Chapter 8
1.2k 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I realized that it would take quite a bit of effort for them to figure out how to communicate with me and I was impatient so I slowed time to nearly a stop and then went into reality.

After a bit of looking around I realized that there was really nothing I could use to show them english. Normally I would be extremely cautious about giving an extremely advanced alien civilization knowledge of my world through books and other objects.

The only reason I considered it was because they were in my universe and I could easily destroy their entire galaxy with a single thought I was not very worried about what they could do with knowledge of my world.

I went out and bought both a english dictionary and a english language for dummies book. After returning to my dorm I quickly sent them into my universe and came back.

The books were just floating in mid-air since I just teleported it into my nearly time frozen universe. I resumed time and grabbed the books. They seemed a bit shocked at the fact two strange objects suddenly appeared.

I threw them the books and they clumsily caught them. I sent a wave of intent to them.

"Figure out my language, I will come back in the future. I expect you all to figure out the language."

After that, I made my avatar vaporize and I zoomed back out. I sped up time for the galaxy by a large margin.

After a few seconds I felt the barrier acting up and I was a little bit shocked since the barrier was made out of my absolute power. I strengthened the barrier considerably and I noticed the unusual reactions from the barrier stopping.

Luckily I could tell nothing actually broke through the barrier. Instead there were just a few more slight reactions here and there but then it stopped completely.

I had to admit, I was really impatient because I had some great ideas about what to do with this technologically advanced civilization that would be very useful in reality.

When I put time back to normal I was once again glad I found out that giving my power to things allowed me to easily find them again. I had to admit, my markers were extremely helpful.

As I looked over the planet I was shocked to find that the rock I had randomly chosen to give my power to was being used by the creatures. I could tell they were extracting huge amounts of power and it was being used to open gates far easier and faster than before.

I suddenly realized why the barrier was acting up. Only my power could affect the barrier and since they found out the rock had strange abilities they used it on the barrier.

Luckily I only put a small amount of my power in the rock or else they might have broken through the barrier. I created my giant avatar outside of the city and I was glad that they didn't suddenly attack me like before.

In a random thought I realized that I never really knew how much time was sped up when I really increased the flow of time, usually I just saw the stars moving at different speeds around the galaxies. 

After pushing that random thought away I noticed multiple creatures came out once again with their machines. I shrank my avatar and I created the floating platform. I gave power to the machines and spoke through my avatar.

"So, have you broke the language barrier?" I asked expectantly.

"Prelude the after then the when who" One of the machines said through a speaker.

"..." I kept silent after the machines spat out a bunch of nonsense.

I noticed the creatures were extremely focused on the exchange. I felt a bit of anger fill up in me. Somehow they figured out how to correctly say words but they had no idea how to use them in an actual sentence.

"You didn't solve it after all this time?" I asked with a small hint of anger.

"Before whoever left blue barn" The machine continued to say random words.

With a light sigh that didn't really show my anger I jumped off the platform. I always had a problem where I wanted results quickly. I also had a lot planned once the language barrier was solved.

Speaking through intent was simply a one way communication. I gave them a sentence, they reacted to it. I couldn't understand anything they actually said.

If I wanted to figure out some of their technologies and advancements they needed to be able to talk to me as well, not just me talking to them.

Normally I didn't let my anger get the better of me but since this was all in my mind I didn't really care how they looked at me since they could never tell anyone in reality.

As I landed on the ground, I sent a kick infused with an incredibly small portion of my power. The land shredded and a huge explosion shot out from the ground. After a few cusses I calmed down since I was really expectant on them, I calmed down and teleported myself to the platform.

The entire ground below had a massive crater and cracks through the ground. They were extremely afraid and I just looked at them and tried to figure out how to solve it.

I then put the platform back onto the ground and teleported them back to the city. After considering the morality of practicing my power on their species to see if I could somehow figure out how to communicate or give them a way to figure out how to speak my language. I eventually decided not to test my powers on them as it would be a bit unethical.

With a slight chuckle I realized I was completely okay with wiping out their entire galaxy but not with testing my powers on living creatures.

After a brief check of the beastfolk world and making sure everything was alright. I found that the tribe of the beastfolk on another continent was growing well and I saw four distinct areas where their special children grew their own factions.

I went back to reality and decided to spend a bit of time trying to figure out how I could make it work. I had a couple of plans that would allow me to use their technology in reality so I would be able to improve my quality of life but the language gap was too big.

One-way communication was not enough for a partnership. I needed to be able to actually talk to them if I wanted my ideas to come to fruition.

After a bit of research I found that it would be nearly impossible to have them figure out the language without an actual link between our languages. I was really hesitating trying my powers on one of them.

The only thing I was having issues with was the fact I would be directly testing my powers with their minds, or even souls. I had never actually tried to affect the mental state of something living before.

