Chapter 10
1k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we waited I finally heard the words I was waiting for. Honestly it kind of bugged me it took them this long to say it.

"About us stabbing you and everything... Sorry" Roy finally said.

I turned away from them and a slightly evil grin appeared on my face as I spoke.

"Don't worry about it, you can help me out with some of my problems I have been having with this civilization."

"What could we possibly help with?"

"I'll tell you soon, I am bringing them to us." I replied vaguely.

The moment I teleported them I didn't instantly turn on the machines. I knew quite clearly that the machines they had didn't work and could only correctly say the words, not actually communicate.

I then decided to give them a bit of a scare. Even though I hid it quite well that what they did was actually not that much to me. I remembered quite clearly what it felt like to be stabbed.

After giving a smile I spoke "Well, I shall leave you with them for a bit, I will come back to pick you up later."

Quickly the two tried to talk to me but the moment I finished I vaporized my avatar. I was both, satisfied that the aliens would have a few days of actual communication with them which would ideally speed up their progress translating.

They were quite freaked out but I made sure to keep the air around them constantly supplied with oxygen and other things so they wouldn't suffocate.

I teleported back to the beastfolk world and then I hesitated as I looked down on the tribe with four distinct factions. I eventually found myself looking towards the white beastfolk who I had given foresight to.

As I looked over her I quickly realized something and even though I was completely invisible I gave off a weird look on my face.

While I was looking at the babies I never really paid attention and instead just focused on the genetics as a testing ground. They were furries. All of them.

The only exception was the strangely human version of the beastfolk when I tried to integrate both beastfolk and human genes. I was a bit put off by them so I tried to ignore them.

The original two who I did my genetic testing on were long gone. Their children had long since grown up and all had children. Each creating their own line. All of them were still alive but they were now old since I had often sped up time whenever I was bored.

I noticed the final one of my experiments which I gave my power to was seemingly more powerful than the other three. The weakest by far was the ones that looked like humans but they had a strange affinity for tools and much more advanced manipulation of their fingers.

After looking around I finally went to the house of the beastfolk with foresight. I had done some experimenting with having a beastfolk avatar based on their biology and had created one that I thought looked cool.

As I materialized in front of the door I noticed that she was not very surprised and simply looked over at me. I then decided to try to see the future as well and I suddenly noticed that when looking into the future whenever I tried to focus on what I would do the future would be very unreadable.

The avatar would do countless things and made my head feel like it was on fire. I quickly stopped and then saw the female beastfolk smile. I gave a light sigh since I had not intended for them to become furries.

The original two tribes still looked like walking leopards or tigers and were extremely nonhuman. The beastfolk in this tribe were far more humanoid and human looking than the other two tribes.

I then sent a wave of intent.

"How can we talk?"

In all honesty, I really had no expectations. Not even the advanced civilization could solve this. However, she pointed at her forehead and then gestured to herself.

After being quite confused but obviously not showing it I suddenly wondered if I could allow them to send waves of intent like I could.

I gave a smile and then tried to sense exactly how my power sent intent with the next sentence.

"You are smart"

After finding out what kind of power I was using to send intents I tried to give her the same kind and it was oddly easy. I found that there would be a sort of correction whenever I was doing things from the back of my mind.

Seemingly from the same area where the voice would tell me what would happen whenever I was concentrating. I could tell she now noticed she had the strange ability and then she sent me a wave of intent.

I had to admit, being at the receiving end of the intent I realized why most tried to kneel before me and were always frightened be seeing me.

The voice was like the voice of an angel even though I clearly knew that the language they were using was nowhere near that smooth.

"I thank the Will Of The World for the ability to respond" She spoke as she bowed her head before me.

"I must admit, you are indeed intelligent. None before you had come up with this." I replied.

The name Will Of The World was quite a bit off but I didn't see a need to correct them. I then noticed she was hesitating about something. I was a bit curious.

"Ask whatever it is you want to know. This is a rare opportunity." I said with a grin.

"Why do us four tribe leaders look so much different from both, our parents and the rest of our tribes? Also why do we have abilities completely different from others?"

"Well, that is because you were hand crafted by me. All abilities you have were gifted from me to you before you were even born."

She kneeled and then said a rather surprising sentence.

"Please, take away my ability to see the future. I have suffered far too much and seen more than I ever wanted."

"Why would you want your ability to see the future taken away?"

"Every time I see something horrible no matter how much I try there is no way to stop it. I never want to witness something I cannot change."

