Chapter 11
981 9 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was initially hesitant but I decided to try. I was really curious if I could make the creature alive. I wanted to see what would happen.

Then I thought about how I was not stupid enough to make the creature alive on the beastfolk world. Since I was impatient I decided to look around the beastfolk solar system which had a few more rocky planets.

I decided to pick a planet that was a lot closer to the star. I was a bit worried about the heat since I was on the sunny side of the planet and since it was tidally locked it was extremely hot.

My worries proved unnecessary because the avatar was completely immune to the immense heat and did not dissipate. I was at first troubled because I had no idea where to start when it came to giving life.

Eventually I focused on it and I simply watched the movements of the shadowy mass that seemed to be the soul of the avatar.

As I slowly moved around I heard the voice in the back of my head direct me to a certain area. As I watched I realized that it had seemingly no movements whatsoever.

I went back into the avatar and I saw it have movements. After trying to give it movements I saw the soul creature suddenly look around.

Seemingly curious it moved around slightly. Already walking and moving quickly with ease. It seemed like the soul was slowly dissipating as I was still watching it closely.

Eventually I tried to create a soul and it was just a mass of special energy. The soul creature's head whipped around to the new soul I created and rushed at it.

Stabbing it with its hands and absorbing it. After going still for a few seconds the soul creature resumed movements. Looking around carefully seemingly for more souls.

I did many tests with it by testing just how far it could sense souls. Extremely far apparently. Instantly detecting any soul on the planet.

After making one in space it looked up into the sky. The soul crouched down and jumped. Shooting into the sky, but still being drawn back down.

It was a simple feat of gravity but I never thought that gravity would have an effect on souls. After many attempts and slamming into the ground the soul simply looked up.

Letting the soul in space dissipate I saw the creature stop looking up. I kept experimenting to see just how far it could sense souls and it was really far.

There was a moon and it seemed like it was barely out of the range of the creature. I was really interested in the creature.

It was seemingly very powerful because I had tried making the souls more and more dense and filled with energy but the creature would always be able to destroy them in one go.

I finally decided to make my avatar and attempt to communicate. I created my soul avatar and I noticed it instantly get swiped and devoured.

Sighing I made an extremely powerful soul and quickly entered it as I made it. The creature tried to attack it but the new soul avatar was far more powerful than even the creature.

However, that didn't stop it from trying it's best to destroy the avatar. I had to constantly reinforce it and then I got impatient that it didn't give up.

Sending in an absurd amount more than before to supercharge the avatar it suddenly became far larger and it gave off a sort of pressure that was shown through the creature being pushed onto the ground, unable to move.

I made the colossal soul look down at the creature which was seemingly incapable of movement due to the pressure. It also seemed to press even more into the ground as I gazed at it through the avatar. The colossal soul gave off a powerful glow all over its body.

"Who are you?" I said as I spoke through intent.

Then quickly giving it the ability to speak through intent as well. Which I noticed made the soul itself seem to change slightly. This also required further experimentation.

It seemed to realize it had a new ability and sent a sentence back to me.

"I don't know. Who are you?"

"I am the one who made you."

"Did you make me the food from before?"

"Yes, I was testing things out."

"What is my purpose?"

"Whatever you want it to be."

"I want more food, to become stronger, to survive."

"Then you will get what you desire, just remember, there are some more powerful than you."

I took the power away and made the colossal avatar disappear. It seemed quite disappointed. No way I would give it that much power.

Then I tried something new. I tried to make all the souls that were separated from the bodies of those on the beastfolk world appear into this world.

Almost the moment I began trying I heard the voice in my head. Instead of trying to slightly resist it, I completely focused on it and tried to listen to it.

This time it was not even slightly quiet. It told me things that I had never even tried. Somehow telling me how to change fundamental rules of things.

All the while I simply did what it said, this gave me so many ideas. Then, after a few moments, countless souls began appearing scattered all around the world. The creature seemed quite pleased and rushed at as many souls as it could get its hands... well... claws on.

It seemed like the souls from the beastfolk world had an instinctive fear of the creature and would try to escape. This lead to an annoyance on the creature's part but I decided that I had to quickly try something.

I went deep into intergalactic space where there were basically no galaxies at all and I created a barrier the size of a large solar system.

Then, I tried to change the fundamental rules governing inside the barrier. Quickly, I found a massive amount of resistance and no voice, instinct, whatever, helping me.

After a bit I figured out two things. Firstly, while it was possible, it would take a long time to actually change the rules of the universe. Secondly, if the voice was not there, then it meant I was either completely off the track and it was impossible, or, I was on the completely right track.

After around half an hour I finally dismantled all the rules of the universe in the bubble. The moment I did so, something strange happened, the space gasses and light, all suddenly disappeared.

Zooming in further, there was no atoms whatsoever. I had gone further but it started to make no sense to me. Strange lines and weird movements of space itself.

