Chapter 5
1.3k 9 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I realized this new way of keeping tracking without disturbing the universe itself I was rather happy at this unexpected benefit of giving my power to things. I had only slightly sped up time but when I came back to the planet I found the female beastfolk seemingly stopping an eruption.

Well, I say stopping when in reality it was her using all her ability to the limit to stop the lava from erupting. With a single thought the entire eruption with all the lava suddenly disappeared. I noticed her shock before making a translucent pair of eyes look down from the night sky. 

She quickly kneeled along with every other beastfolk around. I made the pair of eyes disappear and once again she waited quite a long time before going back to the village around the temple.

I had to admit, they were by far the most humanlike. However, humanlike did not equate to human appearance wise. Instead, both the females and males of the beastfolk had bulky bodies that were very powerful. 

I then noticed they at some point they created a type of worship to me. I only noticed this after speeding up time and watching the days pass as a few of them came to the temple at dawn and dusk. 

I watched to try to communicate to them but I realized this would be very difficult. They didn't really have a structured language. I decided to speed up their development. 

I went onto the altar in the temple when they were all praying. As making the avatar was soundless and gave no warning, they didn't realize I was even there. Like before I made my avatar slightly translucent and humanoid. I sat on the altar and then I tried to send the best way I could convey it.

I tried to think them away but they didn't even notice. Then I tried to send my will to them and they all looked shocked and shot their heads up. I waved my hand and sent my intent for them to leave except for the female beastfolk who had my power.

I saw them all leave except for her. I was glad I could send intent as it would make it far easier to talk to them. I noticed the female beastfolk still kneeling with her head on the ground.

I sent my intent to have her stand up and approach me. She stood up and slowly walked towards me. I was glad I made the avatar a bit larger than the beastfolk as it would be embarrassing if they were larger than I was.

Speaking of which, they were rather tall, standing at nearly 7 feet. Luckily I made myself  around 7 feet so although there were a couple that were taller, they were in the minority. 

I then tried to send her images of writing and language, which was actually surprisingly easy. I then sent her a couple more things like how to make tools since they only used their hands now.

Then I simply nodded to her and disappeared. She once again kneeled but this time she left quickly. With a slight smile I sped up time once again. 

After a couple seconds I noticed the town rapidly developing. However, I noticed again that they never made their buildings higher than the temple. Then it hit me that they must have developed a culture and part of it was not going above the temple. 

They always held two praying sessions at dawn and dusk as usual. They seemed to be making their buildings more and more abundant. Then I suddenly slowed down time quickly due to feeling the loss of the power given to the female beastfolk.

I quickly moved to where I last sensed her and I saw her corpse on what looked like a bed in one of the biggest buildings. I noticed it was some sort of hospital. They moved her body and seemed to be concerned as to how to dispose of the body.

As I have been watching them for quite a while, they normally just throw the bodies into a river that would then take the body into the ocean. A very barbaric method but still a useful way to dispose of bodies. 

They now had a very basic language that could be used to speak to others in a more complex way than grunting. Along with a type of written language that looked quite a bit like english. The spoken language however was completely different. 

They were talking around her body and seemed very worried. I had not noticed but she was actually extremely old. Easily one of the oldest beastfolk due to her power. 

I then looked around for a young beastfolk. This time I decided it would be male. I was looking around the town and I found a small male beastfolk walking down the street. Seemingly sad about something.

While the beastfolk were extremely powerful and brutal against their enemies, to members of the same species, they were rather kind. As he was walking many were trying to cheer him up while he just gave some sort of recognition noise before going back to walking.

I saw him turn to a corner and hide in between two houses in the darkness. No one would be able to see him but I could clearly tell that he was crying. I was rather confused as everyone was really kind to each other in the beastfolk community but something made him sad.

I then created an avatar in front of him, making the eyes glow. He noticed the light and quickly moved his head up to see the avatar I made. He looked confused for a second before shock came across his face. His eyes widened and he seemed extremely worried about something.

He scrambled to kneel but then I stopped him as I put my hand on his shoulder. I gave a light smile before giving him the same power I had given the female beastfolk long ago. I noticed it over time but the community seemingly valued females above males.

I realized it was because I gave a female the power and not a male. The males were almost always put to hard labor such as building houses or fighting for food and other supplies. 

He clearly felt something but he didn't know what it was. I let go of his shoulder and I gave a wave as I made myself disappear. Quickly I noticed him making his surroundings start to distort.

He seemed to realize he had the power and ran out. He had a wide smile on his face and I sent one last message to him through my intent.

"Make the village grow and protect others"

It was a rather simple request and he then kneeled right in the middle of the road. Earning him the confusion of a few beastfolk. In the entire village there were no more than a thousand beastfolk. I sped up time and watched in shock as he made the village expand quite a bit.

He made the entire village easily twice the size and he kept up with the tradition of going to pray at dusk and dawn. This time, instead of the female beastfolk leading the praying session, he did.

I then sent him the same information about how to develop language more. He quickly kneeled and then got back up to quickly execute the request. Then I noticed new buildings appear near the temple, they were quite wide and curiosity got the better of me and I slowed time and looked inside.

