Chapter 4
1.5k 11 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Apologies for the disappearance, I meant to make 3 chapters in the past few days but life kinda caught me for a few days so I decided that I will make a larger chapter today and tomorrow. After that I will try to do at least one chapter every couple of days.

"No particular reason." I said as I walked to my bed.

"May I know what possessed you to getting a plant?" Dean asked once again, seemingly adamant on figuring why I wanted a plant.

"Well, you know, I am just trying some stuff out. Curious, why are you here? Normally you are doing all other kinds of things." I said as I turned to him after playing with the plant. 

Dean shrugged and went on to his phone, seemingly messaging. I wanted to quickly do more tests on actually having a planet have life and speeding up time. I had done a lot of research on how to find out if a planet was in the perfect zone for water to exist.

Actually getting water and finding a proper planet was by far the easiest task, the difficult thing was trying to figure out if the plants would just die the moment I put them down so I got a few plants.

One of them was a type of algae and a few others that I could easily find. After around 10 minutes Dean stood up and turned to me.

"Alright, I am heading out, have fun with your plant" Dean said with a grin.

"I will, cya" I said with a sigh.

After he finally left I went into my mind and quickly grabbed comets that were rich in water. I had already done more research on what they would look like and after straining my focus I could tell there was water.

I grabbed a ton of them and threw them at the planet I had pre-selected. It was hard to do but I created a sort of beacon where I would create an invisible molecular sized space where I would both speed up and slow time.

Since it took a slight amount of effort I could easily find where it was without any hassle. The only issue was once I fell asleep the markers would almost always disappear.

One of the more major things I did was moving around quite a few galaxies to point at the galaxy I was focusing on, then I would basically isolate the star so that it stood out in the galaxy once I narrowed my focus once again. 

Very inefficient but it would remain like that and I can find them again even after going to sleep. After I lost a planet it was basically impossible to find it again since there were literally countless planets in my universe.

I created massive oceans by having the comets land on the surface and speeding up time so they would melt completely. After the planet was filled with oceans I took all the plants and thrust them into the ocean along with a single one next to it.

As I was looking at my handiwork I realized I problem, there would be no waves since there was no moon. I sighed and found a nearby field of asteroids and I made them crash into themselves until there was a large moon sized object.

I put the object in orbit and quickly found it simply fell to the planet's surface. I took it and threw it in what I thought was an orbit and after slightly speeding up time to see the results, it fell after a little bit.

I spent hours trying to perfect the orbit by giving more and more power pushing it into a stable orbit. After what seemed like forever I finally got it and even after speeding up time a lot I noticed it barely moved.

I gave it a little more power and noticed it was incredibly slowly drifting away. This was by far more safe in my mind since if it slightly got closer it would eventually hit the planet. I sped up time for a while, I never really grasped how fast I could make time go but I noticed the entire planet's atmosphere changing so I decided to slow it down to check it out.

There were still no plants on the surface of the planet, however, there was an ocean full of small creatures I had never seen before. I was a little shocked because I never knew how fast time was going, but if it was enough for the plants and bacteria to evolve then it must have been a huge amount of time. 

I decided I needed to continue speeding up time and I had to suddenly stop as I was shocked when seemingly the entire planet's surface became covered in green. I zoomed back in and saw what looked like moss growing everywhere. I noticed very small creatures moving about and I saw one larger creature about half the size of a human male.

I suddenly realized that Earth's history had countless extinctions that lead to the people of today so I carefully found a decently sized asteroid and I nudged it into the future path of the planet. 

I sped up time and almost instantly I saw the crash of the asteroid and the entire planet seemed to be in flames for a split second before it went back to normal. The only difference was the total lack of greenery. 

Quickly though I saw the greenery sweep across the planet once again. I waited a little bit more before going back to the planet to check the progress.

I saw many more larger creatures and smaller ones as well. They looked completely different from what was on Earth even during ancient times. I decided to make another extinction event occur but this time it would be from the planet itself. I saw numerous small volcanic eruptions and even a few massive ones but they were at most only regional. 

I slowed time and I made the lava deep under the planet's surface restless and then I made a giant bubble of lava. I had researched what would be a global scale volcanic eruption and I made the size of the bubble similar but slightly smaller than what I had found was a good size.

I sped time back up and saw the entire planet go into flames and a single spot was molten even for quite a long time time. However, after a bit of waiting and speeding up time, I saw the molten area go away and I was slightly worried since the greenery that had quickly come back the previous time didn't. 

Then I let out a sigh of relief as I saw the plants take over the planet once again. I went back to check on the planets creatures and I was shocked as they looked sort of like dinosaurs. There were some obvious differences but they looked rather similar.

