Chapter 6
1.2k 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Well the overwhelming majority of you wanted longer chapters so one chapter every three to four days will be what I am trying to make.

I am known as a female blessed beastfolk named Anima. I didn't know that initially. At first I was simply another beastfolk, fighting to survive. Then I gained a power that made me unbeatable.

I could do things like throwing massive rocks easily. Flattening trees with ease in a large radius. I let the power go to my head and I gathered a large amount of other beastfolk

I did as I wished for quite a long time, doing whatever I desired. I expanded the tribe and I made it larger and larger. I could fight and defeat the other beasts rather easily with my power. 

Then one day I proclaimed myself as a goddess. I made a massive altar and made everyone obey and worship me. In that moment I felt more power than I had ever felt before.

Then something unexpected happened. I had always felt my power and kept it active to enhance my abilities. I felt the total loss of my power.

Instantly the mountains around the tribe rose, rivers of fire flowed through the sky, and even though it was day, the entire sky was covered in darkness, booming lightning appeared around the tribe but not hitting the tribe directly.

Then I saw him. At first we had no name but we quickly gave him a name fitting to his power. Will Of The World. Everything quickly fell into place about why no one else had this power. I searched and questioned if anyone else had this kind of power but it seemed like I alone had this power.

His body was very translucent and looked different from our kind. However, I quickly kneeled because I was fearful of what would happen if I didn't do anything. As most beastfolk gained an ability to sense their surroundings I could tell he rose his hand and was pointing at me.

I quickly felt my power come back, just as familiar as ever. I then noticed the surroundings suddenly rise out of the ground and build some sort of structure. 

He waved and disappeared. Then everything went back to normal, the sky went back to being bright with the sun flying high. The rivers of fire fizzled out in the sky and the lightning stopped. 

Then the mountains hit the ground, causing massive shocks to go through the ground, seemingly emphasising just how strong he really was. I didn't get up for a long time. As far as I knew, he was always watching. I thought about many things and decided to build things like what he made.

There was only one rule when it came to making the buildings, don't make anything taller than the temple. The authority of the Will Of The World was absolute. 

A praying session was to occur two times every day, at sunrise and sunset. This was in order to show our loyalty to the Will Of The World. I declared myself Saintess Anima and would go every praying session.

A few years passed and I had my first child, I went to the temple to pray with her. As my first child I valued her greatly and told her the power of the Will Of The World. 

After many more years there was a volcanic eruption. I used all my power to make the eruption stop, I could tell that I was injuring myself and if I kept trying to stop it I would die.

I prayed to the Will Of The World many times but it seemed like this was meant to be. Just as I was going to give up, I suddenly felt the lava simply disappear. I could somehow tell there was something above me and I looked up and saw a faint pair of giant eyes.

Quickly kneeling I prayed and prayed. Then after giving one last thanks I got up to go back to the tribe. However, I had grown much weaker due to fighting the eruption and trying to stop nature.

 Conveying our thoughts to each other was incredibly difficult and caused many issues. For another few years this problem plagued us and then we were given a gift.

He appeared soundlessly one day. As I suddenly noticed him and quickly but calmly came up to greet him. Then I felt my mind explode with knowledge that I had never even thought of. 

Symbols on paper, faint and blurry images of mouths moving to make noises. It was a way to advance, even I could tell that. I quickly made the proper groups and had them create noises for more complex words. 

After that, people began to write, slowly getting used to this new way. The children seemed to pick up on it far faster than the adults. 

Then, another few years passed, and I was laying on the bed in a doctors office. They were trying their best but I had been keeping my body alive far longer than it should have normally with my abilities.

With my final breath, I told my daughter I loved her. Deep inside me I prayed that she would be given my powers once I passed.

[POV Change]

My name is Mikal. My parents died in a fight against a beast. Normally, we are at the top of the food chain, but Anima was not there so we were powerless to stop them. They let me leave at the cost of their own lives. 

I prayed, day in and day out that the Will Of The World would allow me to change things for the better. Then one day I went into a dark corner between two buildings.

We are always taught that crying is a weakness but I couldn't hold it back anymore. I soundlessly let my feelings out for no one else to see. Then I noticed a faint light pointing in my direction. 

My head swung up and I saw him. The one we all prayed to and hoped would eventually come to each one of us. The Will Of The World.

I tried to kneel but since I was in a strange position I had to get up first. He put his hand on my and I could somehow feel the sheer amount of power and ability he had just through the faint touch.

was worried he would be angry with me but he had a kind look in his eyes. I felt another thing coming from him into me. It was like a power. I didn't know what it was at first but then I heard his voice.