To my shock and surprise, I saw many beastfolk writing on slabs using sharpened rocks or bones. More than half of the building was dedicated to what appeared to be writing and then I saw another, much smaller area, drawing on slabs. I noticed how most of them were of my avatar and the first time I descended.

I had to admit though, their drawings were awful. To be expected of the beastfolk who didn't really care of how much power they put into what they were doing. For drawing and writing they had to be very careful in what they did. 

I went out and sped up time and then I slowed it quickly back down again in shock. I saw two seemingly factions split quite evenly. I noticed the beastfolk on the one side were the children of the first female beastfolk I gave my power to and the other had the male beastfolk I gave my power to.

They seemed to be yelling at each other before the male beastfolk cast out his hand and yelled as the surroundings became increasingly chaotic. Then I saw an entire half of the village which was now rather large exit the village. The male beastfolk had a crestfallen look on his face and he went into the temple.

He simply kneeled and I skipped a few days but he kept kneeling. Quite a few beastfolk tried to get him up but he didn't budge. Then he told them something and they all left.

I finally decided to see what was up. I made my avatar and sent an inquiring intent towards him. He looked up and I saw his eyes gradually become filled with tears. I couldn't understand the language but I could tell what he intended to tell me.

He was sorrowful due to him casting aside an entire half of the village and he was trying to find out if he should be punished for what he did. I simply shook my head and sent him words through my intent.

"You can't control how others will think, you must let them go if they cause destruction and issues. You did what you had to do and what you thought was right at the time. There will be no punishment. Also, go have a few children, I don't believe you aren't interested in having kids."

I sent the last one with a grin on my avatar's face before I made it disappear. He seemed a bit confused and then awkwardly walked out of the temple. 

I sped up time and saw him seemingly teaching his kids. They were a variety of ages but they seemed generally on the young side. Sadly, I couldn't understand what he was trying to teach his kids due to the simple fact that I didn't know the language.

I went back to speeding up time and then I decided to send a wave of intent across the entire village that was now back to the size before the split.

"This man will be the final vessel of my will"

The village quickly went into praying and for the rest of the day they simply prayed. Also, it seemed like the inequality between male and female beastfolk had significantly lessened. 

I moved over to the new village far away that contained the split from long ago. I noticed how the leaders were majorly female. There was one tradition they kept, praying at dawn and dusk. 

They seemed to have a much lesser value on writing things like texts but had a far higher value on drawings. They remade the temple and had carvings of many different scenes across the ceiling and walls of the temple. 

They also had quite a lot more emphasis on art and valued it above writing. I was curious why they would value art while the other village would value writing.

I noticed how there were no drawings of the male beastfolk I gave my power to. Instead they showed females being valued more. I sighed but didn't try to change anything because I was curious how they would develop. Their village grew but at a much slower rate than the other village.

I was speeding up time when I noticed something very interesting. I saw a very thin male beastfolk. Even though he was an adult male beastfolk he seemed to have a delicate frame that looked extremely humanlike.

He was not cast outside but it didn't seem like he was especially liked by the other male beastfolk. I saw him simply sitting quietly at a table in a small house alone. I materialized another chair of much higher quality and made my avatar appear sitting across from him.

His head jolted up at the chair suddenly appearing and my avatar being across from him. As usual he quickly tried to kneel but I stopped him from doing so by stopping his body from kneeling. He was a bit worried but I made him relax by saying it was not needed.

I sent a long wave of intent at him.

"I want you to create your own village, I find you very interesting and I want to see how you can develop. Choose a willing female to breed with and I will send you somewhere very far from here where you can grow without restraint."

He understood and simply nodded. I gave a slight nod back and disappeared. I noticed him look at the chair in shock for a few minutes. The chair I made was made of metal and had significantly better design that the chairs they normally used. He hid the chair under a pelt of another animal and then went out of his house.

I sped time up and watched as he tried to find someone willing. It took a few days but he finally got a female who seemed to like him enough. He took her back to his house and then showed her the chair. She was shocked and I made my appearance.

I noticed once the two noticed me they kneeled and I waved my hand and then spoke through intent.

"You shall be moved to another land, separated by a vast distance that to you is impossible to reach. It will allow you to create a new tribe however you wish."

With a wave of my hand, there was no warning or sense of movement before they were teleported to another continent. I grinned as they just noticed the difference by looking out the window. I sent one last wave of intent before I disappeared.

"I have created a field where all monsters and wild animals will be kept out, only you or your children will be able to go through freely." 

They kneeled and then they quickly got to work. I made the entire house go with them so they had some sort of shelter. With a smile I thought in my head.

'Things are starting to get interesting'

Alright everyone, finally caught back up, I will be going back to a regular schedule and regular sized chapters after this. Every two days I will send one chapter. If I am feeling good then maybe two at once. Also, in the poll below, if you choose longer then it might be extended to one every three days.

Longer or shorter chapters?
  • Longer Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Shorter Votes: 2 13.3%
Total voters: 15 · This poll was closed on Jun 6, 2020 09:42 PM.
30