at first everything was rather normal. Then I tried to charge it, shockingly, it worked and I managed to keep it fully charged as long as my attention remained on it.

I hesitated as I looked at a few other electronics, I found that I could quite easily manipulate the alarm clock but I was worried because I didn't have much money so it would be a waste if something happened to the expensive electronics like a phone or light computer in my universe.

I decided to try something out first and I asked around if anyone had a destroyed or unused laptop lying around that I could take. My excuse was I was going to take it apart and then examine some stuff because I was curious but I didn't want to spend the money if I didn't have to.

After around an hour of looking around I finally found someone who had a laptop that had a major dent in it and would not turn on. It was a low-end laptop but for my purposes it was fine. I took the computer back to my dorm, luckily Dean was still in class, and I threw the laptop into my universe.

I tried to charge it and it didn't turn on. Then I tried to do something new, instead of speeding up time I decided to try to reverse it. At first trying to reverse everything proved as easy as bringing things from my universe into the real world.

After lowering the area to just around the computer I found it difficult but manageable. I watched as the computer seemingly started to get some color back into it and when I noticed light coming from the screen I stopped. I found that it was open to a page but the page said there was no internet connection.

I grinned and charged it instantly and I tried to type. In my universe, instead of being an avatar and being able to do whatever I wished, I was more of an observer with control.

After around half an hour I noticed Dean come back but I pretended to be asleep, he went to do his own things and left after another half an hour. I went back to my universe and after another hour I was able to easily type on the keyboard in my universe.

I then had an idea, a slightly evil idea, but one that would benefit me. I was no stranger to cheating on tests, in high school, nearly everyone did it once. I was not the exception. I didn't cheat everything but once or twice I did it in dire times.

I sent some paper filled with notes into my universe. One of the limitations was that I could not do both, focus in my universe and focus in reality. Whenever I switched to either side I would feel a drifting in focus and it took a bit of physical contact or loud noises to get my attention once I was in my universe.

Normally I took all my notes on a file on my laptop, I decided to print them out under the disguise of keeping a physical backup. After I went back to my dorm, Dean was still out as he usually was. He was quite the opposite of me, he was much more active and often went out to parties and came back late.

I sent the paper with my notes into my universe and kept them in a very safe place. I went to class where I had my test and when I saw it I realized that since I took notes of nearly everything I could easily ace it with the notes I had stored in my universe.

I was slightly nervous but I knew that no one else really believed that I had a universe in my mind in the first place, most thought I was just trying to get attention, now I realized I had to keep it rather low profile since if I exposed the fact I could make things from reality disappear and go into the universe in my head, who knows what would happen to me.

Eventually I decided to steel myself and looked at the notes. To other I simply zoned out while I was looking and reading the printed notes in my universe. I decided to only partially cheat since while I was a decent student, typically mid to high B's, if I suddenly started to ace everything I took it would be extremely suspicious.

After turning in the test no one thought anything of it since on the outside I was just zoning out quite a bit during the test. When the professor stopped me and let everyone else go I was a bit worried he noticed.

"Jason, is everything alright? You were zoning out quite a bit and then quickly writing on the test before going back to that dazed look, anything you want to talk about?" Asked the professor as the last person left.

"Oh, sorry, I just didn't get much sleep last night, I am a bit tired so I was slightly exhausted today, I will make sure I am good for tomorrow" I said with an internal sigh of relief.

After a few pleasantries I left the classroom and I went back to my dorm. Except before I went to my dorm, I went to a shop and bought something I was very excited to test. As I entered my dorm, I saw Dean sitting around and as he saw what I was holding he asked a rather normal question.

"Why did you bring a plant back to the dorm?"

I was a bit tired today and had a lot of work so sorry for the late chapter. For the few people who voted on the poll on chapter 2, majority wanted more emphasis on universe so I will try to focus more on there.

35