Going back out to a normal state it was basically a complete void. Then I had another idea. I tried making a soul and it didn't instantly get destroyed from the void.

It seemed like souls were made of something completely different from matter since any matter I tried to create would instantly be destroyed.

The soul was initially completely without any thought, just a floating ball of soul energy. I decided this was as safe of a place as any to do experiments on the soul.

I suddenly realized that before I was not willing to test on things like souls, but then I thought about how I could be stuck in here for who knows how long. 

Tossing the thoughts of being stuck here for an unknown amount of time I began shaping the soul. Most souls of animals were just forms of their physical bodies and when they died their souls become more or less like a floating orb. 

Beastfolk themselves were significantly better, their souls were still shaped like the bodies they lives with and were far stronger than animal souls. Even though some animals could easily kill beastfolk, in terms of souls they were completely at the mercy of beastfolk.

Shaping the soul to look human I realized that like all souls I had seen before it had no detailed features. I tried to give it specific features and found that the soul seemed just go back to the humanoid shape no matter how I tried giving detailed features.

After sensing how much power the soul had I doubled it. Now it was a little bit weaker than the creature I made from my avatar. I was happy to find that now I could give more detailed features.

Using my power I gave it hair, eyes, and more features on the face. After I was done, I realized I had accidentally made it look like me. I changed it up a bit, making the hair a different style, nose and mouth slightly different. Still, it looked like it could be passed off as my sibling.

Sighing and giving up trying to change it I doubled the soul power of it again and I noticed the radiance of the soul, which was previously invisible on all souls, except for the colossal soul, started to show.

Giving a nod I was curious to see exactly what happened when a soul gained a large amount of power. Slowly funneling in my power I began raising it's soul power and it seemed to be getting more and more real.

The glow around the soul grew and grew until it was incredibly bright. However, I tried to prevent it from growing so that instead of spreading that massive amount of power over a huge area, it was a massive amount of power in a small area.

By this point, it was already nearing the brightness of the colossal soul. Then I noticed something crazy, the soul itself seemed to be twitching. I was incredibly curious so I continued funneling power. The soul began having slight movements.

I was watching very closely and intently, as the power kept growing and kept being forced into the small area it seemed to make the soul active. I was very curious to see what would happen.

Increasing the power going to the soul by a large margin it kept moving and moving without any interference. The power of the soul was easily hundreds of times more than the colossal soul. 

Then, it suddenly opened its closed eyes. In my shock, I stopped putting power in instantly. Taking a close look at the soul, it's 'sentience' area was actually active without me stimulating it. 

Reinforcing the barrier around the void, I was very curious about what this soul would do. I had never giving this much power to a single thing before. Even stopping time simply took a bit of effort, but this soul had such a huge amount of power I had no idea what it would or even could do.

I simply watched. It was looking around the dark void with no rules whatsoever. Then it observed itself. Touching its face a few times. 

Then it did something shocking. It swung its hand and seemingly hit something. While visually, nothing happened, I could tell that it just hit the void in front of it. Sending an invisible space ripple. 

After I saw how easily it could interfere with the void I had an idea. I looked at a random solar system in a nearby galaxy and then I took note of all the rules in it.

Going back to the bubble, it was just hitting the void. I sent a wave of intent filled with all the information of the laws, star, rocky planets, and a single gas giant.

It quickly looked around and then just closed its eyes. While it seemed like it was doing nothing. I could clearly see it was fighting for control of the rules in the void. 

However, the void was still a bit more powerful and it couldn't completely change the rules. It also seemed to have dimmed quite a bit.

I decided to charge the soul again, nearly tripling its power. Since it was still focused on fighting for control of the rules, it instantly gained the upper hand and I could tell that a wave of what could only be described as order appeared in the void.

The soul quickly looked around and tried to find something. I was almost positive it was trying to find me but I knew that as long as I didn't want to be seen, nothing could sense me. 

Then I saw it do something crazy, creating matter from nothing took a bit of effort even on my part. I saw it trying to make an entire star.

Almost instantly the radiance of the soul was nearly completely drained and even then only a large, dense cloud of gas started to form.

Pumping a massive amount of power back into the soul, the radiance was regained and even larger than before. The star was slowly created and I realized a bit of a failure on my part.

I usually tried to make everything at once, the soul was gradually making it, obviously making the whole process much easier. Watching intently as it continued creating the star, then the planets, and a lone gas giant, it finally hit the barrier of the void.

Carefully moving over to the edge that completely blocked the outside universe to this one, it touched the barrier and then sent a fist at it.

When it hit the barrier, nothing happened, no movement, as if nothing happened. It quickly gave up after seeing this and a few more punches.

Seeing it adjust the planets to orbit correctly and do other such things I just realized something.

'Did I just create a god?'

30