Chapter 9
1k 12 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt fear take me as I realized I was being mugged. In my adrenaline filled state I was unresponsive but they just repeated themselves.

"Give us your money and phone now!" Yelled the one behind me.

In my burst of fear, without a single thought I tried something I had not done before.

Sending an actual person into my universe. Due to him pointing his knife at me I quickly tried sending his entire person into my universe.

Finding out it was no different from sending inanimate objects. I felt the knife touching my back suddenly disappear. I noticed the guy in front of my look at me in shock, then he yelled.

"What the hell! What did you do?" His voice was very fearful.

He suddenly thought of something and rushed at me. I moved back but it was nowhere fast enough. I felt the knife slide into me. In a reflexive movement I grabbed him and sent him into my universe as well.

For some reason my mind didn't think of sending the knife so it was just jammed into my abdomen. I wasn't bleeding but I saw it. It felt very cool around the knife and I was in shock.

After fumbling around trying to take my phone out of my pockets and even failing a few times I finally managed to get into my pocket to get my phone.

Grabbing my phone with my intensely shaking hands, I failed to unlock my phone multiple times. I saw the emergency button so I pressed it and called 911 after a few tries.

I felt the coolness around the knife slowly going away and I could somehow feel a deep heat in the wound. I heard them pick up and I didn't really register what they said.

"I got stabbed, please help me" I stuttered heavily saying the sentence but it was legible.

I suddenly realized my adrenaline filled state had left me and I collapsed onto the ground. I just laid there and heard the police on the phone trying to talk to me hurriedly.

I moved the phone really close to my mouth and quietly said the address and then said I was laying on the ground outside.

After that I felt like I had no energy and dropped the phone onto the ground. For some reason I was really serene and the original fear had gone away.

I wondered what would happen, the knife was really deep inside of me. However, after paying attention to the rising heat of the wound I felt it was not really centered and more on the right side.

In my head I gave a soft sigh as I was glad I didn't have a huge chunk of me removed from the knife. I heard the sirens and a heavy sleepiness came over me.

The next few memories were a blur, I knew I saw quite a few doctors and other people telling me to stay awake but I simply couldn't for too long and I kept going in and out.

Then I awoke in my universe and I realized something was wrong. I had fallen asleep quite a few times in my universe and I would always wake up in reality.

I quickly tried to go back into reality, and I felt like I hit a barrier, the universe itself seemed to rumble as I tried to go into reality. At this point I was rather freaked out since this had never happened before.

Through my entire life I had always been able to go in and out with ease. In a panic I tried to think of what last happened to me.

Then it all came back in a rush and I realized I had been stabbed and I passed out. I quickly tried to get out of the universe a few more times but I simply couldn't. 

However, I did find that if I kept trying to force myself out of my universe. There would be intense soundless rumbling and my vision of the universe shaking, I could hear thing softly in what I assumed was reality.

It was incredibly hard to understand and took quite a bit of constant effort to keep hearing so I gave up after a little bit of trying. I was rather frightened but if I could still slightly hear things outside then it couldn't be that bad.

I also finally realized I was in the beastfolk world. I also saw the village I was looking over and I saw some beastfolk patching up one familiar and one not so familiar person.

The two who attacked me. Since I was overlooking the village, they fell from about one story and their legs were very thoroughly broken. It was a very graphic scene and I felt myself feel a bit sick.

Steeling myself and I noticed that they would die if I didn't do anything. Either by infection or something else. I also found they were taking very soft breaths.

Quickly looking over the entire planet I found a small island. I teleported them to the island and then gave them my power. I had noticed long ago once I gave my power the bodies of the users would strengthen themselves through some means. 

I waited a bit and they kept softly breathing. While I was watching them I had an idea. Normally my avatars were made of pure energy given mass. It was a bit complicated to explain but rather easy to do. I was curious if I could make my actual body appear as an avatar.

After trying a few times and only partially completing it I finally had something click and I managed to make my human body.

I quickly dropped to the ground and my head was very woozy. I suddenly realized that there were an abundance of plants so the oxygen must have been far higher than earth. I quickly tried using my power on my avatar and I found that I somehow had two perspectives of myself.