This time when I sped up time I set an even larger asteroid to strike the planet in the future. I saw it strike the planet and for the first time I saw the massive landmass that was typically unchanging crack in numerous pieces since I hit the land dead on. The first time I hit the ocean and it didn't have such a reaction.

I noticed the land pieces moving around slowly across the planet. Sometimes they hit each other and fused together. After zooming in and slowing time I noticed more creatures were smaller rather than the massive dinosaur-like creatures from before.

I then saw a very interesting creature. It looked like a panther but stood on its legs. Fangs came out of its mouth and it seemed very combat orientated. I then had an idea. What if I tried to change the genetic code of the animals. 

After zooming out I realized the giant markers seemed moved slightly. I moved them back and I made it easy to find the star. I left my universe and did some research. I found that to change the genetic code of animals would be impossible unless I could change the genetic code of the growing embryo.

Zooming into the molecular level simply took a bit of effort. I finished researching what genes mainly did what and I went back to the planet. I was confused at first before I reprimanded myself as an idiot because I expected the genetic code to be similar even though they evolved completely differently.

I then took it upon myself to keep the animal safe. I tried many things but they did not work. I really didn't want to have to watch over and protect the animal for its entire life.

Luckily the pather-like creature was a female so I could do my experiments without having to find a female. I then found out I could give it a sort of power. It allowed the creature a slight ability to affect the world.

I called it a day and I sped up time slightly while watching it find out it could do things like easily kill creatures that threatened it before. I was surprised to find it made a tribe around itself.

Then I realized I missed the first opportunity when I saw the pather-like creature spending time with a baby. I decided not to call them pather-like creatures and simply called them beastfolk

I noticed their species which was originally having a tough time due to the other creatures attacking them was now thriving since the female had the ability to slightly affect the world around her.

Well, to me it was slight, for the inhabitants of the world it was probably a godlike power. Then I realized she was actually being prayed to. I had an idea and I then zoomed in and took away her ability. She noticed the loss in power instantly and I made the mountains rise around their tribe and altar.

Massive rivers of fire floated through the sky and I made the sky darken. It was a truly apocalyptic scene. I made lightning strike around the tribe and each one of the beastfolk was in deep fear and simply laid on the ground seemingly praying to her.

I then tried something I had never tried before. Right in front of the shocked female beastfolk, I created a slightly transparent avatar of myself and I smiled before I pointed at her and gave her power back. 

She once again noticed it instantly and quickly went on her hands and knees before my avatar. I made the ground rise around us and I created a temple that would last an incredibly long time. By compressing the walls with a large amount of stone the walls would be near impervious to most attacks or natural disasters. 

I then waved slightly and I disappeared. The rivers of fire, lightning, darkness disappeared while the mountains fell to the ground causing massive tremors. I noticed them all slowly get up and look at the temple in shock and awe.

I saw the female beastfolk who I originally gave some of my powers still kneeling. Even after speeding up time a slight amount she didn't get up until quite a bit later.

I saw numerous buildings spring up similar to my temple and they were surrounding it but they were all a bit smaller. I just took this as their building skills not being quite up to par.

I sped up time and even with my close watch I noticed the female beastfolk once again have a child. I couldn't instantly tell when the child was being born and it seemed unless I put total attention I wouldn't be able to experiment. 

Instead I focused on my powers. I had never tried to make an avatar of myself so the semi-translucent avatar, while alright, seemed to not be the limit. I went to another galaxy and I made an avatar floating in space. This one was far more corporeal and seemed lifelike. I made it grow and found I didn't really sense a limit. After eventually making the avatar grow larger than a galaxy I stopped.

Seemingly no limit. I thought and then I practiced giving my power to something inanimate. Nothing happened. I made an avatar as even though it was far easier to manipulate things from the non-avatar form of myself, I wanted to test it out from a normal perspective. I picked up the sharp rock I gave my power to.

I could tell my power was still in the rock and I swung the rock in a direction while trying to focus on the power in the rock. A massive, formless, and invisible slash tore through the ground and made a massive gash in the rocky landscape of the barren planet. 

I took my power away from it and tried once again, nothing happened. I found even with other objects, when it came to giving my power to inanimate objects, they could only really be used for destructive purposes.

I then left my universe and went to sleep. It was quite late and I was pretending to sleep so Dean wouldn't disturb me. I fell asleep and thought about everything I could do tomorrow in my universe.

The next morning I woke up and as I went to check in the universe I realized something crazy. I usually had to find where the galaxy was through the markers I put for myself, but I realized I could sense the power I gave to the female beastfolk

34