Well, at least not completely sentient, I considered the beastfolk on the other tribe to be more of a scientific affair. Like trying to clone an animal that didn't exist, still within my okay range.

In my mind, changing the state of something already intelligent was like experimenting on human conciousness. Maybe some others would be able to do it but it disturbed me for some reason.

As I was sitting at my desk the dorm room opened and Dean walked in with a girl who I always assumed with his girlfriend since he usually hung out with her.

I never really remembered her name very well, it was Amy or something along those lines. Dean and the girl both looked at me like I was a ghost.

"What? Am I really that scary?" I said with sarcasm thick in my voice.

"No, it is just that I genuinely forgot you were here. Sorry about that." Dean said as he went back to normal.

"Dean, you said you were taking me somewhere we could be alone?" The girl whined.

I had to admit, I was a little bit angry at Dean forgetting my existence. That coupled with my anger from failing to cross the language barrier made me say a line in anger.

"Alright, I will go for a few hours then. Thanks for forgetting about me Dean." I said with a bit of venom in my voice.

"Dude, I am really sorry. Here, there is a party going on in a place near here, you can go check it out. Tell them I sent you, if they don't let you in, just tell me." Dean said as he texted me an address.

After leaving the room I heard the girl talking to Dean. I could tell he was sorry since I said it while full of anger and he looked apologetic. The only reason I talked with that much anger was that I was frustrated at my failure of not finding a way to communicate with the creatures from the advanced civilization.

I eventually decided that there really was nowhere to go since it was rather late due to me zoning out and going in my universe for most of the day. I checked the address on my phone and went to the place.

Almost instantly I thought about how shady it was. The entire building was unmarked and seemed like a warehouse of some sorts. 

However the outside was rather well hidden. I noticed two people just hanging around a door that lead into the building. I quickly found out they were guarding the entrance.

"Hey, go somewhere else." Spoke one of them.

"I was sent by Dean, I came because he told me about a party?" I explained.

"What is your relation to Dean?" The other one asked.

"He is my roommate" I said with a light sigh.

"Well, if Dean sent you then you should be alright. Go ahead in." Spoke the first one as they opened the door. 

I walked in and heard the music get louder. I noticed there was a walkway to get in. After going inside I heard the music get gradually louder as I reached another door.

Normally I was not one to really go to parties, I was more of a quiet person who enjoyed reading and playing games on the computer.

After thinking a soft 'Why did I come here' I entered the doors and the volume of the music increased by a large amount.

There were around 100 to 150 people partying. I just kind of merged into the crowd after I closed the door. After once again contemplating what would posses me to come to a party I saw a soda container in the corner of the building.

After slowly moving through the crowd I opened the container and took out some soda. I noticed there were a couple of alcoholic drinks in there as well but I never enjoyed alcohol. 

I never really enjoyed the atmosphere at parties. Usually I would rather spend my time messing around in my universe and watching planets collide in an awesome show or read a book.

While I was just leaning against a wall near the soda container, a dude came up to me and started conversation.

"Cmon man, this is a party, you can chill and enjoy a nice drink. Soda isn't that good anyway, you need some real man drinks!" He was obviously drunk and his words were slurred.

"No thanks my guy, I am just relaxing and enjoying the vibe man." I said it in a way that made me look high.

I did this for a couple of reasons. I was obviously not doing any drugs but it was always better to act like that because no one would mess with you and let you relax in peace.

However, when you try to act normal they simply insist you drink or relax or something else along those lines. He gave me a smile and then continued.

"I gotchu man, have fun dude" As he wobbled away.

It was an extremely effective strategy and would make almost everyone who was drunk or high or whatever else leave you alone.

As I was considering if I should leave, a shirt suddenly caught my eye. It was a rather plain and simple shirt, showing the famous E=MC^2. Then I suddenly had an idea. Math was the one thing that would transcend language.

I had no idea how I could use it to communicate but if I showed them how my worlds math system works then at least it was something.

After briefly thinking about how I could show them the numbers and basic math, I decided to leave. After once again going through the crowd I was grabbed by someone.

"This guy will decide! He looks sober as hell!" Yelled a very drunk person.

"Dude, I am just vibin man" I said to him.

He looked at me a bit oddly and then let me go as he continued looking around for someone to 'decide' something. I was glad I dodged a bullet there and then quickly escaped.

I was really not one for parties I thought with a sigh. It was only around half an hour so I had to keep walking. It was around 3 am and I was a bit cautious of walking around but I didn't want to go back to my dorm yet.

After walking for a bit in silence I suddenly saw someone rush in front of me and point a knife at me. I quickly felt a wave of fear rush over me. As I heard another person walk behind me and I felt a poke of a knife against my back.

"Give us your money and phone or I will kill you"

30