One was the overview where I could see everything clearly and seemingly from the outside, then one as if the avatar was myself. It was like third and first person perspectives in games.

After focusing on the first person I tried to use my power to slightly change my body. It was incredibly painful so I quickly dulled the pain with my power. The trouble breathing kept persisting and would remain unless I took shallow breaths. 

Changing my lungs and even my heart after a while I finally got my body to be able to withstand the change in air concentration. I had an idea and tried to speed up time on my avatar. I was forcefully ejected out of the body and I was looking down at it from above.

I watched it quickly age but it didn't suddenly die so I was satisfied. I looked over the two people who mugged me. I went into my avatar and noticed I could easily revert my age back to normal so I did so.

Looking at them I hesitated if I should change their bodies for them. I decided that they probably wouldn't wake up easily so after leaving my avatar I changed their bodies from the overview.

I made sure to cut off their senses as I did the changes since it was incredibly painful. I then slowly changed their bodies to adjust to the new atmosphere.

Along with that I also made sure to strengthen both their bodies and healed their injuries. While doing so I realized I could somehow do a sort of healing that would remove their diseases as well. 

It was surprisingly easy and as usual the voice in the back of my head helped me know what would happen if I changed something while making the changes to their lungs and hearts. It was a very strange feeling and I didn't really like it but since it was only helping me I went with it.

I noticed them stirring and the one who attacked me from behind woke up first. He looked around and saw my avatar. I realized it was naked so I quickly materialized some clothes.

He was shocked and scrambled away after being stunned in the change in scenery. I looked at him on the ground and realized that our roles had completely changed. I had total control over the situation.

Although he was still holding his knife, it didn't make me afraid at all. He looked at me in a bit of fear and then yelled, which woke up the one who was standing in front of me.

"Where the hell are we!? Who are you and what did you do to us!?" 

"You... are in my universe-"

"Bullshit! Tell me what happened or I will stab you!" He yelled as he cut me off.

I waved my hand and made the knife warp into my hand. His hand faltered at the sudden loss of his knife. Both of them looked at me in a combination of fear and shock. I continued speaking.

"Listen, you did this to yourself. If you didn't try to rob me I wouldn't have done anything to you."

"What happened?" Spoke the one in front.

"I suppose that I can tell you the full story, even if you don't believe me, this is your new life. When I was young-" I continued speaking and told them my entire story.

Even including how I created the entire planet and saw the alien species. They constantly looked at me like I was crazy but kept getting shocked when I decided to show holograms, which they couldn't tell were even holograms, that showed all the things I was talking about.

Then when I finally got to the part where I gave them power and changed their bodies they interrupted me.

"Wait, we have 'the power'? What exactly does that mean?" Asked Roy, the one who faced me when robbing me.

"Well, you can do things like telekinesis, lengthening your lifespan, doing other such things." I calmly explained.

"Why would you give us that power?" Asked John, the one who was behind me.

"Because... you are human. You are also the only beings in this entire universe who can have a conversation with me. Try out some of your powers, I made sure you give you both quite a bit." I finished as I made a couple rocks and trees float behind me.

Very quickly they both got the hang of it. As I watched them I realized that giving them incredibly small portions of my power was not really giving my power to them. It was more of giving them abilities rather than me giving them my abilities.

Previously I simply thought of it as giving my powers to them but it was more of making themselves gain the power as it didn't actually make my powers any weaker.

I watched them fly, destroy things, and move large portions of the ground around. They were both extremely happy. I was a bit surprised since I forced them to come into my universe and they were already getting over it so quickly. 

As I was thinking I realized something, they were not immune to the ravages of time. When I sped up time on my avatar, it wasn't really me aging any faster. It was my body aging.

They didn't have this ability, to ignore the flow of time. I was quite happy I was able to finally speak to someone in my universe even if it was someone from reality. However, after realizing all it would take is one acceleration of time for them to be gone I had to admit, I was a bit afraid.

I eventually decided to throw it to the back of my mind and then said "Hey, do you guys want to see the advanced civilization that conquered their entire galaxy?"

They both were rather eager so I created a bubble of the air around us and teleported us to their planet. There still existed the giant cracks covering the ground behind the city from my brief outburst.

I quickly noticed many of them realizing our presence and quickly bringing out machines and members of their species.

28