"Make the village grow and protect others"

When I say voice, it was more of him speaking directly into my mind. I instantly felt the weight and power of his words. It seemed like if he spoke loud enough everything would fall before him.

Then I noticed he was gone while I was processing what he said. I ran out into the open and noticed he was gone and no one else had seen him. I kneeled right there, not caring for how others viewed me.

For the next few years, I finally became an adult and I had full control over my abilities. I quickly made the village grow through going out myself to fight dangerous beasts to keep the surroundings safe.

However, I always made sure to go back to pray to him and give thanks for this incredible power. Then one day I felt another message in my mind, it was the language and writing that Saintess Anima tried to do but simply didn't put enough effort into.

I quickly realized the potential of this and I began having everyone try it out and we finally created a language and written language. I made sure to teach the kids since they seemed to pick up on it much faster.

Someone eventually created archives, where everything was recorded. People who had the ability to draw well using the new tools would go there as well to create images of history.

After several years the tensions between those who believed that the children of Saintess Anima should rule rather than me who should become a weapon of theirs. I quickly denied it and they threatened to split.

Their side was majorly female while ours was majorly male. The split would have been devastating but I had to be adamant since I had made the village grow so much.

Then they did exactly what they threatened to do. They split off and left to make another village. I desired to seek punishment from the Will Of The World for what I had done.

After that I prayed very adamantly and I once again saw him, the Will Of The World. 

He spoke to me once again with that voice that was completely overwhelming and made every fiber of my being be in shock, awe, and respect.

"You can't control how others will think, you must let them go if they cause destruction and issues. You did what you had to do and what you thought was right at the time. There will be no punishment. Also, go have a few children, I don't believe you aren't interested in having kids."

What he said very logical. I thought about the first parts and I was glad to know he didn't want to punish me. However, the second half greatly confused me but I didn't reject it.

After he left, I sought a mate and there were countless since the village had grown so much. After more years passed, I taught my kids about the Will Of The World and his incredible powers.

Then one day out of nowhere, a voice echoed in each one of our heads in the village.

"This man will be the last vessel of my will"

Even though we didn't really understand the words exactly, we could somehow tell what his meaning was. Mikal would be the last one who had the powers of the Will Of The World. 

[POV Change]

They call me many names, but my name is Ren. I was born tiny and most thought I would grow bigger and stronger once I ate more, but I remained frail and tiny.

One of the main reasons I was not cast out was because I was very good at writing and could easily make smaller and more precise notes on slabs.

One day I was sitting alone, thinking about many things when I suddenly saw a chair like no other suddenly appear out of seemingly nothing. Then I saw him, the Will Of The World.

I quickly tried to kneel but he stopped me. We briefly talked and he wanted to bring me to create a village. I was extremely happy since I would become a founder of a village like the Saintess Anima.

His condition was to find a willing female, I had not previously tried to find anyone else who would like me but I tried my hardest and finally found someone. After they agreed to be with me I quickly brought them back to my house.

I told them about everything and she was shocked. Then we both saw him and we kneeled. He didn't stop us this time but instead gave us more instructions. I was glad he didn't just throw us into a completely different environment. 

Without any warning we were suddenly in another place. I could tell due to the change in the air pressure and even type of air. Then he gave us a few extra orders.

He told us only to mate every ten days. On the tenth day whatever we did was fine. It was strange but we obviously agreed. Over the next few years my mate, Femia, had many children. It was strange though, they were often completely different from me or any other beastfolk we had ever seen before.

One of them had golden fur and was extremely strong. Even as a child he could easily overpower both of us. We named him Oben

Another was even more frail than me and had no fur but turned out to be incredibly smart and resourceful. We named him Aten.

After him was our first daughter, instead of the typical sleek black or dark brown fur she had white fur and was extremely frail and delicate. We named her Mir.

Our final of the strangeness of our children was by far the most shocking. She seemed to have the abilities of Mikal and Anima, the blessings of the Will Of The World. We named her Dreamia

After Dreamia, our children were always like me, smaller, more frail than the typical beastfolk, but still normal. The strange thing was that some of them seemed completely different than either of us. Changes in eye color and fur color were the most common.

It was extremely strange but we didn't question it and simply continued to have children. Eventually we got older and would always teach our children who now did most of the work about the Will Of The world and his absolute power. 

They mourned for us and were worriedFemia had died first, I expected from the constant childbirth. I kept teaching them over and over again what they should do. The first four children of ours were the leaders. The only issue was that they constantly fought each other.

Luckily the children most like us remained kind and didn't fight. Then one day I finally realized my time had come and I silently passed away.

37