"I see" I replied as I closed my eyes.

When I first tried to see the future and change it there was a strange compulsion to let what I saw happen. However, I was able to ignore the feeling and could easily change what I saw.

It seemed like for creatures of my universe seeing was the only thing they could do. Changing was completely impossible and what they saw would come true.

After I finished thinking of these things I took her ability to see the future away. While I was looking at her I saw her previously silver iris turn black. It was a strange transition and I thought that that had to be explored more.

I eventually left but decided to leave her with the power of speaking through intent because why not. I was always curious to see what they would do given the power.

As I was wondering what else to do I was curious what happened after death for the creatures of this world. I went to a random creature and I whispered a silent sorry and sent a lightning strike down to instantly kill it.

I tried to sense and see if anything changed about the creature after it died and suddenly everything in my vision went black and white. The world was completely in black and white except there was a greenish hue around trees and plants and there was a solid yellow form around the body of the creature.

In that moment, I wondered if that was a soul. I saw it simply dissipate after the creature died and I looked for another creature while in this strange state. I saw another creature and sure enough the yellowish light around the creature was not dissipating.

With the next thing I did I initially hesitated but told myself that they were just mindless animals, they would not really feel anything. I tried to move the yellowish light and the moment I touched it and tried to move it the body of the animal fell to the ground.

After taking out the light from the creatures body something strange happened. The creature was simply laying there. The body was still alive but the brain of the creature was very inactive. Only doing reflexive actions that would keep it living.

I noticed the yellowish light in my invisible grasp slowly dissipating. I tried to infuse energy into it and it exploded into a fine mist and quickly disappeared.

It was quite startling. I eventually tried to create an avatar like the light. I also tried to change my vision between the soul vision and normal vision. After I made the avatar in the soul vision like the light from the previous creatures I noticed it was completely invisible with normal vision.

Going into the avatar I noticed that it didn't really feel like my body. Any avatar I made before always felt like a pure and easy extension of me. This felt like controlling a character from a game controller. 

Along with that was the fact that the avatar was instead a shadowy humanoid form that looked sort of like a shadow.

Granted it was still completely seamless it simply didn't feel like a natural extension of me. It took quite a bit of effort to create this avatar compared to the extremely easy creation of normal avatars. 

After looking for another creature I tried to hit it through the strange avatar. I felt the moment I hit the soul a rush of information into my head. The soul was destroyed as my invisible and seemingly formless hand went through the soul.

Pictures of numerous creatures and fighting creatures popped into strangely the head of the avatar first, then to my memories. Eventually fading away until they were gone from my memories.

The creature on the ground was not alive like the previous one, instead dead. I had vague pictures of creatures fighting in my mind and it really felt like I was the one who was in the memories.

I tested on numerous creatures, even at one point trying to block the memories from coming to me and it was easy to stop the flow of memories.

As I was testing on creatures in my wake there was a bunch of both animal corpses and animals still alive but not reacting to anything.

The plants also had the greenish hue I tried to destroy the souls of the plants and they would die. For plants it was not obvious at first glance but they would die and then slowly deteriorate.

Eventually I had the idea of trying to absorb the souls. I was a bit frightened at what could happen if I tried to absorb souls. I first tried on plants and I noticed the avatar growing more and more in both size.

At one point I realized that if I really tried to interact with something in the world other than souls while it took a massive amount of effort I could do it from the 'soul world' as I named it so creatively.

I then had the idea of trying to alter the avatar from both the avatar and from my main view.

From the avatar I could slightly adjust my form to be whatever I wanted but nothing too much. From my main view, as I expected I could change it however I wanted.

Creating what looked like something from a nightmare. The hands now had massive claws that could be pressed together to create something like a sword.

I used the avatar and rushed around destroying more plants and animals, blocking the memories. When I realized what exactly I was doing there was already a massive path of death and the avatar was extremely real and could even be slightly seen in the real world.

As I went back to my main view the avatar was simply standing there. Looking like something from a nightmare. I was a bit afraid due to me losing myself in feeling the avatar tear and absorb souls.

Then I had a frightening thought.

'What if I tried to make it alive?'

Alright, we are starting to get into interesting territory. Apologies for the horrible last chapter but there (hopefully) won't be anymore things like that.

Spoiler

I really couldn't think of a better way to both, get people into his universe and get him stuck in his universe so I could continue the story.

[collapse]

How is the pacing of the story so far?
  • Too Fast Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Too Slow Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Just Right Votes: 50 72.5%
Total voters: 69
32